Unknown Andersen fairy tale found

Dec 13, 2012 Full story: WIVB-TV Buffalo 28

A Danish historian says he has discovered a copy of what is believed to be a previously unknown fairy tale written by Hans Christian Andersen.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 13, 2012
Disney is saved!
Elton John

Medford, NY

#2 Dec 13, 2012
I love fairy tails!!!

Level 6

Location hidden

#3 Dec 13, 2012
Elton John wrote:
I love fairy tails!!!
Say, Elton, I loved that song of yours. You know, the 'wind beneath my seat' tune? It really speaks to me.

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 13, 2012
I use to have the complete collection..LOL

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Elton John wrote:
I love fairy tails!!!
Especially The Ugly Duckling and Thumbelina.
Protoham

Westminster, MD

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Once upon a time there was a snake, his name was Barack, he was a smooth talking snake who was able to convince many people that he could save them from themselves. The people believe him and made him King. King Barack sent his word upon the land that all would have free health insurance and the people cheered. And then he gave the people Cash for Clunkers and the people cheered. Then free Cell Phones, and food stamps and the people cheered. But what the people did not realize was, that King Barack was printing money faster and faster and their life savings was becoming worth less and less.

... You finish the story!

Level 6

Location hidden

#7 Dec 13, 2012
Protoham wrote:
Once upon a time there was a snake, his name was Barack, he was a smooth talking snake who was able to convince many people that he could save them from themselves. The people believe him and made him King. King Barack sent his word upon the land that all would have free health insurance and the people cheered. And then he gave the people Cash for Clunkers and the people cheered. Then free Cell Phones, and food stamps and the people cheered. But what the people did not realize was, that King Barack was printing money faster and faster and their life savings was becoming worth less and less.
... You finish the story!
Eventually people had to choose between electricity and phone/internet service. They started freezing. Then those who owned three cars started driving places together and having to waitfor eachother for longer than an hour without being able to afford a haircut or a frosty while they waited. Then when babies cried they got punched into the ground...basically.

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Williamston, MI

#8 Dec 13, 2012
Hans is quite sadistic in his children's tales.
I do have all of his stories.
Two holiday books are ... The Matchstick Girl? Maybe ... and The Fir Tree? I think. I'll tell you for sure when I get home.
They could make a child cry.

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9 Dec 13, 2012
The King had borrowed without end from the Chinese Piper. The King largely disbanded his Armed Forces. Then came the day to pay the Piper. The King tried to bargain and reason with the Piper. The Piper had a puppet that launched a nuclear strike and drew the over-extended nation into an Asian land war, her remaining soldiers dashed upon the rocky shores of the North Puppet. The once great Nation was in chaos, the King was exposed as a spineless coward, but it was too late for any hero. The Piper and His Allies took what was owed, and more, the once great Nation was weak and vulnerable. It was akin to the sacking of Rome. A great Darkness swept over the whole of the Earth.

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Williamston, MI

#10 Dec 13, 2012
http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/The...

In his original version of The Little Mermaid she is turned into a mute and her legs make her feel as though she is walking on swords. The Prince marries someone else and she dissolves into seafoam.

Level 6

Location hidden

#11 Dec 13, 2012
My friend read me the matchstick girl before...she had the Hans Christian Anderson (I stuck with Grimms)... We all know she freezes to death alone and is described as suddenly feeling warm and cared for and in a place she's always dreamed about.

Level 6

Location hidden

#12 Dec 13, 2012
Naughtyrobot wrote:
The King had borrowed without end from the Chinese Piper. The King largely disbanded his Armed Forces. Then came the day to pay the Piper. The King tried to bargain and reason with the Piper. The Piper had a puppet that launched a nuclear strike and drew the over-extended nation into an Asian land war, her remaining soldiers dashed upon the rocky shores of the North Puppet. The once great Nation was in chaos, the King was exposed as a spineless coward, but it was too late for any hero. The Piper and His Allies took what was owed, and more, the once great Nation was weak and vulnerable. It was akin to the sacking of Rome. A great Darkness swept over the whole of the Earth.
Everyone tried to get into prison but only doing what was right was considered wrong...so no one could make it...and eventually someone did the right thing by accident and no one recognized that it was the right thing so they didn't get arrested.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#13 Dec 13, 2012
QuiteCrazy wrote:
I use to have the complete collection..LOL
Minus one?
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#14 Dec 13, 2012
"There once was a young man from Kent..." was always my favorite.

Level 6

Location hidden

#15 Dec 13, 2012
DonkeyEstonkey wrote:
"There once was a young man from Kent..." was always my favorite.
How did it end?
Burt Reynolds

Medford, NY

#16 Dec 13, 2012
Any relation to Loni?

Level 6

Location hidden

#17 Dec 13, 2012
Burt Reynolds wrote:
Any relation to Loni?
Or her brother, Louis?
Mrs Crabtree

Medford, NY

#18 Dec 13, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
How did it end?
With a period. Just look again, you'll see it.

Level 6

Location hidden

#19 Dec 13, 2012
I'm confused. Maybe this candy cane is the wrong flavor after all.
Sam

Arnold, MO

#20 Dec 13, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vae rk/hersholt/TheLittleMermaid_e .html
In his original version of The Little Mermaid she is turned into a mute and her legs make her feel as though she is walking on swords. The Prince marries someone else and she dissolves into seafoam.
True. I wish ACTUAL versons of fairy tales were read to kids or kids allow to read them then the Dinsey bullshit.

I read reviews from Japanese Children's Favorite Stories's by Florence Sakade and Yoshisuke Kurosaki once Amazon and parents were acting like the world was ending because it wasn't censor like other fairy tales like Andersen's and Grimms books were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blame it on....??? (Aug '13) 17 min SLY WEST 28
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 18 min whatimeisit 340
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 20 min wichita-rick 24,062
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 33 min whatimeisit 6,639
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 39 min whatimeisit 7,191
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 42 min Chimney1 128,024
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 151,192
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 1 hr Mega Monster 500
Internal Server Errors 3 hr TALLYHO 8541 40
Man attaches lamb chop to balloon, sends it int... 8 hr Yes lts Me 12