Goats Milk with Princess

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#46210 Feb 10, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi there Flower. I missed the Beatles last night. Just turned the tube off and did some reading.... Nice and quiet.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Hugs hearts, and beatles....
Good morning, Princess ... aw, sorry you missed the Beatles Tribute ... it was awesome ... Hippiechick taped it so maybe we could have a Beatles party and watch it sometime ... I had so much fun watching it ... it was a beautiful tribute ... I'm sure it would have triggered some good memories ... it did of the skating rink dancing to Beatles songs ... riding my bicycle home from a friends where we'd been listening to 45's Beatles songs sides A & B, or on our back patio listening to Beatles songs coming out of the intercom or playing 45's on my record player ... Those weren't the only 45's or LP's I had but there were so many Beatle's records they made sure made up the majority ... Needless to say it was just pure D plain old clean wholesome fun ... Hard to come by that these days and dare anyone try to take that away from us ... Harumph, LOL ...

Wishing you a warm safe and beautiful day pretty one ...

Hearts hugs and friendship ...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#46211 Feb 10, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Princess ... aw, sorry you missed the Beatles Tribute ... it was awesome ... Hippiechick taped it so maybe we could have a Beatles party and watch it sometime ... I had so much fun watching it ... it was a beautiful tribute ... I'm sure it would have triggered some good memories ... it did of the skating rink dancing to Beatles songs ... riding my bicycle home from a friends where we'd been listening to 45's Beatles songs sides A & B, or on our back patio listening to Beatles songs coming out of the intercom or playing 45's on my record player ... Those weren't the only 45's or LP's I had but there were so many Beatle's records they made sure made up the majority ... Needless to say it was just pure D plain old clean wholesome fun ... Hard to come by that these days and dare anyone try to take that away from us ... Harumph, LOL ...
Wishing you a warm safe and beautiful day pretty one ...
Hearts hugs and friendship ...
Sounds like you do have fond memories of them. I remember watching antiques roadshow a couple years ago and a lady had a Beatles album that she bought with her babysitting money. It had a really weird cover on it. With a lot of dolls--that had their heads cut off. It was creepy. She said she bought it on her way to school. The appraiser (I don't remember how much it was, but pretty expensive) told her that after 1/2 day of sales, they pulled the record and redid the cover cause people thought it was weird. Made her album a real collectors item.

Glad you guys watched it and enjoyed the show.

Hearts, hugs, and Ringo.....

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

#46212 Feb 10, 2014
Hi Princess, got to do some running but thought I would check in. Anything you need me to pick up while I'm out?

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#46213 Feb 10, 2014
Good afternoon Princess, Rotor, Denny, OLG, Lovely Lady, Billy,(wherever you've been Darling Billy), and to the other fine folks who might drop into the Realm today! Thank you for the sunrise, Princess, but I think the sun is broken, there's no warmth in it! WTH?
It is a VERY busy day at my feeders, this frigid Winter has doubled their appetites, I can hardly keep up. With the frozen river below them, it's become an all-you-can-eat DUCK buffet,(no humans allowed, You! You know who you are, stay away!), under the feeders now. Roo is obsessed with them, every time we get up and walk toward the dining room she's at the door, whining to go out and bark at them, then going spastic when they all take flight up in front of her off the deck! It's a riot. Well not really, frozen river is getting old!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46214 Feb 10, 2014
And Hippi! Do forgive me, I meant to say good afternoon to you, too!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46215 Feb 10, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
Good afternoon Princess, Rotor, Denny, OLG, Lovely Lady, Billy,(wherever you've been Darling Billy), and to the other fine folks who might drop into the Realm today! Thank you for the sunrise, Princess, but I think the sun is broken, there's no warmth in it! WTH?
It is a VERY busy day at my feeders, this frigid Winter has doubled their appetites, I can hardly keep up. With the frozen river below them, it's become an all-you-can-eat DUCK buffet,(no humans allowed, You! You know who you are, stay away!), under the feeders now. Roo is obsessed with them, every time we get up and walk toward the dining room she's at the door, whining to go out and bark at them, then going spastic when they all take flight up in front of her off the deck! It's a riot. Well not really, frozen river is getting old!
Good afternoon Paisley. The sun is shining here also, warmth but not a lot of it. Someone is falling down on the job.

I can imagine the feeders. In fact, I saw something the other day that sort of reminded me of your birds. There was an ad for a "feed block" at the feed store. It was about a 5 pound suet cake for the laying hens--but I suppose it could be adapted for the song birds. Can you imagine just putting a block that size in a fishing net and hanging it in the tree? LOL. You'd have tons of birds on it all the time.

There were some turkeys in the yard over the weekend, and 6 deer across the road. I guess they knew Oki wasn't home so they felt brave. Cooper is still finding bones and bits to drag up in the yard. Thankfully this last dab of snow covered most of them up. But after the thaw, all his "toys" are going to disappear....lol.

Enjoy your day, your darling and your ducks.....
B-long

Saint Louis, MO

#46216 Feb 10, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you do have fond memories of them. I remember watching antiques roadshow a couple years ago and a lady had a Beatles album that she bought with her babysitting money. It had a really weird cover on it. With a lot of dolls--that had their heads cut off. It was creepy. She said she bought it on her way to school. The appraiser (I don't remember how much it was, but pretty expensive) told her that after 1/2 day of sales, they pulled the record and redid the cover cause people thought it was weird. Made her album a real collectors item.
Glad you guys watched it and enjoyed the show.
Hearts, hugs, and Ringo.....
That Beatles record with the bizarre cover you're referring to is the original 'Yesterday and Today'. The band is dressed in white butchers' smocks, holding dismembered baby dolls, and large cuts of raw meat.
It represented such a stark departure from all previous Beatles' record covers that it repulsed many fans, and Capitol records decided to re-photo the group completely. They actually covered over some of the 'butcher cover' L/P's and released them with the new 'milder' photo. However, there were some that were sold with the original image on them, and they are highly sought after.
The one on Antiques Roadshow had the original shrink wrap with a sticker on it from 'Sears Record Bar' and was a near mint copy. Appraiser Gary Sohmers estimated its worth to be in the neighborhood of $10,000

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46217 Feb 10, 2014
Oneluckygal wrote:
Hi Princess, got to do some running but thought I would check in. Anything you need me to pick up while I'm out?
Let's see, I could use some moat cleaner, some gator food, 2 gallons of Princess Pink Paint, and stop by the Tiara's are Us store--they're holding a package for me--a new diamond encrusted tiara.

Thanks, you're a dear....

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46218 Feb 10, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon Paisley. The sun is shining here also, warmth but not a lot of it. Someone is falling down on the job.
I can imagine the feeders. In fact, I saw something the other day that sort of reminded me of your birds. There was an ad for a "feed block" at the feed store. It was about a 5 pound suet cake for the laying hens--but I suppose it could be adapted for the song birds. Can you imagine just putting a block that size in a fishing net and hanging it in the tree? LOL. You'd have tons of birds on it all the time.
There were some turkeys in the yard over the weekend, and 6 deer across the road. I guess they knew Oki wasn't home so they felt brave. Cooper is still finding bones and bits to drag up in the yard. Thankfully this last dab of snow covered most of them up. But after the thaw, all his "toys" are going to disappear....lol.
Enjoy your day, your darling and your ducks.....
I've never gone to your house that I haven't seen turkeys somewhere along the drive to your house, but never within sight of it, I guess they do know, lol.
I have four suet cakes out at all times as it is, but I would be interested in that feed block! Where did you see it? The songbirds dabble a little on them, but it's the woodpeckers that really hit them. I've got a pileated woodpecker that's so bold, when I walk out there and disturb him, he flies just to the trunk of the tree and bitches me out until I go back inside. I wonder if he's gonna dive bomb me, even. It's the darndest thing!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46219 Feb 10, 2014
B-long wrote:
<quoted text>That Beatles record with the bizarre cover you're referring to is the original 'Yesterday and Today'. The band is dressed in white butchers' smocks, holding dismembered baby dolls, and large cuts of raw meat.
It represented such a stark departure from all previous Beatles' record covers that it repulsed many fans, and Capitol records decided to re-photo the group completely. They actually covered over some of the 'butcher cover' L/P's and released them with the new 'milder' photo. However, there were some that were sold with the original image on them, and they are highly sought after.
The one on Antiques Roadshow had the original shrink wrap with a sticker on it from 'Sears Record Bar' and was a near mint copy. Appraiser Gary Sohmers estimated its worth to be in the neighborhood of $10,000
Hello B-long! I hope you're doing well and warm!

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

#46220 Feb 10, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see, I could use some moat cleaner, some gator food, 2 gallons of Princess Pink Paint, and stop by the Tiara's are Us store--they're holding a package for me--a new diamond encrusted tiara.
Thanks, you're a dear....
Mission accomplished, I found some really cute shoes that match the tiara, but if you don't like them I can keep them.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46221 Feb 10, 2014
B-long wrote:
<quoted text>That Beatles record with the bizarre cover you're referring to is the original 'Yesterday and Today'. The band is dressed in white butchers' smocks, holding dismembered baby dolls, and large cuts of raw meat.
That was it. I was fuzzy on the details, but I remember it looked really bizarre.

I remember the guy even said that some people tried to take the "new" cover off and try to get the original one, but you could always tell if that was what they tried.....

Thanks for the refresher....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46222 Feb 10, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>I've never gone to your house that I haven't seen turkeys somewhere along the drive to your house, but never within sight of it, I guess they do know, lol.
I have four suet cakes out at all times as it is, but I would be interested in that feed block! Where did you see it? The songbirds dabble a little on them, but it's the woodpeckers that really hit them. I've got a pileated woodpecker that's so bold, when I walk out there and disturb him, he flies just to the trunk of the tree and bitches me out until I go back inside. I wonder if he's gonna dive bomb me, even. It's the darndest thing!
I'll check the ad and see if I can find it on the website. We have pileated, red-heads, red-bellies, sap-suckers, flickers, hairys and downeys. I don't know for sure, but I think woodpeckers are about my favorite. Except for the mockingbirds, indigo buntings, and towees. But they're pretty close to my favorites.

There was even a hoot owl in one of the trees by the house the other morning. Was there for nearly 2 hours. Don't know whether he was after a cat or a bird...lol.
Red tailed hawk was after some of Cooper's toys the other day. Bold as brass, right up in the front yard.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46223 Feb 10, 2014
Oneluckygal wrote:
<quoted text>Mission accomplished, I found some really cute shoes that match the tiara, but if you don't like them I can keep them.
Ok, thanks. You can keep the shoes, but I might want to borrow them on occasion.....

Tiara is perfect. Thanks
B-long

Saint Louis, MO

#46224 Feb 10, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Hello B-long! I hope you're doing well and warm!
Hi, Pais. All things considered, I'm doing well.
Having been spoiled on relatively mild winters here in Missouri, I'm getting to the point where 30-35 degree daytime temperatures would seem spring-like. It's been pretty harsh around here of late, with several mornings of slightly above zero and down to 5 or more below. Usually we haven't gotten above 20 in the last couple of weeks. Honestly, I think it's probably the worst winter here in at least 20 plus years.
Either that, or my tolerance is getting lower as I get older...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#46225 Feb 10, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>The weather guy says we're about 30 degrees below normal temps. I haven't left the house in 8 days. The local school kids have missed 12 days since Christmas--that doesn't count the holidays that they were out of school on anyway. I could lose my mind before it's all over, but thankfully, I keep it in a glass jar on the top shelf of the bathroom closet.....
LOL
I tried to write in here yesterday, but the dayum computer quit, the other one that I can download pictures into.
My mind was on the bottom shelf in the refrigerator.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#46226 Feb 10, 2014
(Hi Pais)

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46227 Feb 10, 2014
B-long wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Pais. All things considered, I'm doing well.
Having been spoiled on relatively mild winters here in Missouri, I'm getting to the point where 30-35 degree daytime temperatures would seem spring-like. It's been pretty harsh around here of late, with several mornings of slightly above zero and down to 5 or more below. Usually we haven't gotten above 20 in the last couple of weeks. Honestly, I think it's probably the worst winter here in at least 20 plus years.
Either that, or my tolerance is getting lower as I get older...
Are you sure you're not in Indy? lol Take off about 10 degrees and you have our Winter too, along with record snow fall accumulations. We're getting in the Olympic spirit here every time we drive, we call it the Mechanized Pothole Slalom....
But you're so right when you say that 35 would feel balmy...got my T-Shirt and lemonade ready...

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#46228 Feb 10, 2014
Yannow Princess, I got this really good idea and I'll have to credit Al Gore. I want to start an organization that's loooong overdue. I'll call it the GWAT, Global Warming Action Team. At dawn we could promptly start every internal combustion device and vehicle we own, and let them run all day, every day until global warming finally saves us and even becomes permanent! We'[d save so much $$ on the heating bill that the gasoline wouldn't be problem. We could all live like the happy Billy in sunny south Florida in no time!
What to you think, GWAT, or not?

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#46230 Feb 11, 2014
Good morning all. Sad morning here in the realm, turned on the news and the first news story was about the passing of that American Icon, Shirley Temple. The Good Ship Lollipop has sailed for the very last time. RIP Shirley.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 min Judy 123 7,836
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 5 min Judy 123 61,596
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 5 min SMH 6,912
Memorable Movie Scenes. 7 min razz58 125
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 8 min Old Sam 2,594
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Sharlene45 213,387
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 10 min Old Sam 36,300
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 21,521
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 hr Denny CranesPlace 73,460
More from around the web