Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

SAN FRANCISCO (CNN)— Within 45 minutes of setting up outside a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco, California, a 13-year-old Girl Scout had to call for “back-up cookies ”— and she had so much success selling Thin Mints and Tagalongs on Monday that she’ll be back again this weekend.

Holli Bert, community liaison for The Green Cross dispensary, told HLN Friday that the teen’s mom, Carol Lei, contacted the business with the idea.

“We love to be able to support the community, and we love the Girl Scouts, so we thought why not?” Bert said.

HLN reached out to Lei several times but has yet to hear back. Many online commenters seem to be big fans of the cookie location.

“Best idea ever,” said one commenter on The Green Cross Facebook page.“What pothead wouldn’t love to get munchies after buying his trees?”

Another posted:“See a need, fill the need… rule of capitalism.”

Lei, who spoke with CNN content partner Mashable, said she and her daughter sold 117 boxes in two hours outside the clinic on Monday, which was President’s Day. That’s 37 boxes more than they were able to sell the following day during a two-hour period outside of a grocery store, according to Lei.
----------

Brilliant move. The munchies are inevitable. Timing is everything.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

As long as they don't start that whole puppies in a box thingy...
Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Sounds like she is a good salesperson. She knew the right place to set up.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Upgrade to pizza cart or merge and mix your GS cookies with the pothead dispensary.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

justaguess wrote:
As long as they don't start that whole puppies in a box thingy...
...thin mints and tagalongs are tastier than puppies...just sayin...

“... i'm not waitin anymore ...”

Since: Aug 08

... i'm gonna find SUMMER ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Enzo49 wrote:
<quoted text>
...thin mints and tagalongs are tastier than puppies...just sayin...
... hey im countin on you to beat joey chestnut this 4th of july at Nathens ... beter start poundin them dawgs down ... im sendin ya a trainer ... my ex ...
What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

They haven't even come by my place. Them pot heads must have bought them out and now they are sitting on their azzes posting on topix. Some have all the luck!

Holysmokes, see that OFFBEAT article up there about Meth just not that bad for us .. while she picks them nasty boils off her face. Don't let the little girls go to her house.
Dr Logic

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Smart and opportunistic.
Of course they are going to sell MORE at the pot clinic than at the grocery store.....think about it.
After leaving a grocery store the LAST thing you need to do is buy more food (at an inflated cost)......but when leaving a pot clinic it would be the FIRST thing you need (i.e. food).

She could be selling saltine crackers and she would sell-out just the same.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

A smart cookie; or, that's the way the cookie crumbles!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••