Flatrock Plant Rolls Out Millionth Mustang

Apr 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSRZ

The Ford Flat Rock plant rolled out its one-millionth Mustang. Steve Ling with Ford says the plant took over Mustang production in 2004.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Apr 26, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ginger

Reading, PA

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Alright

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#2 Apr 19, 2013
Wow, even assuming the plant operates 24x7, that's over 5000 mustangs produced per day! Datsallotacar!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3 Apr 19, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
Wow, even assuming the plant operates 24x7, that's over 5000 mustangs produced per day! Datsallotacar!
Lol, actually no...

They took over Mustang production in 2004 - that's 9 years of production.

9 X 365 = 3,285 days (which they don't actually run - more like 6 days per week)

1,000,000/3,285 = 305 per day

(I used to work at an engine plant - 5,000 engines a day never happened (600 tops maybe on a good day)

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Apr 19, 2013
Nothing say I Love You like a shiny red mustang!

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 19, 2013
"says"

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#6 Apr 19, 2013

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#7 Apr 19, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2ZA_b4JVas4XX
Here's a man's Mustang - 2,000 hp

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#8 Apr 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, actually no...
They took over Mustang production in 2004 - that's 9 years of production.
9 X 365 = 3,285 days (which they don't actually run - more like 6 days per week)
1,000,000/3,285 = 305 per day
(I used to work at an engine plant - 5,000 engines a day never happened (600 tops maybe on a good day)
Oh yeah. Must be my chinese calculator.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9 Apr 19, 2013
My dad bought me one just like this but without the back spoiler for my 16th. birthday.
I've been a mustang lover ever since!

http://www.google.com/imgres...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#10 Apr 22, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
My dad bought me one just like this but without the back spoiler for my 16th. birthday.
I've been a mustang lover ever since!
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Funny, never had one. Always had Dodge's and Chevy's, A Pontiac or 2, a Plymouth, and assorted motorcycles. The only Ford I ever had was a 71 Maverick, which almost killed me. But always loved the lines of a Mustang, especially the fastbacks.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11 Apr 25, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, never had one. Always had Dodge's and Chevy's, A Pontiac or 2, a Plymouth, and assorted motorcycles. The only Ford I ever had was a 71 Maverick, which almost killed me. But always loved the lines of a Mustang, especially the fastbacks.
A lot of my friends had Mavericks and Pinto's back in the 70's. My dad bought me the Mustang and my sister a Camero!
The Paisan

Medford, NY

#12 Apr 25, 2013
Always liked the Mustang......never had one though.

I never liked the Camaro though, all the Dutchbacks drove them in High School...lol

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#13 Apr 25, 2013
The Paisan wrote:
Always liked the Mustang......never had one though.
I never liked the Camaro though, all the Dutchbacks drove them in High School...lol
I had a 2002 convertible Mustang that wasn't even half the fun of my old one. I miss it!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#14 Apr 26, 2013
The Paisan wrote:
Always liked the Mustang......never had one though.
I never liked the Camaro though, all the Dutchbacks drove them in High School...lol
Ahem...I think it's "duckback," not Dutchback.
The Paisan

Medford, NY

#15 Apr 26, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahem...I think it's "duckback," not Dutchback.
lol..hmmmm....

We may be on different wavelengths here.
"Dutchbacks" is a nicer way of saying "de***hebags" where I come from...... Is duckback along the same lines?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#16 Apr 26, 2013
The Paisan wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..hmmmm....
We may be on different wavelengths here.
"Dutchbacks" is a nicer way of saying "de***hebags" where I come from...... Is duckback along the same lines?
Duck back or duck a$$.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_y...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#18 Apr 26, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of my friends had Mavericks and Pinto's back in the 70's. My dad bought me the Mustang and my sister a Camero!
Oh yeah, forgot about the Pinto - I did have a second Ford! But it was a Bobcat, which was just a Pinto with Chrome.

Funny thing - In Brazil, pinto means Dick. And not in a 'Richard' way, if you know what I mean.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#19 Apr 26, 2013
The first Mustang was made in 1967. They didn't start in 2004.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#20 Apr 26, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
The first Mustang was made in 1967. They didn't start in 2004.
No one said they started in 2004 and the first Mustang was in "65"!

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#21 Apr 26, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, forgot about the Pinto - I did have a second Ford! But it was a Bobcat, which was just a Pinto with Chrome.
Funny thing - In Brazil, pinto means Dick. And not in a 'Richard' way, if you know what I mean.
I vaguely remember the Bobcat. The funniest car I ever saw was the AMC Pacer! Looked like it belonged on the moon!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min deutscher Nationa... 115,232
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 19 min Claire 35,972
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 20 min Hoosier Hillbilly 17,322
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,154
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 22 min curiouslu 54,405
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 23 min curiouslu 3,450
Fergson Police Dept. 34 min Hoosier Hillbilly 367
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr the wandering girl 145,231
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Just TLC 28,501
What's your tip for the day? 3 hr SLY WEST 807
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr -Lea- 18,602
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••