Is God really the "good guy"?

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#21 Feb 7, 2014
Ami in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
" I guess we, as mere mortals the butterflies with our wings pulled off witch He sits in His heaven and looks down upon, watching us squirm helplessly I guess we as mere mortals can only hope that what is written is true, that God is "a good guy and that the concept of salvation is true."
There are no facts, only interpretations.
You need to have faith and trust in God! It's not something that you learn over night, but I have through the years!
TearZpreacher

Jackson, MO

#22 Feb 7, 2014
God
Abba
Father
Son
Holy
Ghost
Spirit
Jesus
OT
New
Good
News
Testament
Covenant
Heaven
Hell/Haite`sp?
On
Earth
As IT
IS
IF and only IF

(Ps 46:10)

There will be no more tears ... in Heaven

Believe, Belief ?
Faith
Practice/Preach
Examples
Elite

We/you/I/Them and 'they'
Chooooooze where we decide to ooooooze
That's as simple as it gets.

Want some more
TearZpreacher

Jackson, MO

#23 Feb 7, 2014
The good guy?
'A' good guy
man
teacher
savior
NAME
IAM
..........> don't believe one part and ignore the rest.
WORD
TearZpreacher

Jackson, MO

#24 Feb 7, 2014
H20
&li st=PL824B308AC048678C

Would you like to come fishing with me? I"ve got extra reeels and it should/could/would be real fun. More than you could imagine.
Let it Reign

It truly is not as complicated as man chose to make it.
Non believer

Chicago, IL

#25 Feb 7, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
They occurred because people were not following him! God warned the people before the flood, but they chose to continue on with their evil ways and turn against God!
So your point is what???
God warned the people who you say were 'mass murdered' by God! God gave man free will and they didn't follow him......
There can be no "free will" if god already knows what will happen. With "free will" there can be no "omniscient" being. "Free will" can have no set outcome. For there to be "free will", god cannot possibly know what will happen in the time to come.

"God warned the people you say were mass murdered by god!"

Why did 22 innocent children at Sandy Hook elementary school need to be warned about anything? Are you saying that 22 children that didn't have the ability to know left from right yet needed to be punished by death for disobeying god? And what might that disobedience have consisted of? Putting the green play dough in the blue container? An omniscient being would know that those children were about to be murdered by a psychopath and stopped it. Bet he didn't. Why do you think that is?

Spirit67_
Level 5

Location hidden

#26 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
There can be no "free will" if god already knows what will happen. With "free will" there can be no "omniscient" being. "Free will" can have no set outcome. For there to be "free will", god cannot possibly know what will happen in the time to come.
Why did 22 innocent children at Sandy Hook elementary school need to be warned about anything? Are you saying that 22 children that didn't have the ability to know left from right yet needed to be punished by death for disobeying god? And what might that disobedience have consisted of? Putting the green play dough in the blue container? An omniscient being would know that those children were about to be murdered by a psychopath and stopped it. Bet he didn't. Why do you think that is?
It is our choice to either follow God or not! No one is made anyone back then follow him, so it was their choice to or not!

Those children were innocent and harm came upon them; God allows Satan to do harm to others, because Satan is empowered on earth only! Everyone of those Children are in Heaven with Jesus, playing and having a good time!
When I see tragedy happening to others, Children etc..... It could be different times/circumstances, that God wants people to Trust in him and will use tragedies to accomplish this!
Bad things happen to a lot of people and I don't have all the answers, as to why.....only that we live in a world full of hate, sin and Satan!
God will allow tragedies to happen to change people to trust in him and have faith, that he is in control and those Children are now safe!

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#27 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>

It's Obviouass' They didn't Forward those e-mails & Paid The Price,...

Spirit67_
Level 5

Location hidden

#28 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
God wanted those Children home with him, because that was his plan! If God stopped that shooting instead of Satan allowing that guy to commit a horrible act, the man would probably have never been caught or got the help that he needed!
Again, God allows bad things to happen, for his reasons, whether it's to strengthen one's trust and faith! As long as we live on this earth and Satan is still in power, there will be a lot more tragedies......one day soon, Jesus will come back and Satan will be no more!

Spirit67_
Level 5

Location hidden

#29 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Free will".... God gives a free gift to accept him as Lord and Savior! No one is made to do this, hence free will to all men!
Ami in Miami

Miami, FL

#30 Feb 7, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Free will".... God gives a free gift to accept him as Lord and Savior! No one is made to do this, hence free will to all men!
BS..god has nothing to do with 'free will'. My free will, my beliefs, my desires..how I chose to my life or not live my life..is just that..mine.
Non believer

Chicago, IL

#31 Feb 7, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
God wanted those Children home with him, because that was his plan! If God stopped that shooting instead of Satan allowing that guy to commit a horrible act, the man would probably have never been caught or got the help that he needed!
Again, God allows bad things to happen, for his reasons, whether it's to strengthen one's trust and faith! As long as we live on this earth and Satan is still in power, there will be a lot more tragedies......one day soon, Jesus will come back and Satan will be no more!
Thank you for acknowledging that "god" causes tragedies. After your refusal to accept that god created the universe, introduced evil into it, and then sits back and revels in the suffering that he caused, I wasn't sure we were ever going to get to this point.

If "god" had wanted to get that man help, he should have been able to do it in some other fashion. One where innocent people (children) didn't have to suffer. Remember, god not only is supposedly "omniscient", he's also supposed to be "omnipotent". So either he was incapable of stopping it, or he didn't want too. This notion that he wanted to bring them "home" doesn't fly either. An "omnipotent" being could just as easily made his own "angels". Another thing. If god wanted those children dead, and he sent that paycho to do it, then why is everyone upset that he did it? He was only doing gods bidding. In that case, shouldn't he be put up for sainthood? Why is he being vilified?

Nothing changes the fact that none of these things would have happened if the one that knows that it will happen never sets it in motion.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#33 Feb 7, 2014
WHY don't ya climb..Mount Zion..and ASK HIM..!!"

Spirit67_
Level 5

Location hidden

#34 Feb 8, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for acknowledging that "god" causes tragedies. After your refusal to accept that god created the universe, introduced evil into it, and then sits back and revels in the suffering that he caused, I wasn't sure we were ever going to get to this point.
If "god" had wanted to get that man help, he should have been able to do it in some other fashion. One where innocent people (children) didn't have to suffer. Remember, god not only is supposedly "omniscient", he's also supposed to be "omnipotent". So either he was incapable of stopping it, or he didn't want too. This notion that he wanted to bring them "home" doesn't fly either. An "omnipotent" being could just as easily made his own "angels". Another thing. If god wanted those children dead, and he sent that paycho to do it, then why is everyone upset that he did it? He was only doing gods bidding. In that case, shouldn't he be put up for sainthood? Why is he being vilified?
Nothing changes the fact that none of these things would have happened if the one that knows that it will happen never sets it in motion.
I am not agreeing with you! You are coming across like God is some mortal and he's not; there are reasons why things happen and only God knows why and what we read in the Bible!
You should find you a good Bible, preferably one that you can read and understand; like NIV and do your research; that way you will be 'seeking' God and that's what he wants you to do anyway!
Non believer

Chicago, IL

#35 Feb 8, 2014
I have read the bible. Many times. The problem with having a debate with religious people is, the majority of religious persons have no idea what the bible says. There always comes a time, when those that don't know what is in the bible, tell the person that they are debating with to "read a bible". I have. That's why I'm a non believer. The bible itself makes it's own case for religion being BS. Religion is illogical. For a god who is supposedly omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent, that also claims to "love" you, his actions contradict what is claimed in the bible.

I find it interesting that you skirt the issue that god, who supposedly knew all that would transpire for all eternity, not only followed thru with his plan to create the universe but created evil "before" doing so. You do remember "satan" don't you? He was created by god "before" the universe was created. That single action shows "forethought of malice". How else could Adam have sinned unless evil was present "before" creation. And being omniscient, god new that Adam would "sin", yet still created the universe and man. So he knew that by creating evil first, mankind would sin and he wanted a place to torture the sinners which he himself created. That would equate to a couple having children for the express purpose of abusing them. Nothing "good" about that would you say.

Spirit67_
Level 5

Location hidden

#36 Feb 8, 2014
Non believer wrote:
I have read the bible. Many times. The problem with having a debate with religious people is, the majority of religious persons have no idea what the bible says. There always comes a time, when those that don't know what is in the bible, tell the person that they are debating with to "read a bible". I have. That's why I'm a non believer. The bible itself makes it's own case for religion being BS. Religion is illogical. For a god who is supposedly omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent, that also claims to "love" you, his actions contradict what is claimed in the bible.
I find it interesting that you skirt the issue that god, who supposedly knew all that would transpire for all eternity, not only followed thru with his plan to create the universe but created evil "before" doing so. You do remember "satan" don't you? He was created by god "before" the universe was created. That single action shows "forethought of malice". How else could Adam have sinned unless evil was present "before" creation. And being omniscient, god new that Adam would "sin", yet still created the universe and man. So he knew that by creating evil first, mankind would sin and he wanted a place to torture the sinners which he himself created. That would equate to a couple having children for the express purpose of abusing them. Nothing "good" about that would you say.
It seems that all you talk about is 'Children', perhaps you have some deep issues or harm that you might have done to some! Maybe guilt that you are experiencing!
However, Religion is not a debate in my book; perhaps you should find someone to 'debate' and tear apart God's word and point blame!
From all that you must or seem to know from reading, you must believe in what the Bible says!
There was no evil on earth until Adam & Eve disobeyed and sinned!

Just because you seem a little off in your direction, doesn't mean that I am skirting anything!

Spirit67_
Level 5

Location hidden

#37 Feb 8, 2014
Non believer wrote:
Does this mean the 'debate' is over????
Non believer

Chicago, IL

#38 Feb 8, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean the 'debate' is over????
And what debate would that be? I put out valid talking points and you replied with the standard "Adam sinned", "god is mysterious", "read a bible" that those with no valid intellectual input fall upon. Then you top it off with the claim that I must have done something too children. That is the fall back position of an unintelligent person that is unable to add anything to a civil debate. So again I ask. What debate?

I give you the last word here. I have no intention of wasting time on a troll. You offer nothing towards any legitimate conversation.

Spirit67_
Level 5

Location hidden

#39 Feb 8, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
And what debate would that be? I put out valid talking points and you replied with the standard "Adam sinned", "god is mysterious", "read a bible" that those with no valid intellectual input fall upon. Then you top it off with the claim that I must have done something too children. That is the fall back position of an unintelligent person that is unable to add anything to a civil debate. So again I ask. What debate?
I give you the last word here. I have no intention of wasting time on a troll. You offer nothing towards any legitimate conversation.
Look here fat azz NIGHTSHIFT; not a soul said anything about God being 'mysterious'! It's apparent that you have had this discussion before with other poster's, so obviously you have a problem with the TRUTH of things, when other poster's told you the same!

You can believe what ever you like and continue to find a way to put a spin on Religion! Again, that's the 'free will' I spoke of yesterday.....
Get your facts straight about what came out of my mouth, before you start spewing your freak'n rumors!

Who the hell wants to debate with some Tea Party farmer boy, who has all the answers! At least my answers are of decent knowledge and not some rambling recovering addict!

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#40 Feb 8, 2014
for
Non believer wrote:
I have read the bible. Many times. The problem with having a debate with religious people is, the majority of religious persons have no idea what the bible says. There always comes a time, when those that don't know what is in the bible, tell the person that they are debating with to "read a bible". I have. That's why I'm a non believer. The bible itself makes it's own case for religion being BS. Religion is illogical. For a god who is supposedly omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent, that also claims to "love" you, his actions contradict what is claimed in the bible. I find it interesting that you skirt the issue that god, who supposedly knew all that would transpire for all eternity, not only followed thru with his plan to create the universe but created evil "before" doing so. You do remember "satan" don't you? He was created by god "before" the universe was created. That single action shows "forethought of malice". How else could Adam have sinned unless evil was present "before" creation. And being omniscient, god new that Adam would "sin", yet still created the universe and man. So he knew that by creating evil first, mankind would sin and he wanted a place to torture the sinners which he himself created. That would equate to a couple having children for the express purpose of abusing them. Nothing "good" about that would you say.
Well, lots of well thought and salient talking points! It's so refreshing to read something other than ranting by "God haters" or "doctors" (purporting to spout REALITY...) I can't help but keep coming full circle to the position that either it's true or it's not, if it is true you'd better be on board with Him and if not it doesn't matter! I keep thinking about people who are professed atheists, etc., who will one day die and then end up at a judgment and think "... oh crap, I got it wrong". And likewise, if the atheists are right [which BTW I don't personally think they are] then it doesn't matter what you think, or believe. Once the electrochemical responses in your brain cease, the "lightbulb will be turned off" and that's that. I personally wish I could believe that, it would be much more comforting to think that when it's over it's over not, when it's over there is more stuff to contend with. ALSO AND FURTHERMORE what do you think about the idea that heaven is not an eternal place, but a 'waiting room' until the Earth passes away, and God creates the new earth? That's what I think, although I am admittedly very far from being a biblical scholar, LOL! Hey, we're all in this together just muddling through best we can.
Non believer

Chicago, IL

#41 Feb 8, 2014
Anyone else notice how the "good christian" goes ballistic when exposed for what it is? Cursing, lying and baring false witness are the most common sins they resort too. Trying to debate with one is akin to teaching a chimp calculus. You'd probably have much better luck with the chimp. At least the chimp wouldn't sin by lying and making false claims of you being a child abuser. That's a trademark of a "christian".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min wichita-rick 227,320
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 2 min Judy 123 37,675
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 4 min Judy 123 34,047
News State Lawmakers Proposing 'Strange' Bills 7 min FEMAcoffins 1
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '15) 8 min Judy 123 716
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Judy 123 24,977
One Word (Jan '09) 11 min Judy 123 18,446
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 14 min Oatmeal__ish 16,596
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 15 min Oatmeal__ish 84,575
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 35 min Geno 35,341