Teen slips by sleeping guard, climbs ...

Teen slips by sleeping guard, climbs WTC spire

There are 8 comments on the WTKG-AM Grand Rapids story from Mar 20, 2014, titled Teen slips by sleeping guard, climbs WTC spire. In it, WTKG-AM Grand Rapids reports that:

It's the kind of luck people only have in the movies. Just how did 16-year-old Justin Casquejo get past the NYPD, the Port Authority Police Department, and two private security companies to reach the top of 1 World Trade Center, the tallest building in the US , on Sunday? It was easy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKG-AM Grand Rapids.

Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Mar 20, 2014
I'd live to hear what the kid and the elevator operator said to one another as the operator simply took him up. That conversation is what they're not allowing to be discussed.
Looky Looky

Huntington, NY

#2 Mar 20, 2014
He didn't happen to see a Malaysian plane flying around while he was up there did he?
ConcernedNewfie

Orleans, Canada

#3 Mar 20, 2014
Sleeping on the job? Got guard deserved whether you think he deserved it or not. Possibly got the elevator operator in trouble too.
Screwed up the day if not the week for at least one person from a teenager that most likely didn't earn a cent yet in his life.
Absolutely

Jackson, MO

#4 Mar 20, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
I'd live to hear what the kid and the elevator operator said to one another as the operator simply took him up. That conversation is what they're not allowing to be discussed.
.. and Precisely

Cover ups are so easy to accomplish when you'r in the know and dirty enough to want to be
a Con artist and convict.

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#5 Mar 20, 2014
Arrest him lol
Hire Him! adventure seeker,tough,slipped through fence ,he has a future in the military or police or crime PREVENTION. Rick
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Mar 20, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
.. and Precisely
Cover ups are so easy to accomplish when you'r in the know and dirty enough to want to be
a Con artist and convict.
I don't know what con artist or convict is involved in the elevator incident. Perhaps you can understandably explain what you're talking about.

I suspect the kid just told the elevator operator that he - the kid - was the son of some supervisor whose name the kid knew, and the authorities don't want this social engineering technique publicized.

But we don't know. The elevator operator was merely transferred thanks to the union. Only the sleeping guard at the top floor was fired. Rent a cops don't usually have unions.
Hmmm

United States

#7 Mar 20, 2014
Our government funded assistance programs at it's very best. Doesn't sound like the kid was a messed up at those that work there. After a few hands are slapped and a closer look at security it will go back to the same, unless they invest to keep those places more secure. Glad those folks can't get guns.
Camilla

San Diego, CA

#8 Mar 20, 2014
asleep at the wheel has been in over drive, it's world wide -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min Barry Obama 19,873
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 min andet1987 44,360
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 6 min andet1987 27,470
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 9 min andet1987 3,366
News Fridley Man Charged With Attempted Murder After... 12 min Go Blue Forever 3
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min andet1987 59,544
2words into 2new words (May '12) 16 min andet1987 2,857
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr avon5735 194,272
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 2 hr Teflon Hillary 161
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 58,061
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 8 hr Northbound 8,521
More from around the web