Recipe Exchange - Please share or req...
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Run Toto run!”

Since: Jul 08

Topeka, KS

#121 Aug 14, 2008
Corn and mac casserole:

1 can of cream corn
1 can of corn
1 big chunk of velveeta
3/4 stick of butter or marg.
1 cup dry elbow macaroni
1 tsp. minced onions

Mix it all up in casserole dish, cook covered for 45 min. then uncoverd for 20 min.

This is easy and really good! I always get good comments from people when they try it.

Since: May 08

Edmonton, Canada

#122 Aug 14, 2008
state RN wrote:
<quoted text> Female. And you are welcome. The language is confusing even to us. To many rules.
Yes and all that female male stuff, and they say Engish is hard. Have a friend who went to Japan for years to teach English, and funny thing is, she is always asking me how to spell, six years of University, sheesh!

So then I will say amiga!

Edmonton, Canada

#123 Aug 14, 2008
kansashick wrote:
Corn and mac casserole:
1 can of cream corn
1 can of corn
1 big chunk of velveeta
3/4 stick of butter or marg.
1 cup dry elbow macaroni
1 tsp. minced onions
Mix it all up in casserole dish, cook covered for 45 min. then uncoverd for 20 min.
This is easy and really good! I always get good comments from people when they try it.
My son would like the corn in the casserole I make him with broccoli and cheese, then sprinkly the top with a bit of stuff 'n such! Nice idea, gracias.

Edmonton, Canada

#124 Aug 14, 2008
state RN wrote:
<quoted text> I think that is probably what I need. Thanks for the suggestion. I was brought up speaking spanglish, so at times my spanish isn't the correct spanish, but it works. Most Mexicans usually do worse in spanish class then those that are not.
My espouso does that spanglish, at first I was embarrassed, but now just chuckle, they do, so join them. He puts an "o" on the end of everyword. So funny.

Edmonton, Canada

#125 Aug 14, 2008
JazzKeyz wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea what Gulyas are but judging from the list of items to make em, it sounds delicious.
Found this for you hope it helps.

Goulash is a (sometimes) spicy dish, originally from Hungary, usually made of beef and pork, onions, red peppers, vegetables, and paprika powder.[1] Its name comes from Hungarian gulyás (pronounced goo-yash), the word for a cattle stockman or herdsman.

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#126 Aug 14, 2008
Grilled Chipoltle Tacos

2 Lb.s chicken breast
Chipoltle marinade mix
12 yellow corn tortilla shells
1 yellow onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper

Refried beans* Optional

Shredded cheese
shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes
avacado slices
sour cream
hot or mild sauce

Marinade two pounds of chicken in Chipoltle season mix.

Grill the chicken on BBQ ( I cube mine ahead of time) You can grill it whole and break it up though.

Grill seperately of course the peppers and onions.

Layer just as you would tacos or fajitas. It's a combo of both. Very good and lower in fat.

Enjoy! Oh and my kids loved them!:) Less mess in the kitchen too.

“**** JOHN VIS ******* ”

Since: Sep 07

"bringin the heat"

#127 Aug 14, 2008
Heres a crowd pleaser: Take a 2-3 lb fresh bottom eye round roast...........rollit in egg and milk, then rollit in flour, repeat this twice. Set Oven at 350 degrees......grease a frying pan (you'll use it once meat has cooked) place meat in center of pan, place in oven for about 1 1/2 hours at that temp. (longer if you want it well done (Yech).....Take it out and place this fine flakey crusted piece of deliciousness on a platter and cover to keep warm while you quicky add a little more flour and water to your alraedy hot frying pan you just used to cook the bottom eye in....make your gravy......serve with salad, buscuits or rolls and a vegetable or baked potatoe...this is GOOD...easy and Good.

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#128 Aug 14, 2008
This was copied off the internet. I DID NOT WRITE THIS! JUST COPIED IT HERE...

MOMMY'S BROWNIES

Here's a recipe to make Mom's famous brownies!
(when I read this, I thought it was only one child, but it's 2...lol)

Remove teddy bear from oven and preheat oven to 375^.
Melt 1 cup margarine in saucepan.
Remove teddy bear from oven and tell Jr. "no, no."
Add margarine to 2 cups sugar.
Take shortening can away from Jr and clean cupboards.
Measure 1/3 cup cocoa.
Take shortening can away from Billy again and bathe cat.

Apply antiseptic and bandages to scratches sustained while removing shortening from cat's tail.
Assemble 4 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla, and 1 1/2 cups sifted flour.
Take smoldering teddy bear from oven and open all doors and windows for ventilation.
Take telephone away from Jr and assure party on line the call was a mistake. Call operator and attempt to have direct dialed call removed from bill.

Measure 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 cups nuts, and beat all ingredients well.
Let cat out of refrigerator.
Pour mixture into well-greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake 25 minutes.
Rescue cat and take razor away from Billy.
Explain to kids that you have no idea if shaved cats will sunburn.
Throw cat outside while there's still time and he's able to run away.

Frosting;
Mix the following in saucepan:
1 cup sugar
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup margarine

Take the %#$&^ teddy bear out of the @%$*%& broiler and throw it away -- far away.

Answer the door and meekly explain to nice policeman that you didn't know Jr had slipped out of the house and was heading for the street.

Put Jr in playpen.
Add 1/3 cup milk, dash of salt, and boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
Answer door and apologize to neighbor for Billy having stuck a garden hose in man's front door mail slot. Promise to pay for ruined carpet.

Tie Billy ton clothesline.
Remove burned brownies from oven.

YUMMY!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#129 Aug 14, 2008
gearhead wrote:
for more of whiskey fun try my
cocoa burbon balls
1 cup fine crushed vanilla wafer
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tblsp cocoa
2 tblsp light corn syrup
1/4 cup boubon,rum or brandy
mix dry ingredents together add syrup and whiskey mix well with wet hands shape into 1 ich balls roll in granulated sugar store in air tight contaner. you can chill if desired.
makes 30-36
My kids love these. I lost my recipe so this is perfect.

Since: Dec 07

Hayes, VA

#130 Aug 14, 2008
Crazy Stacey wrote:
<quoted text>My kids love these. I lost my recipe so this is perfect.
unless kids are of age I would make this without the whiskey. no harm or fight wanted and not telling you how to do anything just a suggestion.

Edmonton, Canada

#131 Aug 14, 2008
gearhead wrote:
<quoted text>unless kids are of age I would make this without the whiskey. no harm or fight wanted and not telling you how to do anything just a suggestion.
I am going to try this with Dominican Rum it is the best.

Cleveland, TN

#132 Aug 24, 2008
kday1_200 wrote:
Kitty-Litter Cake,
Great recipe!! Looks great when finished..
you got to see the picture, so e-mail me for it and be sure reference "Kitty-Litter Cake.
It is eatable!!
This tried-and-true Halloween party favorite resembles a freshly-used pan of kitty litter. The disgusting appearance is further enhanced by presenting the cake in a litter box (unused, of course!) and serving it with a cat litter scoop (also unused!). Placing cat toys nearby is optional. Picture the look on the faces of your guests as you proudly point to it and exclaim "I made it myself! Dig in everybody!" This photo & recipe courtesy of fabulousfoods.com .
1 spice or German-chocolate cake mix

1 white cake mix

2 large packages instant vanilla pudding

1 large package of vanilla or lemon sandwich cookies

Green food coloring (optional - blue food coloring)

1 dozen small Tootsie Rolls®

1 new kitty litter pan

1 new kitty litter scoop

Prepare the cake mixes, using any size or shape of pan, according to package directions and allow to cool to room temperature.

Prepare pudding mix according to package directions and chill until ready to assemble the cake.

Crush the sandwich cookies in small batches into a food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup of cookie crumbs, add a few drops of green food coloring, perhaps a drop of blue and mix until completely and thoroughly colored.

When the cake is cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Add 1/2 of the uncolored cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. IMPORTANT: mix in just enough pudding to moisten and hold the mixture together. Too much pudding will render the finished cake too soggy. Gently fold to combine.

Spoon the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box and smooth the top.

Heat three Tootsie Rolls® in the microwave until soft and pliable. Shape the ends so they're no longer blunt, but rounded and slightly curved. You know the effect you're trying to achieve! Repeat with three more Tootsie Rolls®. Stick these six Tootsie Rolls® in the cake/pudding/cookie mixture.

Sprinkle the remaining uncolored cookie crumbs over the top of the cake/pudding/cookie mixture. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top - the idea is to make it resemble the colored chlorophyll / deodorizer particles found in kitty litter.

Heat five Tootsie Rolls® in the microwave until almost melted, then scrape them onto the top of the cake and drag through and/or sprinkle with some of the cookie crumbs. Heat the last Tootsie Roll® in the microwave until pliable, then stick it over the side of the litter box and sprinkle lightly with the cookie crumbs.

Place a sheet of newspaper on your serving table, place the kitty litter box in the center and sprinkle with some of the cookie crumbs on the newspaper. Place the kitty litter scoop on or next to the little box.

Enjoy!

Variation
Bake both cakes in 13 x 9 pans, following the directions on the box. When cool, carefully remove the cakes from their pans. Instead of breaking up the cake into pieces, carefully slice each cake in half horizontally (Using a sawing motion with a piece of thread or dental floss sometimes works better for this instead of a knife!) and alternate layers of cake and pudding in the litter box, finishing with pudding and then follow the steps above for the Tootsie Rolls® and cookie crumb topping.

----------

for a picture go to:
http://www.goblinville.com/pages/recipes/kitt...

“He went belly up!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Dont credit yourself so highly

#133 Aug 24, 2008
Kday1_200 that is gross and funny!

My kids would have a stroke if I left that sitting on the table!
LOL

Think I'll do just that.

XD

“Live Free or Die”

Hooksett, NH

#134 Aug 24, 2008
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be the first request...I apologize for NOT contributing..YET...I have been trying for years to find a recipe that I loved. I believe it was on the Minute Rice box years ago..It was for stuffed peppers using Minute Rice, tomato juice and that is all I remember. Many fancy Stuffed Pepper recipes have come and gone but I miss the taste of that one recipe..Thanks a lot..
Is this the recipe?

Prep Time:
15 minTotal Time:
55 minMakes:
4 servings1 lb. ground beef 1 large onion, chopped 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce, divided 1-1/4 cups water, divided 1 env. GOOD SEASONS Garlic & Herb Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked 4 large green peppers BROWN meat with onion in large skillet on medium heat. Stir in 1 cup of the tomato sauce, 1 cup of the water and the salad dressing mix. Bring to boil. Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min.

MEANWHILE, preheat oven to 400°F. Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds. Mix remaining tomato sauce and remaining 1/4 cup water in bottom of 9-inch baking dish. Place peppers in baking dish. Spoon meat mixture into peppers; cover with foil.

BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until peppers are tender. Spoon sauce from bottom of dish over peppers just before serving.

Cleveland, TN

#135 Aug 24, 2008
Rebecca Goodwin wrote:
Kday1_200 that is gross and funny!
My kids would have a stroke if I left that sitting on the table!
LOL
Think I'll do just that.
XD
glad you like the recipe..
i haven't made it yet but i will,
at thanksgiving or x-mas........ catch all of them off gaurd.
I love it.

good luck with it, teach them kids a thing or two..lol

that would be great memories if you do it the right way. they will never forget the day "mom made them eat cat litter"

love it........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 43,332
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Crazy Jae 169,148
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 7 min Crazy Jae 5,519
The Letter B (Jun '09) 11 min andet1987 5,350
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 26 min Old Sam 19,506
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 27 min Old Sam 9,450
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 27 min Old Sam 5,103
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 52 min andet1987 591
More from around the web