Restaurant Gives Discount to Gun-Toti...

Restaurant Gives Discount to Gun-Toting Customers

There are 58 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Restaurant Gives Discount to Gun-Toting Customers. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

The Cajun Experience in Leesburg, V.A. gives a 10 percent discount to patrons who pack heat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#45 Apr 6, 2013
Bubbletoes wrote:
This is a fantastic idea, and one that should spawn other businesses to do the same. More guns in the right hands deters crime. Gun-free zones are killing grounds.
The same hypocrites who think this is a bad idea probably make their homes less attractive to burglars; this is no-different. Bandits will avoid this place like a plague and go where they know the gun haters are dining. These gun toters are exercising a right. If you don't like guns, don't carry one. Just go elsewhere and MYOB.
Right! And if you don't like abortions, DON'T GET ONE! If you don't like gay marriage- DON'T GAY MARRY ANY ONE!! Life is very simple really. We need more citizens like you with open minds about guns, abortions and gays!

Location hidden

#47 Apr 6, 2013
Golly- who was that?

I guess I'll have worms for breakfast....

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#48 Apr 6, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Right! And if you don't like abortions, DON'T GET ONE! If you don't like gay marriage- DON'T GAY MARRY ANY ONE!! Life is very simple really. We need more citizens like you with open minds about guns, abortions and gays!
Actually, if you were not so blatantly sarcastic, you'd be absolutely right. None of us have a right to force our morality on anybody-else. However, keeping and bearing arms is not a question of morality, it is a sacred RIGHT we-all are born with and many died to protect; and thank God our forefathers recognized the importance of spelling it out in our constitution. When they wrote it, they never thought it needed to be explained any further than it was written; they never saw the possibility of such uptight, effeminate and weak-willed men in the future. They have been rolling over in their graves for many years, especially since the Clinton administration and now with this sac o'sh1t communist running this country into the ground.

Location hidden

#49 Apr 6, 2013
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you were not so blatantly sarcastic, you'd be absolutely right. None of us have a right to force our morality on anybody-else. However, keeping and bearing arms is not a question of morality, it is a sacred RIGHT we-all are born with and many died to protect; and thank God our forefathers recognized the importance of spelling it out in our constitution. When they wrote it, they never thought it needed to be explained any further than it was written; they never saw the possibility of such uptight, effeminate and weak-willed men in the future. They have been rolling over in their graves for many years, especially since the Clinton administration and now with this sac o'sh1t communist running this country into the ground.
LOL, lady! I've got a 1st amendment right to sarcasm, a weapon I wield quite effectively. oh yeah- the founders used letters in the 2a and therefore, spelled it out but, I doubt they didn't mean for it to be so vague and widely and wildly interpreted.

A "communist" eh? You Political Science majors are harsh!
LOLing at U

United States

#51 Apr 6, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, lady! I've got a 1st amendment right to sarcasm, a weapon I wield quite effectively. oh yeah- the founders used letters in the 2a and therefore, spelled it out but, I doubt they didn't mean for it to be so vague and widely and wildly interpreted.
A "communist" eh? You Political Science majors are harsh!
What's your degree in, Linda, bar tending? ROTFLMAO @ U!!!!
Match Dot Com

United States

#53 Apr 6, 2013
Rawhide wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy are you out there lol. Waaaay out there. We've had military installations and police headquarters hit by gun violence recently. Why is it you Rambos are so desperate for a completely armed society? Too much Bonanza as a kid? What next? Trade in cars for horses to conserve on oil?
Your boyfriend's ass has been sore lately. Have you been hitting him from behind again without the lube? Shame on you Geno!!!
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#55 Apr 6, 2013
Bubbletoes wrote:
This is a fantastic idea, and one that should spawn other businesses to do the same. More guns in the right hands deters crime. Gun-free zones are killing grounds.
The same hypocrites who think this is a bad idea probably make their homes less attractive to burglars; this is no-different. Bandits will avoid this place like a plague and go where they know the gun haters are dining. These gun toters are exercising a right. If you don't like guns, don't carry one. Just go elsewhere and MYOB.
Speaking statistically, which the Birther-Creationist-TransVagin alProbe Party cannot do, homes with guns are less safe than those without.

This is due to all the gun accidents, domestic disputes in which guns get involved, suicides by gun.

The self defense scenarios are anecdotal only, and very rare. But that is "statistics" again. Gun nuts don't do data.

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Location hidden

#56 Apr 7, 2013
[QUOTE The self defense scenarios are anecdotal only, and very rare. But that is "statistics" again. Gun nuts don't do data.[/QUOTE]

For someone who claims to speak with authority, you fall way-short on any research. The following are just two easy to find sources that report on self defence use of firearms. The mainstream Media do not normally report on self defence firearm stories lest it stir up the masses to take up arms. And did you know that merely showing a firearm stops many criminal incidents? They are largely unreported too. Disarming free men b/c a few misuse a firearm would be like stopping all private use of automobiles b/c thousands are killed each year by THEIR misuse.

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/search/label/De...

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/default.asp
Tea Bag Residue

Philadelphia, PA

#57 Apr 7, 2013
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who claims to speak with authority, you fall way-short on any research.
You can't grasp statistics. In a country of 300 million there are not many proven instances of guns being used for self defense, particularly on the street. It is a myth.

What is real is that homes with guns are less safe than those without in the aggregate, due to the accidents, gun suicides, guns being used in domestic disputes. These numbers are far more significant relative to the number of people in the US.

That is what "less safe with" means, for the Birther-Creationist-SecondAmen dmentRemedy Party fools.
Drop Dead

United States

#58 Apr 7, 2013
Tea Bag Residue wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't grasp statistics. In a country of 300 million there are not many proven instances of guns being used for self defense, particularly on the street. It is a myth.
What is real is that homes with guns are less safe than those without in the aggregate, due to the accidents, gun suicides, guns being used in domestic disputes. These numbers are far more significant relative to the number of people in the US.
That is what "less safe with" means, for the Birther-Creationist-SecondAmen dmentRemedy Party fools.
You commiefascistfaggot. Go teabag your father....
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#59 Apr 7, 2013
Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>You commiefascistfaggot. Go teabag your father....
Look, the Birther-Creationist Party types can't even get their name calling to make sense. The 'ol communist-fascist trope again. How anti rational.

Oh well, a gun accident a day keep the Tea Baggers away.

Right tally, you alcoholic trash?
Your Mistake

United States

#60 Apr 7, 2013
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, the Birther-Creationist Party types can't even get their name calling to make sense. The 'ol communist-fascist trope again. How anti rational.
Oh well, a gun accident a day keep the Tea Baggers away.
Right tally, you alcoholic trash?
I'm not tally, you demented commiefag. You'd better quit blowing all of the bums at the bus stop. That HIV is rotting your brain away.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#61 Apr 7, 2013
Your Mistake wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not tally....
I'll be the judge of that.

You "forgot" again that communists and fascists are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, meaning one cannot be both simultaneously.

Don't confuse that impossibility with your ability to simultaneous revile homosexuality and (not so) secretly lust for it.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#62 Apr 8, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>
Drano
Battery acid
Public swimming pool water
Brasso
Diesel fuel
Your coffee
If you ever served on an Essex-class carrier, you'd know what diesel fuel tasted like in coffee.
Anonymous

Payson, AZ

#64 Apr 11, 2013
As local negro and hispanic populations grow, prudent
folks are arming. It's just that simple.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#65 Apr 11, 2013
I particularly think a restore is not the best place or the right place for weapons relasionarlo

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#66 Apr 17, 2013
's ridiculous anyone can say I want my discount gunman

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67 Apr 17, 2013
Actually a discount or other encouragement is good, solid business practice. Many years ago in Philly, Geno's hamburger shops gave local cops free food as a way to encourage them to hang out. Well, the district cops did enjoy the free food, but the surrounding district cops (where there were no Geno's) were big pigs and would leave their district and come to Geno's for free food. So, they were being pigs AND leaving their citizens unprotected.
After a while, Geno's managers realized what the cop presence was costing them. They were getting beaten out of A LOT of food and it just wasn't worth it. So, they started hiring rent-a-cops (guards) and told the cops there would be no more free food.
Giving away food was not good. BUT, offering an incentive will not-only enhance security, BUT it will bring in MORE freedom loving customers, both armed or not, and no bad guys will know who is armed and who isn't. The handful of sheep who choose to go elsewhere won't even be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 5 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 1,929
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 54,136
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min Chimney1 186,937
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min wichita-rick 181,294
News Leopard Wanders Into School, Mauls 6 32 min Spotted Girl 4
News One Weird Way Cellphones Could Destroy Your Sex... 43 min Spotted Girl 10
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 43 min Mega Monster 3,301
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 15,529
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 hr andet1987 30,683
More from around the web