Goats Milk with Princess

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#44189 Jul 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>IF you live anywhere near a zoo,contact them and see if you can get some lion dung. If you can,try scattering that around. That should be a pretty good deterrant. Otherwise take up deer hunting. That will definitely thin them out and put them on notice.
Our deer live in a Gated Community and are protected inside the gate......besides, I'm not the type to harm them unless they are directly harming me.......and the babies are so cute to watch grow!!!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#44190 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Our deer live in a Gated Community and are protected inside the gate......besides, I'm not the type to harm them unless they are directly harming me.......and the babies are so cute to watch grow!!!
1. Venison is a delicious,cholesterol lite form of protein.

2. Deer are the MOST predacious herbavores on plants,nothing is immune from them. They eat/try everything.

3. Gated community? No prob. Archery. Silent and effective.

4. Fawns(baby deer)are like kittens/puppies/BABIES,they ALL grow up into things we find.....troublesome. All night barking dawgs.... Trashcan raiding,yowling tomcats..... Teenagers..... Need I say more?

:)

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#44191 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: GATED community you say? Hmmmm,NOTHING like edibles that CAN'T get away...... On the UP side is that when you field dress the deer neighborhood dogs will dispose of the gut pile before the sun rises..... Save the hide,it makes great leather when tanned,OR if you prefer you can salt the innerside and it can be used as a area rug.

Level 9

#44192 Jul 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Venison is a delicious,cholesterol lite form of protein.
2. Deer are the MOST predacious herbavores on plants,nothing is immune from them. They eat/try everything.
3. Gated community? No prob. Archery. Silent and effective.
4. Fawns(baby deer)are like kittens/puppies/BABIES,they ALL grow up into things we find.....troublesome. All night barking dawgs.... Trashcan raiding,yowling tomcats..... Teenagers..... Need I say more?
:)
Don't really like venison........yes, deer do eat every plant in site.........we are NOT allowed to hunt them in ANY way because they are protected inside the Community........and yes, babies do grow up, but they aren't really harming me......so, I'm not out to harm them!!!

Level 9

#44193 Jul 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>BTW: GATED community you say? Hmmmm,NOTHING like edibles that CAN'T get away...... On the UP side is that when you field dress the deer neighborhood dogs will dispose of the gut pile before the sun rises..... Save the hide,it makes great leather when tanned,OR if you prefer you can salt the innerside and it can be used as a area rug.
Gross.....ewww, sorry, not into hunting or fishing.......animals have a right to co-exist with us!!!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#44194 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Gross.....ewww, sorry, not into hunting or fishing.......animals have a right to co-exist with us!!!
Suit yourself.... No prob here. As a farmer and hunter I see it a bit differently. But to each their own.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#44195 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't really like venison........yes, deer do eat every plant in site.........we are NOT allowed to hunt them in ANY way because they are protected inside the Community........and yes, babies do grow up, but they aren't really harming me......so, I'm not out to harm them!!!
A small aside on deer.... A doe becomes sexually active at three years of age. They usually have a single fawn their first pregnancy,after that TWINS and occasionally triplets are the norm. Extropolate that..... Pretty soon someone will have to do something some folks won't like.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#44196 Jul 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>A small aside on deer.... A doe becomes sexually active at three years of age. They usually have a single fawn their first pregnancy,after that TWINS and occasionally triplets are the norm. Extropolate that..... Pretty soon someone will have to do something some folks won't like.
Didn't know that about twins. I often see a doe with 2 fawns trailing. Always thought the other doe was out of sight somewhere.

Level 9

#44197 Jul 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Suit yourself.... No prob here. As a farmer and hunter I see it a bit differently. But to each their own.
And I'm okay with your way of life......enjoy your day:-)

Level 9

#44198 Jul 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>A small aside on deer.... A doe becomes sexually active at three years of age. They usually have a single fawn their first pregnancy,after that TWINS and occasionally triplets are the norm. Extropolate that..... Pretty soon someone will have to do something some folks won't like.
Our deer here are rather under control.....about 12 years ago, there was some sort of disease that the deer got and most died or were allowed to be killed......it took several years to repopulate the local area with that breed of deer.........I find the deer fascinating to watch, especially the fawns.........about 10 years ago, a fawn was born whose mom died in the birthing process......the fawn was not afraid of humans and we actually had that fawn in our home for approximately 2 hours before getting a hold of the wildlife refuge place.......unfortunately it was one not familiar with our location or type of deer and gave me some bad advice......I did what I was told and the baby fawn died a few hours later........had I contacted the local wildlife refuge in our area, they wold have come and gotten the baby fawn and raised it with a new herd.

A baby fawn not afraid of humans is simply amazing and a memory I will never forget!!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#44199 Jul 12, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Our deer here are rather under control.....about 12 years ago, there was some sort of disease that the deer got and most died or were allowed to be killed......it took several years to repopulate the local area with that breed of deer.........I find the deer fascinating to watch, especially the fawns.........about 10 years ago, a fawn was born whose mom died in the birthing process......the fawn was not afraid of humans and we actually had that fawn in our home for approximately 2 hours before getting a hold of the wildlife refuge place.......unfortunately it was one not familiar with our location or type of deer and gave me some bad advice......I did what I was told and the baby fawn died a few hours later........had I contacted the local wildlife refuge in our area, they wold have come and gotten the baby fawn and raised it with a new herd.
A baby fawn not afraid of humans is simply amazing and a memory I will never forget!!!
Good morning. We have more deer in Texas than any state. We have very good hunting laws that vary by county to controll the population. Hunting is big business in Texas. A good deer lease can cost about $3500 a year per gun. Hogs are or big problem and they are taking over the state. I would rather shoot a hog than a deer. My wife will eat pork but she has seen Bambi to many times to eat deer :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#44200 Jul 12, 2013
Princess your coffee is ready. I got the boat out of the shop so I am going fishing this morning. Big fish fry tonight in the realm :)

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44201 Jul 12, 2013
Good morning everyone. Throw on some spandex, mask and cape, and have a SUPER Friday.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44202 Jul 12, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Princess your coffee is ready. I got the boat out of the shop so I am going fishing this morning. Big fish fry tonight in the realm :)
Good morning Denny, thanks for the coffee. Enjoy your fish. I don't care for them--they taste sort of--fishy....
Fisherman

Honolulu, HI

#44203 Jul 12, 2013
Good morning princess, Denny and everybody.
Good luck fishing Denny.
I'm off, see you Monday or Tuesday.
OhvWah (sp?)

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

#44204 Jul 12, 2013
Hi Princess and friends. Feeling somewhat better today. I thought I'd check in, just in case anyone was worried about me! LOL!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44205 Jul 12, 2013
Fisherman wrote:
Good morning princess, Denny and everybody.
Good luck fishing Denny.
I'm off, see you Monday or Tuesday.
OhvWah (sp?)
Hi Fishy. Bye Fishy.... See you later...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44206 Jul 12, 2013
Hi Hippi, yeah I was getting a bit worried. I thought maybe you had been running with sharp objects again, or that you were stuck on the roof watching fireworks....LOL

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope it continues.....

And remember--there's always room for Jello.

Level 9

#44207 Jul 12, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning. We have more deer in Texas than any state. We have very good hunting laws that vary by county to controll the population. Hunting is big business in Texas. A good deer lease can cost about $3500 a year per gun. Hogs are or big problem and they are taking over the state. I would rather shoot a hog than a deer. My wife will eat pork but she has seen Bambi to many times to eat deer :)
I can totally agree with her:-)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#44208 Jul 13, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
Hi Princess and friends. Feeling somewhat better today. I thought I'd check in, just in case anyone was worried about me! LOL!
Good morning Hippi. How have you been doing with the heat:) I don't care if it is a dry heat it is hotter than hell :) I caught some good fish yesterday. Lots of fun out on the lake. I have a top on my boat so it was cool in the shade :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min Sharlene45 197,531
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 2 min Go Blue Forever 1,191
News Police: Man run over after shooting at car duri... 6 min Go Blue Forever 8
2words into 2new words (May '12) 11 min Sharlene45 3,824
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min I KNOW WHY 19,801
Word Association. (Nov '10) 34 min Bezeer 19,710
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 42 min Aura Mytha 204,934
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr I KNOW WHY 33,219
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 9 hr Melt down 8,832
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 hr 8541 MARINE 59,796