Man Arrested Following Crosswalk Graf...

Man Arrested Following Crosswalk Graffiti Incident

There are 56 comments on the NBC Los Angeles story from May 31, 2013, titled Man Arrested Following Crosswalk Graffiti Incident. In it, NBC Los Angeles reports that:

Vallejo-resident Anthony Cardenas, 52, was arrested May 30, 2013 for spray-painting a crosswalk on the roadway of a busy intersection.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1 Jun 1, 2013
aaaaaaaaaaaaah things go astray in the walk of life

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Jun 1, 2013
The news folks do a poor job of reporting the WHOLE story. Why-not talk with the guy who was arrested and ask him what prompted him to paint the crosswalk? Or at-least ask him why he thought one was needed. I'm not saying what he did was okay. But oftentimes we are frustrated by bureaucracy when we need something done, and it's important-enough to take matters in your-own hands....or, maybe he's just some nut who likes to paint the street. Without asking him, we'll never know.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Jun 1, 2013
New Law.....Graffiti criminal's get to repaint the whole structure, and pay for all the paint and supplies..........one color this time.....
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#4 Jun 1, 2013
What about prosecuting all those fkn hopscotch kids???
crazy idea

Memphis, TN

#5 Jun 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
New Law.....Graffiti criminal's get to repaint the whole structure, and pay for all the paint and supplies..........one color this time.....
does that mean he has to paint all the roadway in california
Det Friday

Sonoma, CA

#6 Jun 1, 2013
The crosswalk painting law was enacted by a unanimous vote to protect the crosswalks of the state from identifying painting that does not conform to regulation 3965T5-cr67-440x. This regulation, now inactive, was as a result of an incomplete eight million dollar four-year study, and has on occasion been used in part or referred to for the intended purposes of defining crosswalk painting, painters, directions, locations, community impact, hours of use and possible potential definitions regarding that use which may be used all, or in part, to define, refer to or identify the crosswalk or otherwise not.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#7 Jun 1, 2013
"What did I do wrong?"

"Do we need to paint you a picture?"

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#8 Jun 1, 2013
A better more cheerful title would be:

George W Bush arrested for sponsoring the deaths of thousands of innocent Iraqis.

Plus his role in opening and establishing the Guantanamo bay concentration camp.

South Bend, IN

#9 Jun 1, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
George W Bush arrested for sponsoring the deaths of thousands of innocent Iraqis.
Plus his role in opening and establishing the Guantanamo bay concentration camp.
Or, Barack Obama arrested for sponsoring the deaths of Embassy staff by keeping them unarmed and declining to send armed support.

Or, Barack Obama arrested for sponsoring illegal monitoring and intimidation of US citizens by abusing his authority over the IRS.

Or, Barack Obama arrested for determining it's OK to hunt down and kill Americans via drones.

Or, Barack Obama arrested by promising Obamacare would reduce healthcare costs but multiple reports now indicate 40% INCREASES.

Or, Barack Obama and several members of his administration arrested for ignoring the rule of law, integrity of their offices, and the US Constitution.

But nevermind the fact Bush hasn't been in power for 4 1/2 years. That's more important than current events.

South Bend, IN

#11 Jun 1, 2013
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
And still we are cleaning up his screw-ups.
What a clown, he was.
The problem is we are NOT cleaning them up, just making a bigger pile of doo-doo.
crazy idea

Memphis, TN

#12 Jun 1, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
a better title would be that " afrrican shadows shut the hell up and starts worrying about africa"
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#13 Jun 1, 2013
Det Friday wrote:
The crosswalk painting law was enacted by a unanimous vote to protect the crosswalks of the state from identifying painting that does not conform to regulation 3965T5-cr67-440x. This regulation, now inactive, was as a result of an incomplete eight million dollar four-year study, and has on occasion been used in part or referred to for the intended purposes of defining crosswalk painting, painters, directions, locations, community impact, hours of use and possible potential definitions regarding that use which may be used all, or in part, to define, refer to or identify the crosswalk or otherwise not.
Really interesting.
Who knew???

(Just kidding... No way did I read that whole thing: No disrespect, but I'd rather eat razor blades dipped in H2SO4...)

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#14 Jun 1, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, Barack Obama arrested for sponsoring the deaths of Embassy staff by keeping them unarmed and declining to send armed support.
Or, Barack Obama arrested for sponsoring illegal monitoring and intimidation of US citizens by abusing his authority over the IRS.
Or, Barack Obama arrested for determining it's OK to hunt down and kill Americans via drones.
Or, Barack Obama arrested by promising Obamacare would reduce healthcare costs but multiple reports now indicate 40% INCREASES.
Or, Barack Obama and several members of his administration arrested for ignoring the rule of law, integrity of their offices, and the US Constitution.
But nevermind the fact Bush hasn't been in power for 4 1/2 years. That's more important than current events.
Wow

You really dislike your president huh?

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#15 Jun 1, 2013
crazy idea wrote:
<quoted text> a better title would be that " afrrican shadows shut the hell up and starts worrying about africa"
You can't silence the bearer of the truth!

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#16 Jun 1, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>
Which hardly applies to you.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#17 Jun 1, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow
You really dislike your president huh?
Dumb

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#18 Jun 2, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Which hardly applies to you.
J.E.A.L.O.U.S

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19 Jun 2, 2013
Dr Stinko wrote:
What about prosecuting all those fkn hopscotch kids???
That's true

but ...

street sketches are excellent,
some very talented artists ... out there.
Level 8

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#20 Jun 2, 2013
Bubbletoes wrote:
The news folks do a poor job of reporting the WHOLE story. Why-not talk with the guy who was arrested and ask him what prompted him to paint the crosswalk? Or at-least ask him why he thought one was needed. I'm not saying what he did was okay. But oftentimes we are frustrated by bureaucracy when we need something done, and it's important-enough to take matters in your-own hands....or, maybe he's just some nut who likes to paint the street. Without asking him, we'll never know.
Very true.
But if there really was a need for the hatch line box on the intersection I doubt they'll admit it so now. They might wait a good while and then decide to line paint one themselves.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21 Jun 2, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>
can you set afire the pants of a liar liar...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 5 min Alex Nicole 150,011
one word only (Jun '08) 10 min andet1987 55,620
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min ROSE 74,350
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... 12 min Lawrence Wolf 9
True False Game (Jun '11) 13 min andet1987 14,585
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 13 min Brandiiiiiiii 2,510
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min xxxooxxx 215,450
A to Z songs by title or group! 20 min CJ Rocker 1,590
News Chicago artist creates a mural of Michelle Obam... 38 min andet1987 34
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 9 hr DarkSoul___ 46