Real-Life "Death Note" Book Gets Student Suspended

There are 20 comments on the snafu-ed.blogspot.com story from Nov 25, 2007, titled Real-Life "Death Note" Book Gets Student Suspended. In it, snafu-ed.blogspot.com reports that:

Death Note is an an anime series which centers around high school student Light Yagami, who finds a discarded notebook labeled "Death Note," lying on the ground (as with most anime, Death Note was previously a manga series).

The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die.

In Richmond, Virginia at the Franklin Military Academy, a student was caught writing names in a Death Note notebook (reproductions are readily available).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at snafu-ed.blogspot.com.

Lllddhdhhdhd

United States

#2865 Dec 1, 2012
Chi
Nutts on fire

United States

#2866 Dec 1, 2012
Poop.
Nutts on fire

United States

#2867 Dec 1, 2012
Pickle
Nutts on fire

United States

#2868 Dec 1, 2012
Lyzz wrote:
That has to be the most IDIOTIC reason for someone to get in trouble. Ya, cuz we all know that when you right someone's name in a Death Note book, they instantly DIE by MAGIC!
Sexy
Bebban

Aberdare, UK

#2869 Dec 16, 2012
I read about this somewhere; I think they arrested him because it was taken as a death threat (even though it would be an empty one). I know it's stupid to go that far, but to be honest if you're using your replica death note to actually write names in rather than using it as a note book then you're:
a) Delusional, cos it's not gonna work!
b) A bit screwed up (but aren't we all?:P)
or c) RIGHT, which means that writing people's names in that book is definitley a threat!!!

Either way, I can understand why they took him for questioning as crazy as it may sound.:/
Terrorist_call_9 11

Whitecourt, Canada

#2870 Dec 18, 2012
This is essentially a hit list, even if deathnotes aren't real.
I cry when poop

United States

#2871 Dec 18, 2012
:o
I poop when cry

United States

#2872 Dec 18, 2012
Kids should stay off drugs.
Team Kira

United States

#2873 Dec 18, 2012
I wish, Death Notes were real and did work. So much rotten people in this World.
Kira

United States

#2874 Dec 18, 2012
I shall bring Justice. >:}
L Ryuzaki

United States

#2875 Dec 18, 2012
Not as long as I'm alive. I'll bring you down, Kira. You are no different from those criminals. :/
Lighto Kun

United States

#2876 Dec 18, 2012
Kira may be justice. L, you got it wrong.
Kira

United States

#2877 Dec 18, 2012
I shall bring Justice. :D
Justin Bieber Sucks

United States

#2878 Dec 18, 2012
Balls of fire, and should be punished by Kira's hand.
Nelphrim

Rochester, NY

#2879 Jan 23, 2013
Tonn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the Devil.
Death Note fans think "KIRA" is justice.
Killing is pure sin.
Which means "KIRA" is pure sin.
Enough said.
Educated and intelligent people know this.
Such actions will be taken into account and the doers will be punished.
The truly intelligent know That good and evil is a matter of perspective
Sexy

United States

#2880 Mar 30, 2013
We need more comments here :)
L Lawliet

Sydney, Australia

#2881 Jun 26, 2013
Kira, I will hunt you down wherever you're hiding and eliminate you! I am JUSTICE!!
L Lawliet

Sydney, Australia

#2882 Jun 26, 2013
Why did this thing give away my location!?
tomoi

Virginia Beach, VA

#2883 Jul 6, 2013
its not only in japan but the hole world and if you are wondering kira translates to killer
kaugie

Bronx, NY

#2884 Jul 17, 2013
Tonn worte:Your "newspaper posting" is a fraud.
Stop trying to fool people.
Some idiotic people MAY believe you.
I do not wish for this.
I have a record for absolutely EVERY newspaper posting and record that was ever published since 1989. No such posting was released.
If you try to reason out of my Fraud accusation.
You can't.
Because Death Note was an idea that was thought of in 2005, which, of course, is NOT before 1989.
You are dispicable
Well Tonn, you never know if it is real or not we won't know. Theirs a lot of things that we don't know in this world. Theirs a lot of secrets in this world we yet have not been told. If there was such thing of a death note do you think we people would know? I guess not, cause,if we did we would all be scared at the person who's holding it. It doesn't matter what time of year it took place for all we know maybe something gave him that though "Death Note" like how god gave people abilities to hear him in order to write down the bible. So don't get mad cause kira post a fake newspaper, maybe that's an newspaper you don't have. I question my self why so many newspaper? some could get deleted you do know right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min DanFromSmithville 162,080
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 10 min We Are Almost There 28,632
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 15 min Grace Nerissa 229
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 17 min Go Blue Forever 4,888
Word association (Jun '07) 17 min -CatCiao- 2,884
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,342
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 31 min DILF 20
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 32 min DILF 10,957
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 56 min Crystal in Grey 40,316
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr KIMberly504 161,896
More from around the web