Is God really the "good guy"?

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#1 Feb 7, 2014
We have only His word for it, that He's the good guy. Here on earth, after a war, the history books and therefore the accepted version of the truth, is written by whoever wins the war. There was an uprising in heaven, Satan and his followers lost the war, and were banished. Where they were banished to, we call 'hell'. And where the victors lives, we call that 'heaven'. And both the descriptions of those places and the recount of what happened when the rebels lost the war and were banished, well the winning side wrote that history book. I guess we, as mere mortals the butterflies with our wings pulled off witch He sits in His heaven and looks down upon, watching us squirm helplessly I guess we as mere mortals can only hope that what is written is true, that God is "a good guy" and that the concept of salvation is true. If not, we shall all be as screwed in the afterlife as we are here on earth!
Non believer

United States

#2 Feb 7, 2014
If god is supposedly "all powerful, all knowing, and all encompassing", why would he have created the universe in the first place? If he knows everything that ever was, everything that is and everything that will be for all eternity, then he knew how this was going to turn out even before creating it. Why? If there was "free will" involved, then god "cannot" be "all knowing". But if god is "all knowing", then he knew that millions upon millions of people would die in some of the most horrific ways.(The majority by his own hand). So, if all of this is due to creationism, then it was done only for the creators amusement. By knowing all that will happen for all eternity, this becomes nothing more than a theatrical production and we are the cast members merely acting out the parts assigned to us. By knowing all that will happen, the ones that will be tortured in hell have already been picked out. How could anyone see god as a "good guy" when he decided who would be sent to hell even before he created anything?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3 Feb 7, 2014
HELL YEAH!!

I KNOW...YOU Just DIDN'T GO there!!!
Trish --Justin Alias

Jackson, MO

#4 Feb 7, 2014
**This is a test,... I just know it**

((DANG))

tyr

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#5 Feb 7, 2014
PDX Dave wrote:
We have only His word for it, that He's the good guy. Here on earth, after a war, the history books and therefore the accepted version of the truth, is written by whoever wins the war. There was an uprising in heaven, Satan and his followers lost the war, and were banished. Where they were banished to, we call 'hell'. And where the victors lives, we call that 'heaven'. And both the descriptions of those places and the recount of what happened when the rebels lost the war and were banished, well the winning side wrote that history book. I guess we, as mere mortals the butterflies with our wings pulled off witch He sits in His heaven and looks down upon, watching us squirm helplessly I guess we as mere mortals can only hope that what is written is true, that God is "a good guy" and that the concept of salvation is true. If not, we shall all be as screwed in the afterlife as we are here on earth!
And here I thought Satan and his followers were banished to Earth as Democrats. LoL.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#6 Feb 7, 2014
Yes, he's a good guy!
Non believer

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
Yes, he's a good guy!
If "your" definition of good includes genocide, mass murder, torture, rape, child molestation, incest, canibalism and any other heinous act one can think of, then yes, you might just think of god as a good guy.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#8 Feb 7, 2014
Good & Evil are just the ends of the same stick,

Witch' end do you want me to hold as I hit you with the other end,

me and Nathen over in the Head games Forum have worked it out,

He finally got my point,...
Wizard

Leawood, KS

#9 Feb 7, 2014
I Am The Great And All Powerful OZ,...!

Level 5

Location hidden

#10 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
If "your" definition of good includes genocide, mass murder, torture, rape, child molestation, incest, canibalism and any other heinous act one can think of, then yes, you might just think of god as a good guy.
You are very wrong! God did not mass murder anyone...
TCWn

Jackson, MO

#11 Feb 7, 2014
**I just realized my name looks familiar with someone else's. Have to fix it. What do I want my name to convey? How creative are we/me, myself and I and the frog in my ... bathtub???!1o WTheck am I going to do with that?

"Dang cat, did you have to bring that in here today?**that chipmunk was a bear to get out here. Silly cats and their gifts to the mums and paws. How am I going to brake it of that? WadIgotta do? No no, bad kitty. OoooH,Hmmmm?

It's okay Sam, you're a good kitty.:d

**name looks like tclown. that will not do. too many clowns out here resemble that name and I don't want to resemble any one .. of them.

**what thread am i in again....??
TCWn

Jackson, MO

#12 Feb 7, 2014
Is anything black and white anymore? Gosh, I didn't think that would sound so . racist.

**gray/all colors, I'm not like that. We've all got somet....,,,,,,
Non believer

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very wrong! God did not mass murder anyone...
He absolutely did. As a supposedly "omniscient" being, he knew it was going to happen even before he created the universe. The only way that evil would be able to exist, is if it were introduced to the world. As an "omniscient" being, a "conscious" decision had to be made to create the universe and let those things that he knew would happen, happen. Therefor, by creating what he already knew would transpire, he in reality, caused it to happen. In other words, no creation, no mass murder. No genocide. No rape. No child molestation. No evil.

Level 5

Location hidden

#14 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
He absolutely did. As a supposedly "omniscient" being, he knew it was going to happen even before he created the universe. The only way that evil would be able to exist, is if it were introduced to the world. As an "omniscient" being, a "conscious" decision had to be made to create the universe and let those things that he knew would happen, happen. Therefor, by creating what he already knew would transpire, he in reality, caused it to happen. In other words, no creation, no mass murder. No genocide. No rape. No child molestation. No evil.
Yes, because of Adam & Eve and they are the one's who instilled evil into the world! He caused it to happen for a reason, because people were not following his ways and they decided to follow their own ways, which was Satan!
God flooded the earth to rid all the earth from evil doers and sinners! Noah was a man of God and God told him to build an ark because he was going to flood the earth.....Evil is still here because of Satan!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#15 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
These are attributes of man...not of God. Give credit where credit is due.

Level 5

Location hidden

#16 Feb 7, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
These are attributes of man...not of God. Give credit where credit is due.
That's exactly right and man is who caused so much sin and hate in the world originally!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#17 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
If god is supposedly "all powerful, all knowing, and all encompassing", why would he have created the universe in the first place? If he knows everything that ever was, everything that is and everything that will be for all eternity, then he knew how this was going to turn out even before creating it. Why? If there was "free will" involved, then god "cannot" be "all knowing". But if god is "all knowing", then he knew that millions upon millions of people would die in some of the most horrific ways.(The majority by his own hand). So, if all of this is due to creationism, then it was done only for the creators amusement. By knowing all that will happen for all eternity, this becomes nothing more than a theatrical production and we are the cast members merely acting out the parts assigned to us. By knowing all that will happen, the ones that will be tortured in hell have already been picked out. How could anyone see god as a "good guy" when he decided who would be sent to hell even before he created anything?
Free will vs predestination...this has been debated for ages.
Non believer

Chicago, IL

#18 Feb 7, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because of Adam & Eve and they are the one's who instilled evil into the world! He caused it to happen for a reason, because people were not following his ways and they decided to follow their own ways, which was Satan!
God flooded the earth to rid all the earth from evil doers and sinners! Noah was a man of God and God told him to build an ark because he was going to flood the earth.....Evil is still here because of Satan!
You are still missing the most important point here. By being "omniscient", god knew that those things were going to happen even before he created it. By moving forward with creation, he set into motion everything that has happened, everything that is happening and everything that will happen. By knowing that these atrocities would come to fruition, and remember that he is supposedly omniscient, and he still created the universe, then he "wanted" these atrocities to occur.

Level 5

Location hidden

#19 Feb 7, 2014
Non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still missing the most important point here. By being "omniscient", god knew that those things were going to happen even before he created it. By moving forward with creation, he set into motion everything that has happened, everything that is happening and everything that will happen. By knowing that these atrocities would come to fruition, and remember that he is supposedly omniscient, and he still created the universe, then he "wanted" these atrocities to occur.
They occurred because people were not following him! God warned the people before the flood, but they chose to continue on with their evil ways and turn against God!

So your point is what???

God warned the people who you say were 'mass murdered' by God! God gave man free will and they didn't follow him......
Ami in Miami

Miami, FL

#20 Feb 7, 2014
PDX Dave wrote:
" I guess we, as mere mortals the butterflies with our wings pulled off witch He sits in His heaven and looks down upon, watching us squirm helplessly I guess we as mere mortals can only hope that what is written is true, that God is "a good guy and that the concept of salvation is true."

There are no facts, only interpretations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 min _Zoey_ 28,628
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min CJ Rocker 161,873
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 5 min _Zoey_ 5,327
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 6 min _Zoey_ 31,682
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 7 min CJ Rocker 904
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 7 min _Zoey_ 4,335
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 8 min _Zoey_ 5,596
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 13 min -CatCiao- 8,278
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 17 min Think real hard 40,305
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 32 min Papa Smurfaletto 10,952