“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#23 May 17, 2012
karmalyzed wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard a man speak once on autism ( wish I could remember his name now, but sadly I can't) and he said that it was unfortunate for the general population that we can't find a way to communicate with those who have autism no matter where they lie on the spectrum. He went on to say that if we gathered all the autistic people in the world as long as they were able to communicate ( meaning they were old enough to talk either with words or sign language) and put them into one huge arena and then allowed all the major corporations to give them their major problems to solve, they could talk among themselves because they could understand each other and they could easily solve the problems that "normal" people no matter how high their intelligence level seem to be cannot solve.
The speech was really enlightening because it shows just how isolated autistic people live even though they are in households with other people. When one can't communicate other than just basic needs, it really is a lonely world.
I will try to remember the man's name and if I do I will see if the speech is online and send you the link.
I once gave my eight year old autistic nephew a toy laser gun that made sparks, the first thing he did was study it for about five minutes. You could tell that he was figuring it out how it works and see it in his face the moment he figured it out. He's also amazing with video games, particularly ones that involve solving problems.

“Kool-Aid”

Level 8

Since: Dec 11

Jonestown S.Africa

#24 May 17, 2012
Crazy?

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#25 May 17, 2012
They are psychopaths. They always have this sick little laugh like they are so important and winning.

“What?”

Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#27 May 17, 2012
karmalyzed wrote:
<quoted text>I heard a man speak once on autism ( wish I could remember his name now, but sadly I can't) and he said that it was unfortunate for the general population that we can't find a way to communicate with those who have autism no matter where they lie on the spectrum. He went on to say that if we gathered all the autistic people in the world as long as they were able to communicate ( meaning they were old enough to talk either with words or sign language) and put them into one huge arena and then allowed all the major corporations to give them their major problems to solve, they could talk among themselves because they could understand each other and they could easily solve the problems that "normal" people no matter how high their intelligence level seem to be cannot solve.

The speech was really enlightening because it shows just how isolated autistic people live even though they are in households with other people. When one can't communicate other than just basic needs, it really is a lonely world.

I will try to remember the man's name and if I do I will see if the speech is online and send you the link.
Please do!!! I would like to read that.

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#28 May 17, 2012
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>I once gave my eight year old autistic nephew a toy laser gun that made sparks, the first thing he did was study it for about five minutes. You could tell that he was figuring it out how it works and see it in his face the moment he figured it out. He's also amazing with video games, particularly ones that involve solving problems.
it's truly amazing what they can do, if you can get them to interact with you. I have known a couple of autistic people and they truly are in their own worlds. It's hard to get them to interact with others ...:(
Jack-Zoo-Ville

Jacksonville, FL

#29 May 17, 2012
Lady Suzie wrote:
Laughter is the best medicine!
If someone snickers or blasts laughing, then they are high on pot.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#30 May 17, 2012
How do you REALLY know if they are laughing "for no reason"...the voices in their head..may have told them a joke..
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#31 May 17, 2012
Rarely does it happen, but sometimes I laugh when it's inappropriate to laugh. Don't know why that is. Could be a nervous reaction or I have a neurosis of the psychosis, lol. Sometimes I just get the giggles, for no reason at all. The body or mind's response to build up stress perhaps, Idk, but it does end up making me feel so much better then if I hadn't laughed at all.

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#32 May 17, 2012
they see stupid people

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#33 May 17, 2012
60s chic wrote:
Rarely does it happen, but sometimes I laugh when it's inappropriate to laugh. Don't know why that is. Could be a nervous reaction or I have a neurosis of the psychosis, lol. Sometimes I just get the giggles, for no reason at all. The body or mind's response to build up stress perhaps, Idk, but it does end up making me feel so much better then if I hadn't laughed at all.
Agree 60's chic...sometimes "stress builds up" and I think it says..Enough Already..set the laughter motion detector to on..and let the giggles loose...Ahhhh, I always feel better after a good laugh..

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

guess, where

#34 May 17, 2012
laughter is the best medicine sepecially with a glass of Chablis

“Kool-Aid”

Level 8

Since: Dec 11

Jonestown S.Africa

#35 May 18, 2012
Fantasizing about offing your ex-whatever
Level 7

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#36 May 18, 2012
They have a sense of humor and you don't.

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Sayonara Falls.

#37 May 18, 2012
Tourette's Syndrome?

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#38 May 18, 2012
Why does it matter why someone laughs, hell more power to them.

With all the hate, meaness and drama in this crazy world we live in why does anyone need an excuse to laugh....geezzzzzzzzzzzzz...:)

Oh BTW, I'm laughing!!

Sue me!!!:)

“Bagging groceries....”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

is child's play :)

#39 May 18, 2012
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
Why does it matter why someone laughs, hell more power to them.
With all the hate, meaness and drama in this crazy world we live in why does anyone need an excuse to laugh....geezzzzzzzzzzzzz...:)
Oh BTW, I'm laughing!!
Sue me!!!:)
ut oh, now that made me laugh... dang it you gonna go and get me sued now as well... lol

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#40 May 18, 2012
60s chic wrote:
When I was in First grade...I would laugh so much...I spent most of that year kneeling in front of the Blessed Mother Statue...it didn't help. Even now, when I see her Statue, I just drop to my knees out of habit...LOL

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#41 May 18, 2012
Crazy or Insane...

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#42 May 19, 2012
karmalyzed wrote:
<quoted text>
ut oh, now that made me laugh... dang it you gonna go and get me sued now as well... lol
We'll just have to be in trouble together but.........we'll be laughing the whole time.. Isn't life great?? lol

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

guess, where

#43 May 19, 2012
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>We'll just have to be in trouble together but.........we'll be laughing the whole time.. Isn't life great?? lol
did someone say "in trouble" withOUT using my name???? LOL thats funny so everybody laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 2 min David0407 25,429
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 min Mister_ E 5,546
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 6 min David0407 4,978
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 19 min Gofigger 3,307
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 21 min Kid_Tomorrow 11,572
Navy 4 on trial for bizarre sexual assault 21 min Shirvell s Shrivel 6
10-Year-Old Goldfish Undergoes Brain Surgery 23 min charADE Modcvnt X... 17
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 58 min Kid_Tomorrow 146,898
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 1 hr Parden Pard 5
•••