Goats Milk with Princess

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#45055 Sep 19, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Princess ... All to good to hear ... Good hands to be in are PRICELESS ... 0923 and 78 degrees ... overcast ... doppler shows nothing on radar ... what's going on?... Denny said he's awaiting rain ... Oh, forgot, never mind ... I live in the VORTEX ... never mind ... Hope he sends me any leftover rain ... Hope you're packing up and getting ready for your trip ... Give her and him a big old Texas hug for me ... from Jax in the box, too! Take care, be safe and know you're loved!
Hearts, hugs & smooth sailing <3
Hi again Flower. Yes, the feeling of knowing you are loved is something I carry with me daily. You too, I hope.

According to the National Radar, you guys should be getting some rain. NM is being flooded by the looks of everything around Santa Fe--or Alburqueque--I forget which. But hopefully, your rain will arrive soon with NO flooding--just a nice soak.

I will Definitely give her and him hugs from you and Jax.

Hearts, hugs, and rain....<3

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#45056 Sep 19, 2013
Good morning Princess, Flower, Fisherman, Denny and whomever else may wonder in! Cold front coming in this afternoon with major rain. Said we could have flash flooding overnight. I hope it makes it down to you Flower Child! I'll try to push it that way!!
So Princess, you're all packed? Have a safe trip and come back in one piece!
Wishing all a wonderful day! Hugs, hearts and roadtrips!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#45057 Sep 19, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Good morning princess, NorCal, Denny, Flower, Hippi and you all. I sure like seeing you here in the mornings.
What happened to LuAnn? I hope she is OK.
Looks like the weather should be about perfect today. That's good for my son, he's going to do a little flying for the post-op follow up.
And, I might get some flat water fishing in this weekend.
arrrgh, there me bucko. And that's about the extent of my pirate talk. LOL

Anyway, I do hope the weather stays good for your son's dr appt. And who knows with LuAnn, when she disappeared before, I think she said it had something to do with computer issues. Maybe the computer is just down again--at least I HOPE that's all it is.

"flat"? water fishing? Isn't all water flat in the ocean? I'm not sure I follow what flat water fishing is.......

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#45058 Sep 19, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
Good morning Princess, Flower, Fisherman, Denny and whomever else may wonder in! Cold front coming in this afternoon with major rain. Said we could have flash flooding overnight. I hope it makes it down to you Flower Child! I'll try to push it that way!!
So Princess, you're all packed? Have a safe trip and come back in one piece!
Wishing all a wonderful day! Hugs, hearts and roadtrips!
Hi there Hippi. All packed? Uh, no...... That's like saying are you ready for Christmas.....LOL

I got all the hangup clothes together, but I want to wear my new cape--navy blue and silver sparkles, and don't have an outfit picked out to go with it, sooooooo I don't know what to do about that--maybe shopping somewhere.

Don't know if I need 2 or 3 kinds of hair spray (don't laugh, you have no idea) so I'll probably take all 3 kinds--just to be on the safe side.....

Got my new green dress that I wore to the wedding--so that's ready. I know, I'll get just far enough away from home that I won't want to come back and realize that I forgot something REALLY important, and then I'll argue with myself--do I go back, do I not, and then finally--I'll just continue without it. This is absolutely maddening. If I could just transport EVERYTHING I own there, it would be a whole lot easier.....

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#45059 Sep 19, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>arrrgh, there me bucko. And that's about the extent of my pirate talk. LOL
Anyway, I do hope the weather stays good for your son's dr appt. And who knows with LuAnn, when she disappeared before, I think she said it had something to do with computer issues. Maybe the computer is just down again--at least I HOPE that's all it is.
"flat"? water fishing? Isn't all water flat in the ocean? I'm not sure I follow what flat water fishing is.......
The older I get, the flatter I like the water. It's been fairly steady trades all summer, very few calm days.
If you look at this-
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/pages/zone.php...
you can see it says winds 15 knots,'wind waves' 6 feet for Saturday. By "wind waves", they mean wind chop (my term). Wind chop is waves that are close together and they have steep sides and curl over on top. With 6 foot wind chop, you could get splashed in the face (on the back deck) or it could even spill your beer! Off Oregon, they have giant swells, that a lot of people might find scary. But they don't have steep sides, are far apart, and usually don't curl over on top. Big swells don't bother me at all. Now, giant swells with giant wind chop can be scary. Had that happen one time off the Kona airport when we were coming back from camping three days on a secluded beach (North Kona) and a Kona (South wind) storm had come up. Sometimes the chop curling over matches up with the top of a giant swell so the whole thing curls over! It broke off an outrigger and my friend broke a rib when he flew up and came back down on a fish box. I kissed the ground when we got back on land after that one!
So,'flat water' fishing for me would be in the lee of the island on a day that you have predictable light to moderate trades (one direction winds). There shouldn't be hardly any wing chop there.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#45060 Sep 19, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Norcal. Yep, it's a great day to be alive, ain't it?
Hope your Thursday is a good one. I have got the house torn upside down, right now--getting ready to head out on a business/pleasure trip in a while. Trying to get all the packing done, and I can't find my other gold pump. Don't you just hate it when that happens? I guess I'll have to take the silver ones instead. I THINK I have all the hang up clothes ready and in the garment bag, but I'd better make sure again.
<waves>
That's why one needs a packing list in order NOT to forget anything......and don't wait til the last minute to pack.......lol!!!

When we go on an overnight event......Mrs-Whitewater does all of the packing......it's my job to make sure we get to our destination:-)

Have a safe trip:-)

Level 9

#45061 Sep 19, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Good morning princess, NorCal, Denny, Flower, Hippi and you all. I sure like seeing you here in the mornings.
What happened to LuAnn? I hope she is OK.
Looks like the weather should be about perfect today. That's good for my son, he's going to do a little flying for the post-op follow up.
And, I might get some flat water fishing in this weekend.
Morning Fish......hope you're having a great day:-)

Level 2

Since: Apr 07

Key Largo

#45063 Sep 19, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
The older I get, the flatter I like the water. It's been fairly steady trades all summer, very few calm days.
If you look at this-
you can see it says winds 15 knots,'wind waves' 6 feet for Saturday. By "wind waves", they mean wind chop (my term). Wind chop is waves that are close together and they have steep sides and curl over on top. With 6 foot wind chop, you could get splashed in the face (on the back deck) or it could even spill your beer! Off Oregon, they have giant swells, that a lot of people might find scary. But they don't have steep sides, are far apart, and usually don't curl over on top. Big swells don't bother me at all. Now, giant swells with giant wind chop can be scary. Had that happen one time off the Kona airport when we were coming back from camping three days on a secluded beach (North Kona) and a Kona (South wind) storm had come up. Sometimes the chop curling over matches up with the top of a giant swell so the whole thing curls over! It broke off an outrigger and my friend broke a rib when he flew up and came back down on a fish box. I kissed the ground when we got back on land after that one!
So,'flat water' fishing for me would be in the lee of the island on a day that you have predictable light to moderate trades (one direction winds). There shouldn't be hardly any wing chop there.
Spent 5 years on Maui working on a condo project. As a sidelight collected tropical fish and invertebrates for the pet store there. Always had to dive in the morning as winds of 15-25 knots would come up in the afternoon. While diving you could sometimes hear the humpbacks calling to each other. One of my fondest memories.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#45064 Sep 19, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at this-
You seem to be a tad confused. Chop, Curl, Waves, and Flat, have absolutely NOTHING to do with fishing--it's all about the hair.

You don't want flat hair--you want BIG hair. Big hair is making a comeback. And if you've got natural waves in your hair, you don't need a perm to make it curl. But if your hairdresser just chops at your hair--you need to find another one.

I am so glad I was able to straighten this out for you....

<walks away muttering> Men, think EVERYTHING has to do with fishing...... sad......

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#45065 Sep 19, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why one needs a packing list in order NOT to forget anything......and don't wait til the last minute to pack.......lol!!!
When we go on an overnight event......Mrs-Whitewater does all of the packing......it's my job to make sure we get to our destination:-)
Have a safe trip:-)
LOL. Wouldn't be so bad, except some of the things I need are things I use EVERY day. Makes it difficult to pack ahead of time. Unless I were to get duplicates, which I think Oki and the troll would object to--I have taken over one of the bathrooms with my "potions" (one of the boys called them that once)

The clothes are my downfall. I just can't decide what to wear to which event. I'll either take too much, or not enough. Last time I stopped at Indy to go shopping, I went to Macy's and bought the cutest blouse. Turns out a girl from Iowa bought the same one at the Macy's in her town. WE BOTH wore them THE SAME DAY..... I had to go change....lol.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll take just the right amt of stuff--I always do, or too much--and not wear it all, or not enough and have to go shopping. LOL

Have a good afternoon......

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#45066 Sep 19, 2013
jamie tuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Spent 5 years on Maui working on a condo project. As a sidelight collected tropical fish and invertebrates for the pet store there. Always had to dive in the morning as winds of 15-25 knots would come up in the afternoon. While diving you could sometimes hear the humpbacks calling to each other. One of my fondest memories.
Hi there Mr. Seafood expert.....lol. I got a question for you.

Is Chicken of the Sea, Tuna, Chicken, or Mermaid?

And what about Bumblebee Tuna? Is it Bumblebees? OR is it Tuna?

And WHY are these labels so confusing?

Ok, Three questions, but still....... Enquiring minds want to know....

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#45067 Sep 19, 2013
jamie tuna wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I should have added it's flatter in the morning on those trade wind days. But, I didn't want to put too much information because it might confuse princess. My hair is much flatter in the morning.
What years were you there? We got to Maui in '97 and there were a few aquarium guys getting fish. We might have crossed paths. As the years went on, there seemed to be less and less. I think there's talk of ending the live fish collecting for pet shops/general retail- maybe it has already stopped?
Someday, I want to get a hydrophone or two and record the whales and dolphin. I took a German guy out of Kona one time and he recorded the whales. It was pretty easy. He dropped down two hydrophones and hooked them up to a ghetto blaster in the cabin. It sounded really good. He recorded it and put it on the internet. Don't know how to find it, that was about 1993.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#45068 Sep 19, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be a tad confused. Chop, Curl, Waves, and Flat, have absolutely NOTHING to do with fishing--it's all about the hair.
You don't want flat hair--you want BIG hair. Big hair is making a comeback. And if you've got natural waves in your hair, you don't need a perm to make it curl. But if your hairdresser just chops at your hair--you need to find another one.
I am so glad I was able to straighten this out for you....
<walks away muttering> Men, think EVERYTHING has to do with fishing...... sad......
LOL.
I'm sending you some earrings-

http://www.alluringsearrings.com/

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#45069 Sep 19, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
I'm sending you some earrings-
http://www.alluringsearrings.com/
Yay! Presents! I love presents! Rotor is always giving me presents, but they aren't pretty and shiny like those. He just gives me weird animal things......

But I'd actually wear some of those....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#45070 Sep 19, 2013
And I'm going to have to sign off and get going. see you guys later.....

Level 9

#45071 Sep 19, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Wouldn't be so bad, except some of the things I need are things I use EVERY day. Makes it difficult to pack ahead of time. Unless I were to get duplicates, which I think Oki and the troll would object to--I have taken over one of the bathrooms with my "potions" (one of the boys called them that once)
The clothes are my downfall. I just can't decide what to wear to which event. I'll either take too much, or not enough. Last time I stopped at Indy to go shopping, I went to Macy's and bought the cutest blouse. Turns out a girl from Iowa bought the same one at the Macy's in her town. WE BOTH wore them THE SAME DAY..... I had to go change....lol.
Anyway, I'm sure I'll take just the right amt of stuff--I always do, or too much--and not wear it all, or not enough and have to go shopping. LOL
Have a good afternoon......
Ummm, right......good luck and be safe!!!

Level 2

Key Largo

#45072 Sep 19, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I should have added it's flatter in the morning on those trade wind days. But, I didn't want to put too much information because it might confuse princess. My hair is much flatter in the morning.
What years were you there? We got to Maui in '97 and there were a few aquarium guys getting fish. We might have crossed paths. As the years went on, there seemed to be less and less. I think there's talk of ending the live fish collecting for pet shops/general retail- maybe it has already stopped?
Someday, I want to get a hydrophone or two and record the whales and dolphin. I took a German guy out of Kona one time and he recorded the whales. It was pretty easy. He dropped down two hydrophones and hooked them up to a ghetto blaster in the cabin. It sounded really good. He recorded it and put it on the internet. Don't know how to find it, that was about 1993.
We were there 1985 to 1990. Lived in Kihei but the project was in Kaanapali. My wife worked at Maui Memorial. We lived in a two bedroom condo with four little kids and my brother-in-law (he's still in Maui and lives in Kula). Eventually bought a house on Lanakila Drive. We would still be there, but our parents got ill and we had to come back to the mainland. Too bad. Hope you're not going island happy, we never did.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#45073 Sep 19, 2013
jamie tuna wrote:
<quoted text>
We were there 1985 to 1990. Lived in Kihei but the project was in Kaanapali. My wife worked at Maui Memorial. We lived in a two bedroom condo with four little kids and my brother-in-law (he's still in Maui and lives in Kula). Eventually bought a house on Lanakila Drive. We would still be there, but our parents got ill and we had to come back to the mainland. Too bad. Hope you're not going island happy, we never did.
Are your parents still with this world? I hope they are doing well.
"island happy"/"rock fever"?
Being able to get out in the water helps, I never feel sea locked.('sea locked' lol, the oposite of land locked?) If a salmon can get land locked, can a person get sea locked?

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

But now I take antidepressants

#45074 Sep 20, 2013
Good morning sis and friends, happy friday!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#45075 Sep 20, 2013
Billy R wrote:
Good morning sis and friends, happy friday!
Good morning Billy. Tell the Princess her coffee is ready just the way she likes it :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Goku Black aka Za... 213,007
A to Z songs by title or group! 21 min Camilla 1,208
News Waiter asked diners for proof of residency 29 min Spotted Girl 15
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 33 min dad1 220,510
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 1 hr Spotted Girl 6,836
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 149,775
Icon Discussion 1 hr Crystal_Clear722 104
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Robin Hood 21,401
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Ding Dong 3,552
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr visitor 73,300
More from around the web