safe online?

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Roeselare, Belgium

#1 Dec 22, 2013
With the recent NSA-scandal in mind, i was wondering how many people still feel safe online. All of us expose pictures of our family, our adress or occupation, we pay online with our credit cards, we expose our taste in food, clothes,...
Anyone here now thinks twice before he/she surfs?

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Kailua Kona, HI

#2 Dec 23, 2013
Not only do I think twice before I surf, I also think three time before I give any of my bank account / cc information online.
In the last years I have just been purchasing online via my paysafecard - a prepaid card that is accepted on most major platforms (amazon, itunes, steam, etc)

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#3 Dec 23, 2013
Internet privacy is an oxymoron.

But hiding behind your nickname or "anonymous" poster, you get the illusion of security.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#4 Dec 24, 2013
It all seems like a prediction from a Phillip K. Dick novel. Only difference is the people in his books where angry about the intrusions and usually tried to bypass all the intrusions on privacy. In real world future's he was witting about the people for the most part blindly accept and embrace it. We're doing it to ourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 1 min That a boy 20,651
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min 8541 MARINE 66,973
2words into 2new words (May '12) 6 min Aussie Kev 6,732
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min It aint necessari... 216,602
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 7 min Aussie Kev 15,257
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 37,055
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 9 min Aussie Kev 5,760
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 17 min Aussie Kev 1,549
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 40 min Sublime1 104
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Paris France 206,724
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 4 hr Poppyann 10,554
More from around the web