Neighbor Call Cops Over Frog Mating Calls

May 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Dallas

Police were called when a neighbor made a noise complaint. When they arrived they found that the loud disturbing noises were the sounds of frogs fornicating.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Wow, I mean I can go so far as to understand someone being bothered by the loud frogs (I mean if you're trying to sleep with your window open or something) but jeez, THEY CAN'T FIGURE OUT ITS FROGS?! We have a really small pond behind our house, and there are bullfrogs there in the rushes now THOSE can get noisy! I just love to listen to them at night.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Jenji wrote:
Wow, I mean I can go so far as to understand someone being bothered by the loud frogs (I mean if you're trying to sleep with your window open or something) but jeez, THEY CAN'T FIGURE OUT ITS FROGS?! We have a really small pond behind our house, and there are bullfrogs there in the rushes now THOSE can get noisy! I just love to listen to them at night.
Like rain on a tin roof,they can put me to sleep.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This happens as we get so detached from nature. Insects and frogs make noises, and we should get used to them to a point, but not take them for granted.

“Barbie Doll Queen”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wow I guess they must be city dwellers if they ain't heard frogs mating before? move to the country ok and then you know what a frog is

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1


"sounds" like some neighbors I had who complained because I had planted 'TO MANY" flowers lol lol
I was living in & remodeling the house &yd. for the owner to save money to buy a house.
The owner brought the complaint letter & about 50 new plants lol He took it to court on purpose with pics (after) I had planted a 30 ft. walkway with groundcover roses lol
That exp. made me paint my new house PINK & PURPLE & planted almost 1/2 acre with gardens,flowers, roses, colored bushes,trees. lol I also used over 20 colors to paint sheds, a playhouse & my doors & gates lol. Rick

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Like rain on a tin roof,they can put me to sleep.
Me too, Oki! It's like music to me!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, Oki! It's like music to me!
Beats the sh1t outta sirens,too loud music and traffic. Sometimes when we sit out on the porch around dark we listen. To the birds as they look for a roosting spot,katydids,the whip-or-wills and occasionally a lonesome sounding train whistle coming from the crossing in Cloverport several miles away.

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Beats the sh1t outta sirens,too loud music and traffic. Sometimes when we sit out on the porch around dark we listen. To the birds as they look for a roosting spot,katydids,the whip-or-wills and occasionally a lonesome sounding train whistle coming from the crossing in Cloverport several miles away.
I love the sound the tree frogs make after a storm. Where we live now, we can hear some traffic noise, but it's far enough out that it doesn't get too bad. We'd both love to be further out in the country! Love the sounds of nature!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the sound the tree frogs make after a storm. Where we live now, we can hear some traffic noise, but it's far enough out that it doesn't get too bad. We'd both love to be further out in the country! Love the sounds of nature!
We get coyotes howling LATE here that drives Cooper nuts. For a little while in the early spring we hear turkeys gobbling down in the holler behind the house.

“...meet me at the liberry....”

Since: Jun 08

...then we'll go to lunch.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 15, 2013
 

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

when I first seen this , Skipper's ponderosa came to mine

Oki never been in a Quonset hut during a Monsoon...

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Sam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pVcbasIb8lQ
Now that's my favorite frog song! LOL!

“...meet me at the liberry....”

Since: Jun 08

...then we'll go to lunch.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 15, 2013
 
tallyho wrote:
when I first seen this , Skipper's ponderosa came to mine
Oki never been in a Quonset hut during a Monsoon...
...lol at that heading and avatar.....!

=]

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

tallyho wrote:
when I first seen this , Skipper's ponderosa came to mine
Oki never been in a Quonset hut during a Monsoon...
First tour in '73...4 days.... The 5 tons came around daily to drop off Cs and water. Longest 4 days in my life. Played spades till myn eyes hurt,read the same books over and over. Second tour in '80 I'd learned a few things. When the warnings went out me and a couple other NCOs on their second tour went off base and holed up in a bar off Gate 2 street. Stayed there 3 days until the all clear. Ran up a $200.00 bar bill and had the time of my life.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 15, 2013
 
tallyho wrote:
when I first seen this , Skipper's ponderosa came to mine
Oki never been in a Quonset hut during a Monsoon...
I occasionally eat at a BBQ place that was made from Quonset hut parts.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
...lol at that heading and avatar.....!
=]
sam , howdy partner

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

okimar wrote:
<quoted text> First tour in '73...4 days.... The 5 tons came around daily to drop off Cs and water. Longest 4 days in my life. Played spades till myn eyes hurt,read the same books over and over. Second tour in '80 I'd learned a few things. When the warnings went out me and a couple other NCOs on their second tour went off base and holed up in a bar off Gate 2 street. Stayed there 3 days until the all clear. Ran up a $200.00 bar bill and had the time of my life.
rog that , still had some QH at PI .... amazing how the dropping of water can get louder louder and .. tell Bam a hey

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I occasionally eat at a BBQ place that was made from Quonset hut parts.
interesting , that diff. rain bouncing off tin that pings can be madding

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

My Dad called them horny toads. I guess he was right.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting , that diff. rain bouncing off tin that pings can be madding
I grew up in a mobile home, so I have an idea of the sound.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

207 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 16 min Harrison Freebird 17,178
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 17 min stacked and proud 11,631
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 21 min COOTERDOG 14,124
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min The Dude 112,066
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min SLACK 34,818
Police: 1 Dead, 1 Hurt In North Minneapolis Sta... 27 min Rhydum Redeemer 20
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 29 min Mechanic 25,446
What's your tip for the day? 33 min Mechanic 66
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min CJ Rocker 140,651
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••