|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>since the rolls are virtual--I'll have 2. LOL.
<3
thus making them calorie free, lol ...

ah, the art of virtualism, gotta love it, ha!...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>You need to make sure that Tail Rotor always has a big muscular boyfriend to do chores like that for you.....
TR could pick up her BF and break him in 1/2. He's a skinny guy. I get her to do stuff for me, except run the machine. Theres one right way to do it, and an infinite number of ways to do it wrong. I avoid frustration by doing it myself.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

Or is he mine?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>It is a good morning, thank you. Good morning to you too, welcome.
Good morning. We have 3 feet of snow here and huge drifts. Everything is closed. We are lucky. We haven't lost power but we have a generator.
Thank you for the welcome. I couldn't get out to go back to where I work.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>You will want your coffee with that :)
definitely. Thanks Denny......

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
thus making them calorie free, lol ...
ah, the art of virtualism, gotta love it, ha!...
I certainly do. And think of the concept of having no dishes to wash.....lol

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>TR could pick up her BF and break him in 1/2. He's a skinny guy. I get her to do stuff for me, except run the machine. Theres one right way to do it, and an infinite number of ways to do it wrong. I avoid frustration by doing it myself.
I totally understand, I thought I was the only one around here with control issues.....lol

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Abby Normal One wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning. We have 3 feet of snow here and huge drifts. Everything is closed. We are lucky. We haven't lost power but we have a generator.
Thank you for the welcome. I couldn't get out to go back to where I work.
Hi Abby. 3 feet? You must be up in the NE somewhere. I don't mind a little snow, but 3 feet AIN'T a little.....lol

Glad you are safe and warm and still have power....

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Abby. 3 feet? You must be up in the NE somewhere. I don't mind a little snow, but 3 feet AIN'T a little.....lol
Glad you are safe and warm and still have power....
Thank you. I grew up with these storms so it is not as big a deal as some one who just has a storm laid on them. The news makes more of them then the people who live here. I can't believe the news gave it a name. lol the weather people wouldn't do that.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>I totally understand, I thought I was the only one around here with control issues.....lol
I thought we all had control issues? I guess some one has to give sometimes.

Did you find the bodies in the moat? lol Who is missing?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly do. And think of the concept of having no dishes to wash.....lol
Exactly and less in our landfills, oh yeah! lol ...

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Oneluckygal wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you should ask, I''m dealing with a bit of creosote right now. The one we had in the actual chimney was a doozy, we don't use it anymore. Now we just try to keep a hot enough fire to burn out the stove pipes.
I guess I should clarify; ours wouldn't be a chimney, then, it would be a stovepipe that goes all the way up through the roof.
So how did you deal with a fire in the chimney? I cut the air off to the stove and it worked, thank God. Tink sent me some info about it and I learned that keeping a HOT fire is a preventative, too.
TY.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to forget them. Thats my one phobia..... well that and ladders, but I took a digger off a ladder, and have good reasons for that.
Spiders give me the willies.
As to chimney fires, the clean log LG mentioned is good, but if you go down to the stove store you can pick up a chimney sweep brush for pretty short money, also a service you can offer customers after all the leaves are picked up. Also burning nothing but good dry hardwood lessens the creosote buildup. Don't burn Pines/hemlock indoors either.
Good morning Rotor!
You fell off a ladder, TOO? I didn't think that spiders gave me willies that badly, I mean they crawl on me all the time in my work, ONE at a time; but after seeing that, I too got the WILLIES!
That's a great idea about using the chimney brush for our customers, I had decided to get one of those too.
There's a spray called 'Creosote Buster' that apparently does NOT work. And I know, no pine. We save that for the outside bonfires.
Most of our wood is seasoned, but there's a batch of logs in there that hisses and sizzles when I put a log of it in. It's all mixed together in the stacks. We're new at this, we'll get better, I hope.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Yeah a good "first in first out" system is the way to go with wood or get 4-5 chords in the summer and by the time you're ready to burn it's all seasoned.

The going rate for doing a sweep is 100-300 buck get a couple dozen of those in the fall and you could be sitting pretty for the winter.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I should clarify; ours wouldn't be a chimney, then, it would be a stovepipe that goes all the way up through the roof.
So how did you deal with a fire in the chimney? I cut the air off to the stove and it worked, thank God. Tink sent me some info about it and I learned that keeping a HOT fire is a preventative, too.
TY.
He climbed up on the roof with the waterhose. Lucky he didn't pass out from the smoke, it was bad. Can't be sure the chimney didn't crack, so we just never used it again.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

My grandmother lost her house to a woodstove pipe fire. That was a pretty exciting night.
ummm the process to clean a circular pipe is the same as for a lined chimney.
As far as putting out a fire, they make a "Road flare" type thing that uses up all the 02 and smothers it. you just light it and toss it in the stove or fireplace.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning Rotor >>smiles and waves<<
>>gives you a cup of coffee<< >> gives you a bear hug <<
1144 ...
Good morning Lovely Lady! Nice to see you check in, was worried about you last night with the storms moving through. Now they say those storms are gonna turn into another big blizzard for the northeast, dang! Do you have a weather radio? I hate the middle of the night storms. Said a prayer for you. Stay safe!
<3

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Rotor Head wrote:
Yeah a good "first in first out" system is the way to go with wood or get 4-5 chords in the summer and by the time you're ready to burn it's all seasoned.
The going rate for doing a sweep is 100-300 buck get a couple dozen of those in the fall and you could be sitting pretty for the winter.
With Hubby down so much of last Summer, and really only able to wield an ax since late October, we didn't get much in store for the Winter. We have 11 acres of woods, hubby and my cousin took his 4X4 out there and found a lot of already dead wood, they've been splitting all Winter now. Most of the stuff is seasoned pretty good but like I said, some of those logs hiss. GREAT idea about offering the sweep service to our customers, Hubby loves it!
God willing no more accidents for hubby, we should be much more prepared next Winter.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Oneluckygal wrote:
<quoted text>He climbed up on the roof with the waterhose. Lucky he didn't pass out from the smoke, it was bad. Can't be sure the chimney didn't crack, so we just never used it again.
Holy cow! He IS as crazy as I suspected he is!
Thank God nothing worse happened!

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Rotor Head wrote:
My grandmother lost her house to a woodstove pipe fire. That was a pretty exciting night.
ummm the process to clean a circular pipe is the same as for a lined chimney.
As far as putting out a fire, they make a "Road flare" type thing that uses up all the 02 and smothers it. you just light it and toss it in the stove or fireplace.
That sounds cool! Our stoves go out the wall then up, so we just have to shut off the air and damper, go outside and disconnect them to clean out the problem. Stone house, so no worries except the roof..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41,181 - 41,200 of45,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

132 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 3 min Greg Luganis 11,629
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Charles Idemi 111,799
A six word game (Dec '08) 15 min Junket 17,132
Bizarre sexting case in Virginia may have you r... 28 min Rajendra 2
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 36 min Parden Pard 28,567
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 39 min tora tora tora 34,742
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 40 min curiouslu 53,713
What is the meaning of life? 1 hr Mister_ E 31
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 140,349