NJ canine crowned world's ugliest dog...

NJ canine crowned world's ugliest dog in 2007 dies

There are 8 comments on the KBCI CBS 2 story from Nov 30, 2013, titled NJ canine crowned world's ugliest dog in 2007 dies. In it, KBCI CBS 2 reports that:

A New Jersey canine that was crowned the world's ugliest dog in 2007 and later became the topic of a children's book preaching acceptance has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBCI CBS 2.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 Dec 1, 2013
Sad..BUT..WHAT kind of Society Had a Contest such as this??

We are ALL God's Children..Born BEAUTIFUL in his eyes!!

It's MANKIND that has Put LABELS on us!!

And the GALL to write a book on acceptance!!

PITIFUL!!
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#2 Dec 1, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Sad..BUT..WHAT kind of Society Had a Contest such as this??
We are ALL God's Children..Born BEAUTIFUL in his eyes!!
It's MANKIND that has Put LABELS on us!!
And the GALL to write a book on acceptance!!
PITIFUL!!
True....but would have wanted to walk down the street with him...scaring small children? hahaha. R.I.P Elwood. Beautiful name anyway!
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#3 Dec 1, 2013
^you^

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#4 Dec 1, 2013
Poor Elwood, he did look a bit like he was proving that he could chew bubble gum and walk backwards in the pic..

rip pup !

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#5 Dec 1, 2013
I look at this more as an issue of letting the underdogs have their own contest and win. The sad thing about these contests is that the winners typically don't live long. They are often terminally ill or were subject to cruelty.

I think these contests serve a value in that they help keep awareness on animal cruelty and help keep some of the cruelty in check. It would be nice if the contests were used as a gauge to see how far we as a people need to go in terms of caring for animals in our care. The contests showcase dogs with severe mange, abuse, attempts on their lives, etc. It would be nice to where one day, the ugliest dog is just a poodle with a bad hair day and mildly crooked teeth. So the contests force society to look at the cruelty of humans against animals.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#6 Dec 1, 2013
ROCK and ROLL FANTASY by Bad Company..

Yo Webmaster.. TELLL the TROLL..NOooooo ESSAYS here!!!
Damn Teachers!"
HELL YEAH..I'm DRUNK!!
Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 1, 2013
They should have took DNA samples. You never know what you're going to find in N.J.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#8 Dec 1, 2013
this1then wrote:
They should have took DNA samples. You never know what you're going to find in N.J.
Plum Island is pretty close...wow...just watched a Jesse Ventura conspiracy theory show..kept waiting for the "This place makes Cambodia look like Kansas"...but then again, I guess that isn't so far fetched..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 3 min quilterqueen 7,901
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 5 min quilterqueen 3,437
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 6 min quilterqueen 6,752
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 8 min quilterqueen 11,660
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 13 min Isabella Fireray 18,610
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Rider on the Storm 228,540
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 25 min andet1987 25,072
News 'Doobies make boobies,' says officer; No, they ... 2 hr JoJo 17
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Laura Beffy 7,215
More from around the web