Goats Milk with Princess

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#46615 Apr 30, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Kentucky also for the grackles--all of the migratory birds are federally protected. Oh well, most of the time they move on--don't stay too long anyhow.
Most of the time, there are a few hummingbirds that come in as scouts, but we don't have a whole lot of hummingbirds until after they hatch, then I can't keep the feeders full. The only one we have around here is the ruby throat--I've had up to 80 at the feeders at the same time. Since Katrina though--not as many--I'm wondering if the hurricanes affected them some how--probably their migration route or something. Oh well, they'll bounce back, things always do. In the meantime we've got the rose-breasted grosbeak, indigo buntings, and Baltimore Orioles to feed.
Have a great day.
The sun is peeping over the window sill and your coffee is ready your royalness. 80 hummingbirds? WOW . How many feeders do you have ? About 2 weeks ago I saw the first pair come in. A little early it seems. I do love watching them fight and defend their feeders. They have no fear of us at all and will buzz right over your head. What a delight in life to watch humming birds. Do you know why they hum????????? They don't know the words :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#46616 Apr 30, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Kentucky also for the grackles--all of the migratory birds are federally protected. Oh well, most of the time they move on--don't stay too long anyhow.
Most of the time, there are a few hummingbirds that come in as scouts, but we don't have a whole lot of hummingbirds until after they hatch, then I can't keep the feeders full. The only one we have around here is the ruby throat--I've had up to 80 at the feeders at the same time. Since Katrina though--not as many--I'm wondering if the hurricanes affected them some how--probably their migration route or something. Oh well, they'll bounce back, things always do. In the meantime we've got the rose-breasted grosbeak, indigo buntings, and Baltimore Orioles to feed.
Have a great day.
Good morning, Princess ... weather and climate has changed the course of a lot events, including migratory birds and such ... I guess we should accept it will either get better or worse, probably the latter ... don't mean to sound pessimistic, I'm not, but experience and reality seem to lean in that direction ... I think I'll get a h/bird feeder today ... maybe the rest of the pack will follow ... this one is itty bitty so maybe mama is hanging around with her other lil ones ...

Have a great day and enjoy yourself ... Love ~ FC ...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#46617 Apr 30, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The sun is peeping over the window sill and your coffee is ready your royalness. 80 hummingbirds? WOW . How many feeders do you have ? About 2 weeks ago I saw the first pair come in. A little early it seems. I do love watching them fight and defend their feeders. They have no fear of us at all and will buzz right over your head. What a delight in life to watch humming birds. Do you know why they hum????????? They don't know the words :)
Morning Denny, thanks for the coffee. We usually have 2 feeders, fill them up 2 to 3 times a day. Plus there's the flowers they hum on. I've got LOTS of flowers. I've had them eat out of the feeders while I was holding it.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46618 Apr 30, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, lets get this party started!!
(the great thing about parties here is, you can drink anything you want and do what ever you want and there are never any effects the next day!!!)
And you don't have to worry about driving home impaired either...lol

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46619 Apr 30, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Princess ... weather and climate has changed the course of a lot events, including migratory birds and such ... I guess we should accept it will either get better or worse, probably the latter ... don't mean to sound pessimistic, I'm not, but experience and reality seem to lean in that direction ... I think I'll get a h/bird feeder today ... maybe the rest of the pack will follow ... this one is itty bitty so maybe mama is hanging around with her other lil ones ...
Have a great day and enjoy yourself ... Love ~ FC ...
Hi Flower. No you don't sound pessimistic--I didn't think you knew the meaning of the word...lol. As far as the feeder goes, you know what they say, if you feed it, it will stay...lol

Enjoy your day.

Hearts, hugs, and hummingbirds....

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46620 May 1, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Morning Denny, thanks for the coffee. We usually have 2 feeders, fill them up 2 to 3 times a day. Plus there's the flowers they hum on. I've got LOTS of flowers. I've had them eat out of the feeders while I was holding it.
Good morning Princess . Your coffee is ready but I am having tea. I put up 4 feeders but have never had more than about a dozen at any one time. They are sure fun to watch. I hit the jackpot yesterday! I went to an estate sale last week my friends church was having. Everything was price way high. I saw a beautiful womans coat priced at $500. At a shop it would have been well worth the mone. My firend called and said for 2 hours everything was a dollar and they had to empty the house. I bought the coat and seven other highend coats for $8. I will put them in a consignment shop today. I do love a bargain :) I have lots of tents and camping gear to put up on Craigs list today.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46621 May 1, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Princess . Your coffee is ready but I am having tea. I put up 4 feeders but have never had more than about a dozen at any one time. They are sure fun to watch. I hit the jackpot yesterday! I went to an estate sale last week my friends church was having. Everything was price way high. I saw a beautiful womans coat priced at $500. At a shop it would have been well worth the mone. My firend called and said for 2 hours everything was a dollar and they had to empty the house. I bought the coat and seven other highend coats for $8. I will put them in a consignment shop today. I do love a bargain :) I have lots of tents and camping gear to put up on Craigs list today.
morning Denny, thanks for the coffee. Wow, you sure do good at estate sales, Denny. I NEVER find bargains like that.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46622 May 1, 2014
Good morning Realmers. Hope you are having a good day--whatever day it is--I've been so busy I've completely lost track of the days of the week. I know it's sometime between Monday and Friday......Got to get at it, in the words of the immortal white rabbit "No time to say hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late I'm late"

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#46623 May 1, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Flower. No you don't sound pessimistic--I didn't think you knew the meaning of the word...lol. As far as the feeder goes, you know what they say, if you feed it, it will stay...lol
Enjoy your day.
Hearts, hugs, and hummingbirds....
Good morning, Princess! Beautiful nice crisp cool morning here in the Hill Country ... so nice I've got to get outta here ... Play a little on the other side and I'll be back later ...

Have a beautiful day! Luvya, FC <3 ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46624 May 2, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>morning Denny, thanks for the coffee. Wow, you sure do good at estate sales, Denny. I NEVER find bargains like that.
That was my best find ever. I got about $1500 of stuff for $8. Now I am off to hit 3 community G sales

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#46625 May 2, 2014
Good morning Princess ... A late start this morning as I stayed out late last night ... 10:30p LOL ... the band was to play 7-9 and then changed 7-11p ... I left at 10 and hit they hey when I got home ... I really didn't plan on staying out that long ... it sure bytes getting old ... I missed the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley ... Now, my whole week is messed up, LOL ... Old habits die hard ... I had a good time and here is wishing you and yours and lovely weekend ... Have fun! Love, FC <3 ...

Hearts hugs and weekends!

“Hello Trump”

Level 7

Goodby Hillary

#46626 May 2, 2014
Derby time in Kentucky.... Place your bets. As usual Louisville will be full of Yankees,Carpetbaggers,rich tourists,celebrity types(who wanna be seen with OTHERS who wanna be seen) and gambling hopefuls..... No DECENT Kentuckian has been to Derby for almost 100 years. Its become a freak show for the mentioned above.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46628 May 4, 2014
okimar wrote:
Derby time in Kentucky.... Place your bets. As usual Louisville will be full of Yankees,Carpetbaggers,rich tourists,celebrity types(who wanna be seen with OTHERS who wanna be seen) and gambling hopefuls..... No DECENT Kentuckian has been to Derby for almost 100 years. Its become a freak show for the mentioned above.
What a great time to releave those Yankees of some of their money :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46630 May 5, 2014
try and keep up craine wrote:
<quoted text>You keep you criminal activities in Texas, Crane. Kentucky served refreshments to BOTH sides in the civil war!
They kept their slaves while the fought for the north too :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46631 May 5, 2014
Good morning Princess. The realm is at peace and the coffee is hot : )

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46632 May 5, 2014
Good morning Denny. Thanks for the coffee.....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46633 May 5, 2014
What a weekend--Ky Oaks (when Kentuckians DO go to the track) Ky Derby, Star Wars Day, and ending up with Cinco de Mayo (one of the few holidays with it's day in the name)

Whew! Now for a nice quiet week at work.......

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46634 May 5, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Princess! Beautiful nice crisp cool morning here in the Hill Country ... so nice I've got to get outta here ... Play a little on the other side and I'll be back later ...
Have a beautiful day! Luvya, FC <3 ...
Good morning Flower. Sorry I missed you. The weekend was spent watching horses, watching hats, watching birds..... A whole lot of watching going on....
How about yours?
Hugs and hearts.....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46635 May 5, 2014
okimar wrote:
Most of the Kentuckians that went were working--news guys and gals, concession people, and even Calvin Borel had to work.....

Anyway, see you next time I go into the living room

XOXOX

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46636 May 5, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>They kept their slaves while the fought for the north too :)
Gave birth to both presidents too. A commonwealth of dichotomies.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 4 min BITD 62,695
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 6 min whatimeisit 18,983
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min wichita-rick 230,147
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 28 min Pundit 1,130
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 51 min whatimeisit 3,849
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 55 min whatimeisit 14,031
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 hr wichita-rick 32,991
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Cadet 16,652