Goats Milk with Princess

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#44171 Jul 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Marge my foot--I'll have you know my hair isn't blue. I do rock in the color green though....
Gardening is sooooo much better than therapy--and you get tomatoes, so yeah--it's a win/win.
I was surprised at your link yesterday, I had no idea that our little hamlet was in the middle of a creek... I do know the people who's house was next to that creek though. I should tell them they live down town. I'm sure they have no idea.
Hope your day is a good one, Captain Horatio McCallister.
LOL!
I was going to pick that one for me, but thought I'd leave it for the Captn.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#44172 Jul 11, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Well wake his azz up! lol
His? LuAnn's a girl, Ricky.....lol. I'm surprised you hadn't picked up on that.....

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#44173 Jul 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Morning Norcal. Hope you have a wonderful day. It's lovely here, I may get industrious and go out to weed the tomatoes......
Sounds like fun......we don't get that here.......the deer like our garden and just wait til the plants get tall enough.......then nibble them down......lol!!!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44174 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like fun......we don't get that here.......the deer like our garden and just wait til the plants get tall enough.......then nibble them down......lol!!!
I got no issues with deer getting tomatoes, they're too busy munching on the hostas and daylillies to pay any attention to the tomatoes.

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#44175 Jul 11, 2013
Howdee-do!;^D

Level 9

#44176 Jul 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>I got no issues with deer getting tomatoes, they're too busy munching on the hostas and daylillies to pay any attention to the tomatoes.
Here they eat anything that is in their path......even chili peppers......lol!!!

Level 9

#44177 Jul 11, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
Howdee-do!;^D
Howdy Do to you to Red:-)

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44178 Jul 11, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
Howdee-do!;^D
RED!!! How the heck are ya gal?

Haven't seen you since, forever. Has it warmed up for you yet? We're having 90's all week. No 100's yet, but I'm sure before the end of the summer we will.

The Eastern Peewee's have hatched two broods under the eaves of the front porch. Boy are they messy! Not quite as messy as the barn swallows that are nesting at one of the neighbors--but still....

I hope you're doing well.
Hearts and hugs...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44179 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Here they eat anything that is in their path......even chili peppers......lol!!!
Chili? I would think that would deter them. I've heard of people using cover scents to deter wildlife.

Check your local sporting goods store for bobcat, coyote, or some other large-type predator urine. Sprinkle it around and the smell should deter the deer. Don't get any on you though, who wants to smell of coyote urine? LOL.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#44180 Jul 11, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
Howdee-do!;^D
Hi Red!

Level 9

#44181 Jul 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Chili? I would think that would deter them. I've heard of people using cover scents to deter wildlife.
Check your local sporting goods store for bobcat, coyote, or some other large-type predator urine. Sprinkle it around and the smell should deter the deer. Don't get any on you though, who wants to smell of coyote urine? LOL.
That stuff doesn't work on our deer.......lol!!!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44182 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Then I think I'd just give up and find a farmer's market......

Level 9

#44183 Jul 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Then I think I'd just give up and find a farmer's market......
We have for the moment.......Mrs-Whitewater tried for like 3 years......the deer ate the flowers, the radishes, pepper plants and even the carrots.....this after putting screening around the plants and everything else.......our deer are pretty much use to being around humans.......and they roam freely!!!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44184 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
We have for the moment.......Mrs-Whitewater tried for like 3 years......the deer ate the flowers, the radishes, pepper plants and even the carrots.....this after putting screening around the plants and everything else.......our deer are pretty much use to being around humans.......and they roam freely!!!
The deer got my carrots one year--never tried raising them again. The dog will bark at the ones in the field across the road all night, which I personally see as a diversionary tactic, so the ones from the back yard can sneak into the hosta bed and eat everything down to the ground......

“Hello Trump”

Level 7

Goodby Hillary

#44185 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you live anywhere near a zoo,contact them and see if you can get some lion dung. If you can,try scattering that around. That should be a pretty good deterrant. Otherwise take up deer hunting. That will definitely thin them out and put them on notice.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#44186 Jul 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>IF you live anywhere near a zoo,contact them and see if you can get some lion dung. If you can,try scattering that around. That should be a pretty good deterrant. Otherwise take up deer hunting. That will definitely thin them out and put them on notice.
they're in California, hon--I don't think that's allowed....LOL.

“Hello Trump”

Level 7

Goodby Hillary

#44187 Jul 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>they're in California, hon--I don't think that's allowed....LOL.
Could beeeee...... Most zoos sell/give away animal dung,usually for fertilizer. Tho several HAVE sold large predator dung for deer predation detterants. The Louisville zoo does as does the Evansville zoo.

Level 9

#44188 Jul 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>The deer got my carrots one year--never tried raising them again. The dog will bark at the ones in the field across the road all night, which I personally see as a diversionary tactic, so the ones from the back yard can sneak into the hosta bed and eat everything down to the ground......
Smart deer......lol!!!

Level 9

#44189 Jul 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>IF you live anywhere near a zoo,contact them and see if you can get some lion dung. If you can,try scattering that around. That should be a pretty good deterrant. Otherwise take up deer hunting. That will definitely thin them out and put them on notice.
Our deer live in a Gated Community and are protected inside the gate......besides, I'm not the type to harm them unless they are directly harming me.......and the babies are so cute to watch grow!!!

“Hello Trump”

Level 7

Goodby Hillary

#44190 Jul 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Our deer live in a Gated Community and are protected inside the gate......besides, I'm not the type to harm them unless they are directly harming me.......and the babies are so cute to watch grow!!!
1. Venison is a delicious,cholesterol lite form of protein.

2. Deer are the MOST predacious herbavores on plants,nothing is immune from them. They eat/try everything.

3. Gated community? No prob. Archery. Silent and effective.

4. Fawns(baby deer)are like kittens/puppies/BABIES,they ALL grow up into things we find.....troublesome. All night barking dawgs.... Trashcan raiding,yowling tomcats..... Teenagers..... Need I say more?

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Jackie 230,673
Caught on Video (Oct '16) 17 min Jackie 453
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 35 min North Mountain 8,239
what bothers you the most (Jun '13) 55 min North Mountain 1,033
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr North Mountain 1,874
Is it Possible ? 1 hr buying time 17
News Jupiter's backward-flying asteroid from another... 1 hr Freaky 2
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Warning 35,008