“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#42467 Mar 11, 2013
Billy R wrote:
Good morning sis and friends, happy Monday.......
Good morning Billy. Tell the princess her coffee is ready. I hope you had a great weekend :)

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#42468 Mar 11, 2013
Billy R wrote:
That should be on the Oxymoron thread...Happy Monday! LOL!

Good morning Princess and friends! I had a wonderful week-end with the granddaughter. The girl is brilliant! She sang Octopuss' Garden to me and then we sang Here Comes the Sun. She loves the Beatles and that makes me happy! She spelled her name, then wrote it in her new book. Did I mention she's only 4 1/2? Is that normal, or is she truly gifted? I choose gifted, of course! Hahahaha!
Enough bragging, just wishing everyone a great day! Hugs hearts and gifted children!

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#42469 Mar 11, 2013
Monday sucketh. Sorryeth for the ignoble language.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#42470 Mar 11, 2013
Hi princess.
Did your topix page have a gun poll on top?
It made me wonder what Oki and Denny would think about the possible gun choices?
Maybe they should have asked Ted Nugent for ideas?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#42471 Mar 11, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Hi princess.
It made me wonder what Oki and Denny would think about the possible gun choices?
For a rifle hands down the AR. Very versatile. Being modular,the upper and lower recievers seperate into a upper barrel group and a lower reciever/stock group. By just swapping out the upper you can choose several different calibers to shoot. As long as the bullet lengths fall into the 5.56 case deminsions. My choice for a pistol is the tried and true 1911A1 in .45 acp.

“stand up and be counted”

Level 5

Since: Apr 07

Doncaster.S.Yorkshire. England

#42472 Mar 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>For a rifle hands down the AR. Very versatile. Being modular,the upper and lower recievers seperate into a upper barrel group and a lower reciever/stock group. By just swapping out the upper you can choose several different calibers to shoot. As long as the bullet lengths fall into the 5.56 case deminsions. My choice for a pistol is the tried and true 1911A1 in .45 acp.
Hiya Oki. I understood every word.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#42473 Mar 11, 2013
rods1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Oki. I understood every word.
Good afternoon. How are things across the pond? Rained here most the day. Must be getting into our springtime weather pattern.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#42474 Mar 11, 2013
Who wants to go see Canada?
(this one's going around in emails)

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#42475 Mar 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>For a rifle hands down the AR. Very versatile. Being modular,the upper and lower recievers seperate into a upper barrel group and a lower reciever/stock group. By just swapping out the upper you can choose several different calibers to shoot. As long as the bullet lengths fall into the 5.56 case deminsions. My choice for a pistol is the tried and true 1911A1 in .45 acp.
Were you just picking a favorite out of their choices?
I have quite a few stories about semi-autos jamming or messing up.
That's why I like revolvers (can leave an empty cylinder behind the hammer, very safe and reliable), bolt actions, and pump shotguns.
I worked on a filbert farm for about 5 years and in the winters we would do "damage control". One time, I was riding in my brother-in-laws car down the tree rows and he saw a grey digger about 20 yds out his drivers side. He rolled down the window, pointed and squeezed his 380 Beretta (I think- a nice expensive gun) and it wouldn't fire. He pulled it back in very s-l-o-w-l-y, kept it pointed left, got it about down to his waist height, and BLAM!!! The glass flew up and out the crack, bullet hole by the door handle and our ears rang for a while.
My dad's 30.06 Woodmaster was jamming all the time. I had a Remmington 1100 in 20ga 3" magnum and it was jamming all the time (like with 2 3/4" lol). Got rid of all the semi-autos except for a 22LR with a tubular magazine- it's fun to pop off a few quick rounds now and then- good enough.
Another thing is it seems like something happens to my brain when I'm holding about 5 shots ready to fly out fast. Bolt actions are WAY more accurate for me, and I like accuracy.
Kind of like how something happens to your brain when you get on a fast motorcycle! lol

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#42476 Mar 12, 2013
okimar wrote:
A great semi but I still love the bolt actions and I like .308. I love my 1911 but I love a Glock in .40. Same punch as a .45 and hi capacity. I think John Browning would love it :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#42477 Mar 12, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you just picking a favorite out of their choices?
I have quite a few stories about semi-autos jamming or messing up.
That's why I like revolvers (can leave an empty cylinder behind the hammer, very safe and reliable), bolt actions, and pump shotguns.
I worked on a filbert farm for about 5 years and in the winters we would do "damage control". One time, I was riding in my brother-in-laws car down the tree rows and he saw a grey digger about 20 yds out his drivers side. He rolled down the window, pointed and squeezed his 380 Beretta (I think- a nice expensive gun) and it wouldn't fire. He pulled it back in very s-l-o-w-l-y, kept it pointed left, got it about down to his waist height, and BLAM!!! The glass flew up and out the crack, bullet hole by the door handle and our ears rang for a while.
My dad's 30.06 Woodmaster was jamming all the time. I had a Remmington 1100 in 20ga 3" magnum and it was jamming all the time (like with 2 3/4" lol). Got rid of all the semi-autos except for a 22LR with a tubular magazine- it's fun to pop off a few quick rounds now and then- good enough.
Another thing is it seems like something happens to my brain when I'm holding about 5 shots ready to fly out fast. Bolt actions are WAY more accurate for me, and I like accuracy.
Kind of like how something happens to your brain when you get on a fast motorcycle! lol
I have been thinking of buying a lead sled. It takes much of the human element out of shooting but it lets you see just what the rifle is capable of. I love super accurate rifles :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#42478 Mar 12, 2013
Good morning Princess. Your coffee is extra good today :)

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#42479 Mar 12, 2013
Good morning everyone. Here's hoping your day is filled with love, laughter and that life giving elixer--coffee.....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#42480 Mar 12, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
howdy everyone and have a great day :)
Good morning LuAnn. Haven't been around for a couple days, but hopefully things will be back to normal now (whatever that is)

Have a great day.....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#42481 Mar 12, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
Have a good Sunday folks, weekend 's still too short!;^D
RED! Hi there girl. I seem to keep missing you. Oh well, it's always a nice surprise to log on Topix and find you've been there. I hope that things are looking up for you.

There was a swarm, flock, gaggle, bunch or red-winged blackbirds in the yard this AM, spring is definitely on the way......(?)

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#42482 Mar 12, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Princess ... lovely Sunday afternoon ... it's beautiful ... Enjoy it! I'm going outside to read ... antihistamines first, of course! lol ... Luvya, FC <3 ...
Good morning Flower. It was a lovely day Sunday. It will be a while before we have another one that pretty--at least here, anyway.

The majority of yesterday was lovely, but turned off cold later.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#42483 Mar 12, 2013
Billy R wrote:
I don't know about Happy, but it was definitely Monday....

Hi there Bro. Have a super non-weird day......

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#42484 Mar 12, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
That should be on the Oxymoron thread...Happy Monday! LOL!
Good morning Princess and friends! I had a wonderful week-end with the granddaughter. The girl is brilliant! She sang Octopuss' Garden to me and then we sang Here Comes the Sun. She loves the Beatles and that makes me happy! She spelled her name, then wrote it in her new book. Did I mention she's only 4 1/2? Is that normal, or is she truly gifted? I choose gifted, of course! Hahahaha!
Enough bragging, just wishing everyone a great day! Hugs hearts and gifted children!
Hi Hippi, so she's a connoisseur of classical music? Classical beatles, that is. She's a gem among Princesses......

Enjoy your day....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#42485 Mar 12, 2013
MeanandNasty wrote:
Monday sucketh. Sorryeth for the ignoble language.
It certainly do......

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#42486 Mar 12, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Hi princess.
Hi Fishy. Yeah, I saw that. Someone sent me an email that said the KY state legislature is against any new Obama gun bills. Will make it a crime for any new Federal ban to be enforced. Not sure if that's true or not. I need to call my Rep. and find out.

Hope you have a good day.

Hearts, hugs, and nightcrawlers....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Subduction Zone 159,598
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 min _FLATLINE-------- 7,892
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 7 min Crazy Jae 1,723
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 12 min Crazy Jae 1,356
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min wichita-rick 161,023
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 13 min Crazy Jae 7,902
motorcycle traveling stories 14 min Crazy Jae 321
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 19 min Crazy Jae 8,281
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 2 hr Crazy Jae 1,408
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Mega Monster 40,141