Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

I love White Linen, it makes me feel pretty.
Karl Lagerfeld

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Harrison Freebird wrote:
Shalimar is a perfume I've found the senior ladies like......to me the smell makes me want to hurl. About 10 or so years ago when I still smoked I was one day happily playing (no one setting next to me) a slot machine at Harrahs in Las Vegas, down sets right next to me an old blue hair who smelled like she took a bath in Shalimar. What to do. I had been winning, didn't want to leave the machine just yet and wasn't in the mood to hurl from this rude womans smell.....I lit up a cig and blew the smoke directly in her face until she moved. Was it rude yes on both our parts, however she was the one who chose to set next to yours truly.
she didn't leave because of the smoke you so rudely blew in her face, it was because you smell like ass.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

Harrison Freebird wrote:
Shalimar is a perfume I've found the senior ladies like......to me the smell makes me want to hurl. About 10 or so years ago when I still smoked I was one day happily playing (no one setting next to me) a slot machine at Harrahs in Las Vegas, down sets right next to me an old blue hair who smelled like she took a bath in Shalimar. What to do. I had been winning, didn't want to leave the machine just yet and wasn't in the mood to hurl from this rude womans smell.....I lit up a cig and blew the smoke directly in her face until she moved. Was it rude yes on both our parts, however she was the one who chose to set next to yours truly.
I'm guessing you don't have many friends, do you?

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

how about Heaven Scent and Chantilly?

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Level 4

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Lalique is quite old. Haven''t come across it in a long time. Do they still make it?

I loved a perfume that they stopped making years ago.
It was either Anne Klein or Anne Klein 11. One is still being made. And I don't like that one.

Since: Nov 09

Northeast Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

The very first fragrance I ever received, was a bottle of Primitif by Max Factor in a Sophisti-cat presentation.

It had a velvety black cat with pink rhinestone eyes, a "pearl" necklace and a small pink feather on the back of the cat.

The bottle was strapped to the cat, and it was covered by a clear plastic dome with a loop of silky string on top.

They came in different colors. This link to ebaystatic.com has a picture that looks like the one I had.

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/m/mR-lRqv2mkn09...
smile

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

I use to love the smell of Galore and Aromatics that my grandmother use to wear. My mom use to wear Poison and Halston. Always brings back childhod memories.

“... SUMMER TIME ...”

Since: Aug 08

AND THE LIVIN IS EAZY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

... my grandma wore vicks and on dress up days a splash of bay rum ...
60s chic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

20 years ago or so, Shalimar was a popular perfume. I liberally splashed this stuff on, not realizing how powerfully strong it was. I wore it to work one day and someone reported me. My boss told me that this person is sensitive and has allergies. I could have taken it personally, but having allergies myself, I understood. Strange that the scent didn't bother me hardly at all. The point is, with strong perfumes, a little dab will do. But for some perfumes, they're best worn for evening. I go for the lighter scents now, but only the ones I think will last. So many perfume companies have changed their formulas and left out a few important ingredients that first made their perfumes so popular. It's a shame because I had to give up a perfume that I used for many years. Almost everyone complimented me when I wore "Morning Dew" by Annie Oakley. Then they changed the packaging - and the formula. Now it's like putting on dishwater. The scent lasts but a few minutes, and then it's gone. Another scent I really loved was Gucci One. Unfortunately it was discontinued some time ago. I've been searching for a signature scent, but haven't yet found it. I do like CK, though. Very fresh and has a citrus scent. I also like Eternity. My daughter loves Opium but it's too strong for me. I have a bunch of perfumes I ordered online but don't care for most of them. Perry Ellis isn't bad. I still have a full bottle of Juicy Couture but I don't like it. The bottle is pretty though.

Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Mitsuoko and Samsara

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cachet.

Do they still make it..
I wonder???
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

chanel 5

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Desert Flower

Tigress

Arpege

Chanel 22

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Colorado Chick wrote:
Cachet.
Do they still make it..
I wonder???
I thought I saw it at WalMart or KMart/
;)

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

In high school (80's), my best friend wore Aviance. Remember that commercial? Bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan. I loved the way it smelled.( Not the bacon.) I looked for it for years after that, but could only find Aviance Night Musk.

“Never summon "Anything" ....”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

..... you can't banish, lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

[QUOTE who=";)"]In high school (80's), my best friend wore Aviance. Remember that commercial? Bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan. I loved the way it smelled.( Not the bacon.) I looked for it for years after that, but could only find Aviance Night Musk.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that was Enjoli, by Revlon. Aviance was a Prince Matchabelli fragrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
60s chic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

I have so many perfumes and don't like most of them, even some pricy ones. Chanel no.#5 isn't bad, though. I use 'Eternity', CK1, Perry Ellis60, L'Air Du Temps, because I can tolerate those scents, but they're boring and I've grown tired of them. I find that most perfumes are either too over powering, to weak, too musky, too sweet or flowery. There should be a balance in there somewhere. I've always wanted to try 'Philosophy', but since it's an older perfume, I'm not sure I can even get it anymore. Some salesclerk was wearing it and I loved the scent.

“Beware ye of the dragon's lair”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

for ye are juicy medium rare

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

60s chic wrote:
I have so many perfumes and don't like most of them, even some pricy ones. Chanel no.#5 isn't bad, though. I use 'Eternity', CK1, Perry Ellis60, L'Air Du Temps, because I can tolerate those scents, but they're boring and I've grown tired of them. I find that most perfumes are either too over powering, to weak, too musky, too sweet or flowery. There should be a balance in there somewhere. I've always wanted to try 'Philosophy', but since it's an older perfume, I'm not sure I can even get it anymore. Some salesclerk was wearing it and I loved the scent.
YSL has some good clean smelling fragrances.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search...
The one is blue, Rive Gaush, is wonderful, but hard to find.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Dragon Love wrote:
<quoted text>
YSL has some good clean smelling fragrances.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search...
The one is blue, Rive Gaush, is wonderful, but hard to find.
Thank you. Have you ever checked out Fragrance.com ? They have a ton of perfumes and there are some older ones still available. I don't believe they have Philosophy, though. I'll have to check and see if they have Blue.

“Beware ye of the dragon's lair”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

for ye are juicy medium rare

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Have you ever checked out Fragrance.com ? They have a ton of perfumes and there are some older ones still available. I don't believe they have Philosophy, though. I'll have to check and see if they have Blue.
I worked in a fragrance boutique, GREAT JOB, lol. We sold make-up, hair products, nail items, but over half the store carried perfumes. From Charlie to Cartier or Chantilly to Chloe, we carried it all, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301 - 320 of326
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

180 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min CJ Rocker 140,296
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 10 min Phaerae 12,923
What is the meaning of life? 11 min Spirit67_ 4
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min Charles Idemi 111,595
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 18 min curiouslu 53,687
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 19 min curiouslu 3,101
Word Association (Jun '10) 20 min curiouslu 25,768
How to become Unbannable 34 min Denny CranesPlace 57
Bizarre Angelina Jolie video emerges online 59 min Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 2