First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Music Lover”

Level 3

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

#2 Apr 13, 2011
I try and hit a Cracker Barrel every time I take a road trip. I hear in Europe they eat all day and night though.

“1943-2013”

Level 10

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Apr 13, 2011
At my age...it takes too long to chew...
christy

United States

#4 May 27, 2011
I hope youknow that most of the time the waitress is reaponsible when you dash out an most of the time she also has a family to feed an she dony need to be feeding you... so if you dont have money to pay an tip stay at home an cook for yourself!!!!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 May 27, 2011
Never have never will.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#6 Jun 5, 2011
may I drag out an old story??

back in the day, lived in SF and my husband had MS. he had to use those silver crutches that clamp to your arms...locomotion was hard. My big brother (may he rest in peace) invited us to go to Hamburger Marys, a very nice burger place. It was not until the check came that he told us that there was an exit right there and we could all just leave....I was so pissed!!

Luckily, I had money to cover check and tip.

Maybe I should have seen this coming, as my brother lived this way. At age 18 he got a copy of Steal This Book by Abbie Hoffman, and pretty much tried to never pay for anything.

Thanks for indulging me this walk down memory lane.
Level 4

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 Jun 5, 2011
in diyne noz das t2 fas tho too muk fa to frun

thnx flemer bren erm
ripoff

United States

#8 Jan 29, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
may I drag out an old story??
back in the day, lived in SF and my husband had MS. he had to use those silver crutches that clamp to your arms...locomotion was hard. My big brother (may he rest in peace) invited us to go to Hamburger Marys, a very nice burger place. It was not until the check came that he told us that there was an exit right there and we could all just leave....I was so pissed!!
Luckily, I had money to cover check and tip.
Maybe I should have seen this coming, as my brother lived this way. At age 18 he got a copy of Steal This Book by Abbie Hoffman, and pretty much tried to never pay for anything.
Thanks for indulging me this walk down memory lane.
wow lets like go rob your brother grave site and piss all over it to good rendings no one like a theif punk
ripoff

United States

#9 Jan 29, 2013
wow what a jerk how did he die someone steal his black little soul from him freeloaders he never work a day in his life there is no excuess for freeloaders that why he hambuger helper hand of death touch down on your stupid fool brother head and said enough lets go rob his grave too i bet the siut he was buried in was stolen too lets take it back too where my 2 dollars
The Paisan

Huntington, NY

#11 Jan 29, 2013
ripoff wrote:
wow what a jerk how did he die someone steal his black little soul from him freeloaders he never work a day in his life there is no excuess for freeloaders that why he hambuger helper hand of death touch down on your stupid fool brother head and said enough lets go rob his grave too i bet the siut he was buried in was stolen too lets take it back too where my 2 dollars
Her brother has passed away.
The only person you are insulting/hurting is Deb.

You are a POS.

Have a nice day.
hazy daisy

Montclair, NJ

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Ah ha the wonderful world of post surgery opiates.
Comb your hair and go back to bed.
hazy daisy

Montclair, NJ

#13 Jan 29, 2013
ripoff wrote:
your stitches are showing.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Rockstar hippy wrote:
I try and hit a Cracker Barrel every time I take a road trip. I hear in Europe they eat all day and night though.
Fast Food, whether you USE the drive-thru... or eat in a chain restaurant..it appears YOU are just there to satisfy your hunger pains.. Unlike dining in a fancy restaurant.. you are there to savor your meal and relax in it's ambience. In Europe, FOOD..in it's preparation to the final morsel tasted.. is an Adventure. Thus, the Europeans appreciate every aspect of it's presentation. Think about it.
FOOD is a necessity in life to sustain the body. Therefore, nmby eating good healthy foods... takes time to prepare and upon dining.. it is NOT scoffed down.
BUT,along with great conversation with other diners.. it is relished and complimented also...When you take the time to dine, you can recognize the various herbs and spices in each dish..and chat about how they enhance the dish. Bon Appetit!!!

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 29, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Fast Food, whether you USE the drive-thru... or eat in a chain restaurant..it appears YOU are just there to satisfy your hunger pains.. Unlike dining in a fancy restaurant.. you are there to savor your meal and relax in it's ambience. In Europe, FOOD..in it's preparation to the final morsel tasted.. is an Adventure. Thus, the Europeans appreciate every aspect of it's presentation. Think about it.
FOOD is a necessity in life to sustain the body. Therefore, nmby eating good healthy foods... takes time to prepare and upon dining.. it is NOT scoffed down.
BUT,along with great conversation with other diners.. it is relished and complimented also...When you take the time to dine, you can recognize the various herbs and spices in each dish..and chat about how they enhance the dish. Bon Appetit!!!
You are so right.We even know if there is a different cook for the day by the taste of the food and know how it was prepared by the taste.Now me.I think a chicken breast taste better on the grill instead thrown in a skillet.We even know down to a peice of toast how it was prepared.Butter and placed on the grill or cooking spray and in the skillet.A big difference..

Level 9

Location hidden

#16 Jan 29, 2013
I've had someone before say..Hey,let's have lunch and I'll pay..Went out for lunch intending to pay for my own and ended up paying for their's also..We live and learn.I go by myself most times and give tips went needed..But I've had several who would snick one on me and pay even when I asked them out and I was going to pay..I love doing things for people but I don't like to be used.

Level 9

Location hidden

#17 Jan 29, 2013
Wonder where Rapid is today..wish she would come back.It's been way to long not hearing from her )~:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Back in my college days I worked as a waiter. When someone does a dine and dash it is often partially the waiters fault since the diners who do this almost always tip their hand. I had worked several years and had no incidents when one night I had two males that obviously were going to do the old D and D. I alerted everyone else, but sooner or later they booked for the door. I was right on their tale, I also did not have too much fear since I was a black belt in Karate even back then. I knew I had caught one of them since he lost a shoe after about a block. He fell down and I was on top of him. He quickly paid up.

I did get in a little trouble, even though I was gone less than 5 minutes, while I was gone the manager got taken by a quick change artist at the till.

Aw, the good old days.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#19 Jan 29, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right.We even know if there is a different cook for the day by the taste of the food and know how it was prepared by the taste.Now me.I think a chicken breast taste better on the grill instead thrown in a skillet.We even know down to a peice of toast how it was prepared.Butter and placed on the grill or cooking spray and in the skillet.A big difference..
So right! I prefer roasted chicken myself, in the cooking bags .keeps it moist. Ya know, FIVE STAR restaurants DON'T use cooking spray!! European restaurants ALSO use the finest and freshest ingredients.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#20 Jan 29, 2013
ripoff wrote:
<quoted text>
wow lets like go rob your brother grave site and piss all over it to good rendings no one like a theif punk
you pull up a thread that is almost a year and a half old so you can say something as asinine as this to someone who lost a loved one, what a worthless, gutless, lowlife, piece of maggot infested dung you must be. People like you who post in the grey box knowing they never have to own up to what they say are cowards. So why don't you just crawl back into the cesspool from wince you came and choke on you own waste.
Move along, nobody likes you.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#21 Jan 29, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
Wonder where Rapid is today..wish she would come back.It's been way to long not hearing from her )~:
ya know honey my love I always wandered WHERE she went.. we had a bkadt at the Night Owl together.. remember?? Adrian was in a poem writing mood that nite.. he was writing on the walls.
Pixie_ V...was decorating the rafters.. we had to buy black lites.. when she would come...we had so much FUN with rapid... She hung out on the Last Post Wins thread....maybe somebody..like Laci Rae or Ganny would know.. maybe we need to out out an alert!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#22 Jan 29, 2013
Ya know there are folks WHO still do this..especially with purchasing the Group on.. the diners think since they purchased the Group on for a price.. THAT when they use it at a restaurant.. THEY think the ENTIRE meal is FREE..including the wine.. I have a pal who owns a restaurant.. classy..if he hadn't gone into the foyer when he did..he would have had to BITE THEIR MEAL... meaning..had to pay the sales tax, etc. These folks honestly thought THE MEAL for two People WAS FREE and the bottle of wine... Unbelievable... let's just say He will never sign for ANY coupons to promote his business again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 8 min what a russsh 84,274
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 12 min wichita-rick 6,273
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 15 min Mickey Mouse 32,455
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? (Nov '14) 25 min wichita-rick 1,330
2words into 2new words (May '12) 39 min wichita-rick 8,917
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 55 min Mein Kampf 76,607
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr what a russsh 18,022
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Laura Befffy 6,731
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr Sublime1 226,075
More from around the web