Favorite old perfumes

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#286 May 16, 2012
all my perfumes stink anymore. dont know if its me or what, but even the new one i got recently just smells odd to me..

actually everything smells weird anymore. guess its time to report that one to my doctor. lol

“Celebrating ”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

#287 May 16, 2012
PFfff wrote:
all my perfumes stink anymore. dont know if its me or what, but even the new one i got recently just smells odd to me..
actually everything smells weird anymore. guess its time to report that one to my doctor. lol
When you get a bottle you like, keep the box and store it in a dark place. Light leaches out the fragrance and leaves you with nothing but the base [email protected]

Location hidden

#288 May 16, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get a bottle you like, keep the box and store it in a dark place. Light leaches out the fragrance and leaves you with nothing but the base [email protected]
yeah actually i did do just that, so it must be me. it is strange though and i feel silly even mentioning it to the doctor, plus i aint spending the money to go for a visit unless i absolutely have to. they've got enough money outta me lately. lol

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#289 May 16, 2012
CoCo Chanel, Halston (the original) and Calvin Klein (the original). I also loved White Shoulders, but I think you can still get that classic scent!
Let them marry

Albemarle, NC

#290 May 16, 2012
Jovan Island Gardenia!!!!!!!!

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#291 May 16, 2012
AVON Heres My Heart
Marsha

Newton, IA

#292 Jul 25, 2012
My favorites were Tabu, Ambush, and Tigress. Tabu is still around but not the others and how I miss them.

Level 9

Location hidden

#293 Jul 26, 2012
I do think you can find Ambush on line. I liked Tigress also and it was made by Fabrege.....there was afew more they made also.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#294 Jul 26, 2012
White Shoulders was always nice. Now I'm allergic to most perfumes.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#295 Jul 26, 2012
Anything that doesn't make my eyes water.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#296 Jul 26, 2012
rebecca in conyers wrote:
I'm a Halston fan from way back, Shalimar is another one I love, mmmmmm and Joy.
What old fragrances did you gals use to wear?
Anyone remember Royal Secret, Galore, Anaiis Anaiis, Chloe', and Youth Dew?
Sheoooweee, we sure could stink it up!
Hi rebecca in conyers. Shalimar was the first one I thought of. I love Youth Dew and have a bottle at home. It is super strong so I just need a little bit.

Another favorite is Opium. LOVE IT!! I wanted to buy some more recently, but when I sprayed a bit on my wrist, it smells different.

Level 9

Location hidden

#297 Jul 29, 2012
as much as I like perfume I doubt I could work in a cosmetic section of a store. All the combined smells make me cough and give me a headache

“LADY WARRIOR”

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

THUG HUNTER

#298 Jul 29, 2012
Evening in Paris

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

U.K

#299 Jul 29, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.lushusa.com/Tramp/9999900621,en_US...
To be honest I'd never heard of it. It does sound interesting.
Yes i remember Tramp. It was a bit like a cross between Charlie and Chanel number 5.
Wirlwind

Birmingham, AL

#300 Jul 31, 2012
I loved Halston and still do. My favorite fragrance in high school was WindSong. I still love it. I also loved one called Straw Hat by Faberge. Both were cheap, but I loved them. I also loved Royal Secret and I just got a bottle of that recently. Still smells good!

“We don't care how you do it..”

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

.Miami

#301 Jul 31, 2012
I remember my Grandmother buying something called Skinny Dip every year for me and my sisters.
It became a joke after we received the same thing every year..
I wear 2 this day Musk by Alyssa Ashley,it smells so clean and 2 this day Men,Women,what 2 know what it is..
ana

United States

#302 Jul 31, 2012
Mystere, Rochas

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#303 Aug 1, 2012
Anyone remember Jean Nate? I think it was more like an after bath/shower splash-on cologne that was sold in drug stores. Not as strong, or expensive, as perfume.

Location hidden

#304 Aug 1, 2012
Gail Snail wrote:
Anyone remember Jean Nate? I think it was more like an after bath/shower splash-on cologne that was sold in drug stores. Not as strong, or expensive, as perfume.
yep
i didnt like it though.
one year for christmas my mom got me this hugh bottle too. lol
ugh...

i used it for her sake, just put it on my legs so i couldnt smell it myself. lol
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#305 Aug 1, 2012
Shalimar is a perfume I've found the senior ladies like......to me the smell makes me want to hurl. About 10 or so years ago when I still smoked I was one day happily playing (no one setting next to me) a slot machine at Harrahs in Las Vegas, down sets right next to me an old blue hair who smelled like she took a bath in Shalimar. What to do. I had been winning, didn't want to leave the machine just yet and wasn't in the mood to hurl from this rude womans smell.....I lit up a cig and blew the smoke directly in her face until she moved. Was it rude yes on both our parts, however she was the one who chose to set next to yours truly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min grace f a l l e n 223,408
Let's Play Song Titles With Only Three Words,... (Dec '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 705
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 24,566
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 1 hr Vince 780
News Weird 7 mins ago 7:30 p.m.Tractor-trailer makes... 1 hr Xstain Spot Remover 3
News Weird 3 hour ago 10:29 a.m.FEMA tweets wrong nu... 2 hr Xstain Spot Remover 7
News Some of earliest US landscape photos coming to ... 2 hr Xstain Spot Remover 2
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 hr F_R_E_D aka Ohio Sam 27,380
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 6 hr Poo Bears 6,064
Things that make life eaiser... (Apr '15) 6 hr TheJerseyDevil 969
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 7 hr a_visitor 2,346
More from around the web