Recipe Exchange - Please share or req...

Recipe Exchange - Please share or request and recipes you want

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#1 Aug 12, 2008
By request I've started a recipe exchange thread. Please feel free to post and share great recipes, not so great recipes, even disgusting recipes if you wish (after all this is the Offbeat Forum).

If you're looking for recipes please post your requests as well.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#2 Aug 12, 2008
twl:

I will post a fabulous recipe for true Hungarian "gyulas" first chance I get.:)

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#3 Aug 12, 2008
Gulyás Leves (Goulash soup)

Ingredients
1 large Onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 teasp Paprika
Salt and Pepper
400g/14oz Stewing Beef, cut into cubes
1 Green Capsicum (sweet pepper), chopped
100g/4oz Carrot, sliced
100g/4oz Parsley Root or Parsnips, sliced
300g/11oz Potatoes, cut into chunks
1 Tomato, chopped
1 teasp Caraway seed
1.5L/50fl.oz. Water

Instructions

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and sauté until softened.

2. Sprinkle the paprika over the onions then add the beef, salt, pepper, green pepper and tomato. Mix well, reduce the heat to very low, cover and cook very gently for 45 minutes, stirring from time to time.

3. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well then cover and continue to cook for a further 45 minutes. Serve hot.

Since: Dec 07

Decatur, TN

#4 Aug 12, 2008
Kitty-Litter Cake,

Great recipe!! Looks great when finished..

you got to see the picture, so e-mail me for it and be sure reference "Kitty-Litter Cake.

It is eatable!!

twl

“Just call me T”

Since: Jul 08

omaha

#5 Aug 12, 2008
victoria1 wrote:
Gulyás Leves (Goulash soup)
Ingredients
1 large Onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 teasp Paprika
Salt and Pepper
400g/14oz Stewing Beef, cut into cubes
1 Green Capsicum (sweet pepper), chopped
100g/4oz Carrot, sliced
100g/4oz Parsley Root or Parsnips, sliced
300g/11oz Potatoes, cut into chunks
1 Tomato, chopped
1 teasp Caraway seed
1.5L/50fl.oz. Water
Instructions
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and sauté until softened.
2. Sprinkle the paprika over the onions then add the beef, salt, pepper, green pepper and tomato. Mix well, reduce the heat to very low, cover and cook very gently for 45 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well then cover and continue to cook for a further 45 minutes. Serve hot.
That looks very good! I can't wait to try it!

twl

“Just call me T”

Since: Jul 08

omaha

#6 Aug 12, 2008
Well it appears that this thread is going extremely slow. I'm gonna throw another one out there. This one is quite possibly the easiest thing I've ever made. It's a bit of a 'french dip' the easy way.

One good sized beef roast,
one 12 ounce can of light beer
one can of campbells french onion soup
one block beef bulion (sp?)
garlic powder to taste
season salt to taste.

Put the roast in the crock pot add can o beer and can o soup and the season salt and the garlic powder. Cook until soft to cut. I like to cook mine until it shreds, but you can do how you want. Use the 'juice' for your au jus

Its good stuff!!

Gloucester, VA

#7 Aug 12, 2008
Don't look so shocked your "gear" man likes to cook.

one of my specials that I do once a year posting cake first will post glaze after.

southern comfort cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup veg. oil
1 cup chopped fine walnuts (opt)

combine cake ingredients in large bowl beat at med. speed for 2 min. pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube or 12 inch bundt pan bake at 325 for 1 hour(oven time will vary on gas/propane fired ovens) set on rack to cool.

glaze is next

Gloucester, VA

#8 Aug 12, 2008
DANG IT ADD 3/4 CUP SOUTHREN COMFORT WHISKEY TO ABOVE WHEN BLENDING CAKE!

for glaze
1/2 stick of butter
1/8 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Southren comfort whiskey

melt butter in suacepan add water and sugar boil for 3 min. stirring constantly add whiskey stir again for one more minute remove and allow to cool slightly. invert cake and prick top pour glaze over cake.

don't eat and drive

Gloucester, VA

#9 Aug 12, 2008
I have many more from both of my grandmothers, one was 100% Italian. just ask.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#10 Aug 12, 2008
gearhead wrote:
Don't look so shocked your "gear" man likes to cook.
one of my specials that I do once a year posting cake first will post glaze after.
southern comfort cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup veg. oil
1 cup chopped fine walnuts (opt)
combine cake ingredients in large bowl beat at med. speed for 2 min. pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube or 12 inch bundt pan bake at 325 for 1 hour(oven time will vary on gas/propane fired ovens) set on rack to cool.
glaze is next
Hey GH, I never heard of this before. I should try this for my husband.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#11 Aug 12, 2008
Recipe request:
Does anyone have a recipe for scones. My dad loves them and I was going to look it up on the internet but I will ask here also.

sand springs, okla

#12 Aug 12, 2008
i need recipes that have no salt or low sodium. the hubby(only 46) had a heart attack in may and is on a no salt or low sodium diet. nothing out of a can. i use mrs dash and fresh herbs but, im still new at this anything will help..

Gloucester, VA

#13 Aug 12, 2008
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
this was done for an electric oven when I moved I now have a gas oven yep burned the first one to a crisp so about after 45 min check the cake every few untill you get no residue on a knife.

Gloucester, VA

#14 Aug 12, 2008
jrock3rules wrote:
i need recipes that have no salt or low sodium. the hubby(only 46) had a heart attack in may and is on a no salt or low sodium diet. nothing out of a can. i use mrs dash and fresh herbs but, im still new at this anything will help..
stick with fresh veggies and produce also give www.foodtv.com a try that is food network some of those folks cook nothing but low carb and salt free good luck.

Gloucester, VA

#15 Aug 12, 2008
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
dumb dumb me for got to post the whikey with the cake HA HA at least my posts are one right after the other.

sand springs, okla

#16 Aug 12, 2008
gearhead wrote:
<quoted text> stick with fresh veggies and produce also give www.foodtv.com a try that is food network some of those folks cook nothing but low carb and salt free good luck.
thanks , forget about the food network..

“Only dead fish go w/ the flow”

Since: Jun 08

Bronxville, NY

#17 Aug 12, 2008
Risotto

1 cup Arborio rice
1 cup white wine (warm)
2 cups chicken broth (warm)

I never really measure the rest of the ingredients, it just depends on how much you want of each although don’t add tons

Diced yellow onions
Diced roasted chicken -warmed
Asparagus - in bit sized pieces
Sun dried tomatoes – again, bite sized pieces
Shredded Parmesan cheese – none of the powdered stuff please

Melt a little butter with some olive oil in a large pot. Add the diced onions and sweat for a couple of minutes. Add the rice and stir, letting the rice and onions mix together for another minute or so.

Add the warm white wine and stir. Add the asparagus now if not already cooked. Stir frequently until the liquid is absorbed. The temperature should keep the liquids simmering but not boiling.

Add the first cup of warm chicken broth and the diced sun dried tomatoes. Again stir frequently until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add the next cup of chicken broth and continue to stir.

Add the chicken.

The rice will be done when it is no longer “crunchy”. The consistency should be creamy and basically all the liquid will be gone. This will take about 30-35 mins.

You may need to add more warm liquid if it’s all been absorbed but the rice is not done. Add a little bit at a time either the wine or the broth your choice.

When ready to serve stir in the cheese.

Risotto is not as hard as I first thought. I found I did not need to stir it continuously, but I wouldn’t walk away from it for more than a couple of minutes.

The real secret is to have everything warm before adding it. If anything is cold, it will still work but it will take a lot longer as everything has to get back up to temperature.

“Why, O, Why”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Seasons Change

#18 Aug 12, 2008
victoria1 wrote:
By request I've started a recipe exchange thread. Please feel free to post and share great recipes, not so great recipes, even disgusting recipes if you wish (after all this is the Offbeat Forum).
If you're looking for recipes please post your requests as well.
I may be the first request...I apologize for NOT contributing..YET...I have been trying for years to find a recipe that I loved. I believe it was on the Minute Rice box years ago..It was for stuffed peppers using Minute Rice, tomato juice and that is all I remember. Many fancy Stuffed Pepper recipes have come and gone but I miss the taste of that one recipe..Thanks a lot..

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19 Aug 12, 2008
gearhead wrote:
<quoted text> dumb dumb me for got to post the whikey with the cake HA HA at least my posts are one right after the other.
LOL - yes I saw it. Thanks

“Airborne mama on a oneway trip”

Littlerock, Ca

#20 Aug 12, 2008
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be the first request...I apologize for NOT contributing..YET...I have been trying for years to find a recipe that I loved. I believe it was on the Minute Rice box years ago..It was for stuffed peppers using Minute Rice, tomato juice and that is all I remember. Many fancy Stuffed Pepper recipes have come and gone but I miss the taste of that one recipe..Thanks a lot..
I went on the minute rice recipe site and found this link. I hope it helps
http://www.minuterice.com/en-us/recipes/2493/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 7 min tiger_-_dad 150,822
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 9 min Geno 32,067
Caught on video 3 29 min Jackie 258
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 29 min cathouse cowboy 17,992
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min Jackie 225,972
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 33 min Jackie 13,339
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 43 min Pardon Pard 1,032
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 6 hr Joi C 2,452
News The Earth is making a very weird noise, and sci... 7 hr andet1987 3
More from around the web