hawk

El Monte, CA

#65 Dec 12, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
I read the whole report. It was extremely shocking. No wonder the Chinese hate the Japanese to this day. Japan never officially apologized to China.<quoted text>
I have tried to get a resolution passed here in DC condemning the actions of the Japanese, but can't get it out of committee.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#66 Dec 12, 2012
hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried to get a resolution passed here in DC condemning the actions of the Japanese, but can't get it out of committee.
As for the Chinese, slave labor should be abolished. Just watch this video. People working 14-16 hours a day - everyday without any time off. Women passing out from dizziness and eye strain due to long hours. One of the manufacturers claims it's no big deal, happens all the time and they recover. What about the long term affects? They probably rarely get to see their own families. Now that is what I call the rat race. What a shame. It's one of the reasons I don't shop at Walmart anymore. Unfortunately, most U.S goods now come from China and Walmart is just one of many in the U.S. There are many other stores but Walmart tops them all.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#67 Dec 12, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> You probably won't believe me but it's true when I say that in all my 27 years of living in Kenya, I have never seen a lion, elephant or wild animals with my own eyes lol. I see them on TV. You see, most average Kenyans don't visit parks as they should. Too busy studying, working or conducting business or whatever. Maybe when I get the time and money, I will visit Serengeti. It's amazing from what I hear. You should visit sometime. In Kenya, it's known as Maasai mara National reserve. It extends to Tanzania to the south and it's known as Serengeti (i hope i'm correct on this), wildbeasts migrate annually between the Kenyan side to Tanzanian side and back and the Crocodiles have their big moment to truly feast.
I know what you mean AS. I was born and lived in America all of my life. I have yet to see all of the beauty of my country. I've been out west years before and it is beautiful. I've always loved the ocean, too. Unfortunately, you have to have a lot of money to live close to it. Of course when I think about the devastation of hurricanes like Katrina and Sandy; I'm kind of glad that I don't. I hope you find time someday to see the Serengeti. I would love to, as long as I'm inside a safe vehicle with shatterproof windows, lol.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#68 Dec 12, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the Chinese, slave labor should be abolished. Just watch this video. People working 14-16 hours a day - everyday without any time off. Women passing out from dizziness and eye strain due to long hours. One of the manufacturers claims it's no big deal, happens all the time and they recover. What about the long term affects? They probably rarely get to see their own families. Now that is what I call the rat race. What a shame. It's one of the reasons I don't shop at Walmart anymore. Unfortunately, most U.S goods now come from China and Walmart is just one of many in the U.S. There are many other stores but Walmart tops them all.
Oops, forgot the link:

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#69 Dec 12, 2012
Liar! lol
hawk wrote:
<quoted text>

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#70 Dec 12, 2012
Chinese labourers working in Apple factories in China commit suicide every now and then. It's corporate greed and Apple corporation should be ashamed of themselves :(
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#71 Dec 12, 2012
Lol. I heard a story a long time ago about an elephant that went beserk and nearly topped a tourist van over!
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean AS. I was born and lived in America all of my life. I have yet to see all of the beauty of my country. I've been out west years before and it is beautiful. I've always loved the ocean, too. Unfortunately, you have to have a lot of money to live close to it. Of course when I think about the devastation of hurricanes like Katrina and Sandy; I'm kind of glad that I don't. I hope you find time someday to see the Serengeti. I would love to, as long as I'm inside a safe vehicle with shatterproof windows, lol.

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#72 Dec 13, 2012
All the colonial powers were very very cruel. Their history has been destroyed. Now is the time to revive the real truth as truth and reconciliation and put the books just for record and move on without seeking revengemand let the bitterness go.

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#73 Dec 13, 2012
Maumau veterans in Kenya beg to differ.
Humhainna wrote:
All the colonial powers were very very cruel. Their history has been destroyed. Now is the time to revive the real truth as truth and reconciliation and put the books just for record and move on without seeking revengemand let the bitterness go.

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

#74 Dec 13, 2012
People are selfish that's why they are cruel.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#75 Dec 13, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
We must do something before it's too late. Look at Iran and N Korea.<quoted text>
i wish i had the answer for u, but if better people than me, such as the rulers of this world dont have one, little ol me dont have one either. lol - sorry
:(
all i can tell u is to lead by example if u want things to change, slowly and hopefully it Will change. thats all anyone really can do..
but i gotta admit, i worry for my grandkids and the future generations to come.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#76 Dec 13, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
With human intelligence come cruelty, it's inevitable.
Way back we defended our lands from others, and the flip side was someone wants what others have. It's really the same now with more complications added like wanting to rule the world, control oil, technology, forcing ourselves on others. Doesn't the same caveman logic still apply?
As far as the animal world goes, it isn't as cruel as people are. Animals hunt for food, not pleasure. And they want to make a kill quickly as to not risk injury to themselves. A wounded animal is most likely one that will starve or be prey for another. Apples and oranges to compare human cruelty to animal survival.
Humans are the ones destroying our resources, not animals. We wipe out one animal only to watch another over breed, we strip our land of trees which help provide oxygen, we pollute the waters with waste. It almost makes you wonder just how intelligent we are.
Things to ponder .....
great post,

im gonna vote u in next time for President. lol
:))

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#77 Dec 13, 2012
Ya see what 'we' gota do is get Iran and North korea pi$$ed off @ each other. Much to their advantage the weaponry they have now will reach each other.
And if that works next comes China and Russia.
ISFOSTM

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#78 Dec 13, 2012

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#79 Dec 13, 2012
TenderTink - I'm impressed. You are knowledgeable about his situation and gave good advice.
You deserve more props.
hawk

United States

#80 Dec 13, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Liar! lol<quoted text>

Are you related to Barack?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#81 Dec 13, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, forgot the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yF8jUDzz5bEXX
GREAT INFORMATION...thanks...

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#82 Dec 13, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
I read the whole report. It was extremely shocking. No wonder the Chinese hate the Japanese to this day. Japan never officially apologized to China.<quoted text>
And apology would immediately be met with a demand for restitution, no?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83 Dec 13, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
We're already being told we can't compete with that which seems to be the corporate way of telling us, we NEED to compete with that. Thus, the breaking of the Unions, the "right to work" BS and the *need* to do away with social services (...hand-outs...) and convince people that it's "necessary". The corporations can give us full employment if we're willing to make further concessions. It can happen here. It will happen here. And when it does, we'll just be so filled with nationalistic, Xtian pride because WE are helping OUR *job creators* and WE are the greatest country in the world! It'll be alright once, like the Chinese, we don't remember it being any different.

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#84 Dec 13, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
i wish i had the answer for u, but if better people than me, such as the rulers of this world dont have one, little ol me dont have one either. lol - sorry
:(
all i can tell u is to lead by example if u want things to change, slowly and hopefully it Will change. thats all anyone really can do..
but i gotta admit, i worry for my grandkids and the future generations to come.
Very good advice. Thank you :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Subduction Zone 132,874
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 30 min Judy 123 2,962
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min wichita-rick 152,539
Anonymous trolls who stalk & post libel 44 min Will Dockery 1
one word only (Jun '08) 45 min Crazy Jae 55,206
The Letter J (Jan '14) 46 min Judy 123 41
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 48 min Will Dockery 24,119
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Mega Monster 7,606
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr X Crypsis X 336
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Mega Monster 25,741