Man Beheading His Sister Caught on Video

Man Beheading His Sister Caught on Video

There are 52 comments on the www.weirdasianews.com story from Jan 9, 2013, titled Man Beheading His Sister Caught on Video. In it, www.weirdasianews.com reports that:

A man from Kolkata, India, in an apparent honor killing dragged his sister out into the open and beheaded her in one bloody blow, according to reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.weirdasianews.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 9, 2013
I guess this guy's family will now receive all the honor he wanted for it.

I have tried to teach my sons that the world is a relatively safe place. If I had a daughter, I don't think I could do that.
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Based on the story, not certain whether this was an isolated act or one common to the culture.
Were it the former, the guy deserves the maximum punishment allowed by law,
If it's the latter, it is a stain of epic proportions on an entire culture.
Either way, the action angers me beyond reasonable thought.
This woman is now gone forever, regardless of what happens to her murderer.
The terror she must have felt in her last moments must have been beyond comprehension.
I am appalled for her and others who may be equally slaughtered.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jan 9, 2013
Whatever culture or custom exacts violence on another for the purpose of upholding honor, is arrogant and selfish beyond belief. Murder is the ultimate shame no matter where it happens. Obviously the man took this infraction very seriously, risking his own life to many years in prison or being executed for his crime. Cruel barbaric practices belong to the ages. So what has this man really gained? He is now a murderer with one less sister and a bleak future.

“My posts are MUCH better”

Level 3

Since: Jul 12

than your posts!

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Backward, inbred religious zealots.

If this would have happened in America it'd be world wide explosive news and the idiot in the white house would be contemplating a dictatorial order..I mean, an executive order to outlaw knives.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Korny Kat wrote:
Backward, inbred religious zealots.
If this would have happened in America it'd be world wide explosive news and the idiot in the white house would be contemplating a dictatorial order..I mean, an executive order to outlaw knives.
You need to play catch up.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-574093...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/20...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/29/alleged-...

“My posts are MUCH better”

Level 3

Since: Jul 12

than your posts!

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Those headlines will be off those sites in 24 hours give or take. If this had happened in America, liberal idiots on this forum would still be using this story to denounce America a year from now because of our "idiot inbred religious zealots".

This very thread will be forgotten in a week.

I am not wrong on this.
Bama Yankee wrote:

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

#7 Jan 9, 2013
How cruel he is

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#8 Jan 10, 2013
And his family was proud of him.

In a country that treat their cattle better than women, I can only hope that she is in a better place. RIP Nilofar.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#9 Jan 10, 2013
They obviously better sword control laws in India.
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Korny Kat wrote:
Those headlines will be off those sites in 24 hours give or take. If this had happened in America, liberal idiots on this forum would still be using this story to denounce America a year from now because of our "idiot inbred religious zealots".
This very thread will be forgotten in a week.
I am not wrong on this.
<quoted text>
I hope you are.(although those are long odds I admit)
And using this tragedy as a ridiculous segue to spout your vitriolic dogma, is also appalling.
Where's your fkng empathy.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Korny Kat wrote:
Backward, inbred religious zealots.
If this would have happened in America it'd be world wide explosive news and the idiot in the white house would be contemplating a dictatorial order..I mean, an executive order to outlaw knives.
Climb off the soapbox and get an education. "Honor killings" are nothing new in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing_in...
DILF

Medford, NY

#12 Jan 10, 2013
What kind of religion, society, person finds honor in killing someone?......especially a family member.
The fact of the matter is that we in America live in a so-called "advanced society", we are educated and atuned to everything in this world. This is not so for MANY other countries, places, societies. There are people that only know or live by one thing, religion. They are not educated as we are. They know nothing outside of their "world"......and we judge them based on our standards. We are so fortunate for everything we have, and most don't know it sadly. Imagine being born into that mans family? Imagine what a sad life that must be?

Man oh man, I'm gonna hug my kids when I get home tonight.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 10, 2013
In their culture if a woman has sex with a man who isn't her husband, she can be killed. EVEN IF SHE IS RAPED. But, in this case, she ran away from her husband and returned to a former lover. So, in their culture the brother was justified. She did dishonor her family.

“Maytime”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#14 Jan 10, 2013
DILF wrote:
What kind of religion, society, person finds honor in killing someone?......especially a family member.
The fact of the matter is that we in America live in a so-called "advanced society", we are educated and atuned to everything in this world. This is not so for MANY other countries, places, societies. There are people that only know or live by one thing, religion. They are not educated as we are. They know nothing outside of their "world"......and we judge them based on our standards. We are so fortunate for everything we have, and most don't know it sadly. Imagine being born into that mans family? Imagine what a sad life that must be?
Man oh man, I'm gonna hug my kids when I get home tonight.
A 'lot'of what you say is true DILF,
but not all..

Firstly, in total agreement with what you
said about this kind of act .. a result of
brain washing of the worst kind..and .. in my opinion..
about as removed from RELIGION as Earth is from Mars.

As for AMERICANS being attuned to EVERYTHING
in the world - not so..
no more than my or any country is.

I recently watched in amazement an AMERICAN TV programme

> "TODDLERS & TIARAS"

where very young children are seriously exploited,
paraded as sex objects and miniature beauty queens,
little children frustrated and crying and parents
seeking reflected glory through these children..
pushing them on..

I witnessed one small child who could not keep her eyes
open for want of the sleep requirment natural
to 'her' age; the 'proud'(?) Dad feeding
her something they call BB Juice to keep her alert
until her name was called.

The whole thing was disturbing, to say the least,
and I seriously doubt if suchlike would be tolerated here...
where I live.
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Jan 10, 2013
You can do nothing about maddness in a man . no matter what nation, social class, color, etc... you can also do nothing about extreme religious belief, which brings a lot of this to pass..
beware of the voices in your head..

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#16 Jan 10, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
In their culture if a woman has sex with a man who isn't her husband, she can be killed. EVEN IF SHE IS RAPED. But, in this case, she ran away from her husband and returned to a former lover. So, in their culture the brother was justified. She did dishonor her family.
In a country where a woman cannot choose her husband, it could be a possibility that she was not in love with him. She followed her heart. She dishonored no one, she made a rational choice. Regardless of religion or belief, culture or rituals, no on deserves to die for this.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#17 Jan 10, 2013
reebie wrote:
You can do nothing about maddness in a man . no matter what nation, social class, color, etc... you can also do nothing about extreme religious belief, which brings a lot of this to pass..
beware of the voices in your head..
Confusion says.."I felt sorry for a woman who had no dupatta until I met a woman that had no head...!!"

“My friends call me Dixie, but”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

You can call me Mr. Normous

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Was he a member of the religion of peace?

“My posts are MUCH better”

Level 3

Since: Jul 12

than your posts!

#19 Jan 10, 2013
DonkeyEstonkey wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are.(although those are long odds I admit)
And using this tragedy as a ridiculous segue to spout your vitriolic dogma, is also appalling.
Where's your fkng empathy.
Same place your intelligence is evidently!
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#20 Jan 10, 2013
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Confusion says.."I felt sorry for a woman who had no dupatta until I met a woman that had no head...!!"
lol, dupatta gotta stay tied tighter!
hindsite..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 6 min andet1987 32,351
Poll anyone else laughing about 7 min Jane Dahlinger 3
News The bizarre inspiration behind Nike's first pai... 7 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 2
Last two letters into two new words... 10 min andet1987 131
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 12 min andet1987 4,796
Add a Word, Drop a Panty game 17 min andet1987 537
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min CJ Rocker 165,564
Rebel vs American Flag 20 min Bedford Gump 34
" Tell me a secret"...... (Oct '14) 23 min Bat5hitcrazy 360
TRUMP, Donald 1 hr Thanks for that Bex 42
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 41,482
More from around the web