What do you think about this Joe Boxer Commercial?

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2013

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Judged:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Does it make you laugh or piss you off?

I thought it was funny!
60s chic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Judged:

Lol, that cracked me up. I didn't see any testicles either. I don't see anything really bad about it. I mean if I was a young mother with school age children, I still don't think I would make much of a deal out of it. Kids don't know what's behind those boxers now do they? Not unless we give them a reason to wonder and you only do that by raising a child' curiosity by drawing negative attention to it. Yes, some things need attention to preventing perversions and illicit conduct, but this is a freaking harmless commercial in my opinion. The question will undoubtedly be: Could it lead to even more risque ads in the near future. Possibly, but that too will be up for scrutiny and will be dealt with accordingly. For now, enjoy the jingle. I did!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Judged:

Just wondering if they switched out the men with women doing the same commercial, if it would still be socially exceptable...? lol!

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

LA Lady..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Judged:

I think its brilliant.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
Just wondering if they switched out the men with women doing the same commercial, if it would still be socially exceptable...? lol!
Do you think if they switched out women for men in tampon or do*uche commercials it would be socially acceptable? Do you get offended when you see Victoria Secret commercials?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Judged:

DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think if they switched out women for men in tampon or do*uche commercials it would be socially acceptable? Do you get offended when you see Victoria Secret commercials?
dont matter I still wouldnt watch em'...lol

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

well as an adult yeah I think its funny. but then I think about what goes thru a kids mind when they see the commercial. will a 6 yr old question it? maybe, maybe not - a 12, 14 yr old. yeah I think so.
im no prude by any means, but I think its pushing the limit a little bit. of course that's nothing new really, the times have definitely changed, times when certain things were not allowed on tv or at least only shown at a certain hour. and I remember when my daughter was young and the song from Madonna came on "like a virgin" and her asking what that was. as a young parent, lets just say I felt a little uncomfortable with the question, lol
I don't have little ones anymore, but I do have grandkids, I think i'll just say - ask ur mom.
lol
:]

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Lil function thinks it's so funny and tries to mimic it! He loves the 'ship my pants' commercial!

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

I think it is too cute and funny. It will go over lil girl heads. Lil boys bout 10 or so might catch it. Little kids are just gonna laugh seeing guys in their underwater dancing.
A thought

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Oh God, I would love to jingle their bells!

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Not me!

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
well as an adult yeah I think its funny. but then I think about what goes thru a kids mind when they see the commercial. will a 6 yr old question it? maybe, maybe not - a 12, 14 yr old. yeah I think so.
im no prude by any means, but I think its pushing the limit a little bit. of course that's nothing new really, the times have definitely changed, times when certain things were not allowed on tv or at least only shown at a certain hour. and I remember when my daughter was young and the song from Madonna came on "like a virgin" and her asking what that was. as a young parent, lets just say I felt a little uncomfortable with the question, lol
I don't have little ones anymore, but I do have grandkids, I think i'll just say - ask ur mom.
lol
:]
I remember a lot of things that weren't allowed on TV in the 70's when I was growing up. Vulgar language is at the top of that list. Now it seems every program on TV has sex or foul language. Yes, times have changed.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

I freakin' LOVE it!! Can't tell you what the guys faces looked liked, but I can name those boxers ;)....whew!

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

I think it's an awesome commercial. I said it yesterday on another thread and I still feel if women can prance around in their underwear in ads I don't see why men can't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

132 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 7 min Grace Nerissa 28,811
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min The Dude 113,277
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Trouser Cough 39,966
A six word game (Dec '08) 13 min Trouser Cough 17,301
Is President Obama impudent or lonesome? 16 min Grace Nerissa 5
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 20 min Grace Nerissa 23,806
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 24 min White Fire 2,036
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 35 min Grace Nerissa 35,114
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr martyhec 15,823