http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_MGA

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#7555 Aug 26, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you like those European models.
Was your MG a 'B' or midget?(Did they make 'A's' in '59, I always thought they looked good, a little like a Jaguar E Type- big front end.) I had three friends with midgets and one with a 'B', they were fun cars. Those midgets had such a short narrow wheelbase, they could go down logging roads!
I thought the MG-A's looked pretty cool, too. Years ago, a friend let me drive his Midget -- ah, such a twitchy little thing! A couple of streets were less than "glass-smooth" and over-correction to the bumps was an easy thing to do.

informs against BS

#7556 Aug 26, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Something all of us parents go through..
Question is: Did we do that to our parents...yeah think long and hard before you answer..:P
Why yes, yes 'we' did ... each in our own way(s) I'm sure!
Good weekend, I hope !? Gots tea (no lemon)?
And ... why you always sticking your tongue out at us?:P

“here for fun”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#7557 Aug 26, 2013
Hey OC can i get a coors light, figured Thumper would have one waiting on me but she isn't here did you run her off for dad behavior

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#7558 Aug 26, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do they pick those guys?
The most positive possibility I can come up with is that they want to help people.
A coffee cheers back.
I don't have any idea why girls pick those bozo's!!! But I guess they need to go through the bozo's to find the princes!!!

Cheers!

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#7559 Aug 26, 2013
axxx wrote:
Hey OC can i get a coors light, figured Thumper would have one waiting on me but she isn't here did you run her off for dad behavior
It's been a long day!!! I'm sorry I was late axxx!

Spent my evening cooking and canning home made tomato soup!

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#7560 Aug 26, 2013
Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any idea why girls pick those bozo's!!! But I guess they need to go through the bozo's to find the princes!!!
Cheers!
Cheers Thumper!
I love tomato soup. Anything tomato. Eat some everyday, I think that's why I look younger than I am. In fact, I think I'll get off my, uh, chair, and go over there and get one of those oversize deep red cherry tomatoes over there.
Never had home made though, can you bring some tomorrow?

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#7561 Aug 26, 2013
Hi axxx.
Sometimes you have to serve yourself lately.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#7562 Aug 27, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you like those European models.
Was your MG a 'B' or midget?(Did they make 'A's' in '59, I always thought they looked good, a little like a Jaguar E Type- big front end.) I had three friends with midgets and one with a 'B', they were fun cars. Those midgets had such a short narrow wheelbase, they could go down logging roads!
It was a "B" and it was fun. I also had a '59 Triumph TR 3. I dragged it out of a barn, full of chicken feathers, when I bought it. Dayum Brit autos then often had systemic electrical problems.

The R 17 Renault was a shiny red 2-year old when I bought it, leather seats, electric sunroof with a fiberglass cover for Winter, front wheel drive, fuel injection. HPs gave it a lot of attention.

Driving fast down the interstate, the roof open, the stars shining, seemed to be a place of some interest to the ladies. It handled, looked and performed quite a bit like a VW Scirocco on steroids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_15/17

“Just me.......”

Level 8

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7563 Aug 27, 2013
Hey OC...just dropped to say a quick hello :)

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#7564 Aug 27, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the MG-A's looked pretty cool, too. Years ago, a friend let me drive his Midget -- ah, such a twitchy little thing! A couple of streets were less than "glass-smooth" and over-correction to the bumps was an easy thing to do.
I tried to give you a prop to make up for those other negative little symbols.
One of my friends worked up at Valsetz at the plywood mill. He would drive his midget up the gravel logging road in all kinds of weather. Could slide around the corners and get there real fast. I rode with him up past town one time and that little car could drive down into a washout/pot hole, and back up the other side! It was so light, if it did get stuck, I think two of us could lift the back and get it out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsetz,_Oregon

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#7565 Aug 27, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a "B" and it was fun. I also had a '59 Triumph TR 3. I dragged it out of a barn, full of chicken feathers, when I bought it. Dayum Brit autos then often had systemic electrical problems.
The R 17 Renault was a shiny red 2-year old when I bought it, leather seats, electric sunroof with a fiberglass cover for Winter, front wheel drive, fuel injection. HPs gave it a lot of attention.
Driving fast down the interstate, the roof open, the stars shining, seemed to be a place of some interest to the ladies. It handled, looked and performed quite a bit like a VW Scirocco on steroids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_15/17
That Renault looks nice.
'B's' had more room, good cars. One of my old high school friends has one now. I like the looks of the TR's, the ones I knew about needed a lot of maintenance. The TR6's looked good too. I got a Crosley out of a barn covered in chicken feathers too.'53?, looked like a little Woody. I had a '63 E-Type Jaguar with the glass over the headlights, probably the car I would brag about the most, but it wasn't in perfect condition though. Had a Simca once. It was a very good car. I saw it for sale for, I think $150. The lady said, you can't drive it, was in a bad wreck. The front fender was pushed in against the tire. I reached down and grabbed the fender and bent it out. You should have seen the look on that ladies face when I got in a drove it off!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simca

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#7566 Aug 27, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes, yes 'we' did ... each in our own way(s) I'm sure!
Good weekend, I hope !? Gots tea (no lemon)?
And ... why you always sticking your tongue out at us?:P
That sounds lovely. Thank you.

Thats just my smile, it's not meant to be mean a bad thing.

:)

Is that better????

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#7567 Aug 27, 2013
axxx wrote:
No way.!!!! US is my friend..

Coors Light just for you..:)

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#7568 Aug 27, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Hi axxx.
Sometimes you have to serve yourself lately.
I'm sorry Fisherman that I can't be here more often but I love to come back and see you all talking. And this is an open bar so you are all welcome to help yourself.

If it helps I miss you guys when I'm away....

Joke....

Whats do you call it when two pigs are having sex???

Making bacon...:)

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#7569 Aug 27, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Fisherman that I can't be here more often but I love to come back and see you all talking. And this is an open bar so you are all welcome to help yourself.
If it helps I miss you guys when I'm away....
Joke....
Whats do you call it when two pigs are having sex???
Making bacon...:)
lol Good morning Tuesday Sunshine!
So, over the internet would it be pork links?
(sorry, it doesn't work if you try too hard!)

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#7570 Aug 27, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Good morning Tuesday Sunshine!
So, over the internet would it be pork links?
(sorry, it doesn't work if you try too hard!)
Hello sweetie...:)

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#7571 Aug 27, 2013
MLR29 wrote:
Hey OC...just dropped to say a quick hello :)
Girl, where the hell have you been?

I miss you around here.

Thanks for stopping by. Come more often..:)

(hugs)

informs against BS

#7572 Aug 27, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to give you a prop to make up for those other negative little symbols.
One of my friends worked up at Valsetz at the plywood mill. He would drive his midget up the gravel logging road in all kinds of weather. Could slide around the corners and get there real fast. I rode with him up past town one time and that little car could drive down into a washout/pot hole, and back up the other side! It was so light, if it did get stuck, I think two of us could lift the back and get it out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsetz,_Oregon
Thanks for the prop effort, F808. Yeah, I've had a bevy of default icons for a time; used to be 3 each -- someone must be on vacation.

Thanks too for the ghost town link. Good to read about the protected old-growth "Valley of the Giants" area.

Good evenin' RHC'ers.

informs against BS

#7573 Aug 27, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text> That sounds lovely. Thank you.
Thats just my smile, it's not meant to be mean a bad thing.
:)
Is that better????
:P
OH OCG, I was just messin' with you -- not serious at all.

"Don't go changin'..."

Hope your evening is relaxing after the chores are done.

:P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 7 min _hellbilly_ 278
Double letter E words (Feb '13) 8 min Spirit67_ 41
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 9 min Spirit67_ 1,964
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 10 min andet1987 2,869
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min Spirit67_ 6,869
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min On this Day 25,677
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Dogen 132,584
Is it possible to....... 43 min Sarah 568
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 54 min D Valens 152,473
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 57 min Sarah 131