Since: Aug 10

Thank you Jesus for saving me!

#1 May 16, 2012
Laughter is the best medicine!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#2 May 16, 2012
because it takes less muscles to laugh than it does to frown or so it's been said ... sounds cool to me ... >>smiles<<

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 May 16, 2012
Wouldn't you like to know...:)

“Hold on to my waist ”

Level 6

Since: Jun 11

And push and pull

#4 May 16, 2012
Because they have found someone to blame it on..LOL

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#6 May 16, 2012
because the voices sometimes tell jokes

“God loves you all!”

Level 5

Since: Aug 10

Thank you Jesus for saving me!

#7 May 16, 2012

I Love To Laugh Sing Along

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#8 May 16, 2012
To release Evil Spirits out of thier system...?
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#9 May 16, 2012
Hunglo wrote:
because the voices sometimes tell jokes
hahahahaha...haha....so true
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#10 May 16, 2012
oops
CRaZY eYe SLY

Roscommon, Ireland

#11 May 16, 2012
because they've got an invisible clown c0kk in their ear.

“Bagging groceries....”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

is child's play :)

#12 May 16, 2012
What seems like no reason to you may be a reason to them. You can't assume what another person is thinking about at any given time. Just because a person's eyes are fixated on one object does not infer their mind is focused on said object. I have often times been daydreaming ( for lack of a better word) while someone was boring me with a conversation and allowing my mind to wander to a more pleasing time, often a very humorous time which has caused me to giggle. This has confused the person who was talking and made them think that I was laughing at what they had to say, when in fact it had nothing to do with them at all, causing me to have to explain.

Another reason people often laugh is to hide true emotion, like fear, anger, pain.

And lastly some people laugh due to ailaments and they don't even realize that it is not normal for them to do so. For instance I have a child who has aspergers and he laughs constantly for no reason whatsoever and he laughs loudly.( I say no reason but yet again, I am not in his head, so he may possibly have a reason that nobody knows about but him). But the point is that his doctor says it is common for those with asperger/autism to do so.

Sad but Wiser

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#13 May 16, 2012
... a person may see something that strikes them as 'funny'

Sad but Wiser

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#14 May 16, 2012
karmalyzed wrote:
What seems like no reason to you may be a reason to them. You can't assume what another person is thinking about at any given time. Just because a person's eyes are fixated on one object does not infer their mind is focused on said object. I have often times been daydreaming ( for lack of a better word) while someone was boring me with a conversation and allowing my mind to wander to a more pleasing time, often a very humorous time which has caused me to giggle. This has confused the person who was talking and made them think that I was laughing at what they had to say, when in fact it had nothing to do with them at all, causing me to have to explain.

Another reason people often laugh is to hide true emotion, like fear, anger, pain.

And lastly some people laugh due to ailaments and they don't even realize that it is not normal for them to do so. For instance I have a child who has aspergers and he laughs constantly for no reason whatsoever and he laughs loudly.( I say no reason but yet again, I am not in his head, so he may possibly have a reason that nobody knows about but him). But the point is that his doctor says it is common for those with asperger/autism to do so.
I read somewhere that people with autism--'get lost in their own heads'-- I kind of understand that..having hydrocephalus--

“Be obscure ”

Level 2

clearly

#15 May 16, 2012
funny thoughts

“Bagging groceries....”

Level 5

#16 May 16, 2012
Sad but Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
I read somewhere that people with autism--'get lost in their own heads'-- I kind of understand that..having hydrocephalus--
Well yes and no, the thing with autism is that their brains actually work on a higher plane than the average brain does, so that is what makes it difficult for them to function. They must dummy down their brain to figure out how to communicate and they never quite are able to make it far enough down to fit in socially in the "normal" world. Eventually what most autistic ( well those that are moderate to severe) children end up doing is they give up and begin isolating themselves. They find they prefer being alone because they can entertain their own mind far better than others can because others cannot stimulate their brains, to them the "normal" person is rather boring and childlike intellectually.
lolol

Santa Fe, NM

#17 May 16, 2012
voices in their heads telling racy jokes

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18 May 16, 2012
its better than crying
Wonder No More

Moorestown, NJ

#19 May 16, 2012
How do you know they're not laughing at you?

Sad but Wiser

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#20 May 16, 2012
karmalyzed wrote:
<quoted text>Well yes and no, the thing with autism is that their brains actually work on a higher plane than the average brain does, so that is what makes it difficult for them to function. They must dummy down their brain to figure out how to communicate and they never quite are able to make it far enough down to fit in socially in the "normal" world. Eventually what most autistic ( well those that are moderate to severe) children end up doing is they give up and begin isolating themselves. They find they prefer being alone because they can entertain their own mind far better than others can because others cannot stimulate their brains, to them the "normal" person is rather boring and childlike intellectually.
I see your point. One of the choir leaders at my church has a son who has Aspergers (spelling?)--- he is, literally, a mathematical genius--he is completing a college degree in mathematics, but, he 'appears to be '--slow---because he doesn't communicate well...

“Bagging groceries....”

Level 5

#22 May 16, 2012
Sad but Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point. One of the choir leaders at my church has a son who has Aspergers (spelling?)--- he is, literally, a mathematical genius--he is completing a college degree in mathematics, but, he 'appears to be '--slow---because he doesn't communicate well...
I heard a man speak once on autism ( wish I could remember his name now, but sadly I can't) and he said that it was unfortunate for the general population that we can't find a way to communicate with those who have autism no matter where they lie on the spectrum. He went on to say that if we gathered all the autistic people in the world as long as they were able to communicate ( meaning they were old enough to talk either with words or sign language) and put them into one huge arena and then allowed all the major corporations to give them their major problems to solve, they could talk among themselves because they could understand each other and they could easily solve the problems that "normal" people no matter how high their intelligence level seem to be cannot solve.

The speech was really enlightening because it shows just how isolated autistic people live even though they are in households with other people. When one can't communicate other than just basic needs, it really is a lonely world.

I will try to remember the man's name and if I do I will see if the speech is online and send you the link.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 8 min Sweetie-Pie 7,861
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 26 min Princess Hey 150,034
News Rat cafe opens in San Francisco 33 min The Wheeze of Trump 3
News Pet blood donors help other dogs, cats 36 min The Wheeze of Trump 2
News Double Murder Investigation Takes Bizarre Turn 41 min The Wheeze of Trump 1
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 45 min The Finny 75,224
News Bizarre Elk Poaching Case In Nevada Nets 3 Conv... 47 min The Wheeze of Trump 2
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Sublime1 14,792
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr T Bone 217,049
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr Boink face 4,053
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 5 hr Boink face 2,539
More from around the web