“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#41833 Feb 10, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>You need to make sure that Tail Rotor always has a big muscular boyfriend to do chores like that for you.....
TR could pick up her BF and break him in 1/2. He's a skinny guy. I get her to do stuff for me, except run the machine. Theres one right way to do it, and an infinite number of ways to do it wrong. I avoid frustration by doing it myself.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

Or is he mine?

#41834 Feb 10, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>It is a good morning, thank you. Good morning to you too, welcome.
Good morning. We have 3 feet of snow here and huge drifts. Everything is closed. We are lucky. We haven't lost power but we have a generator.
Thank you for the welcome. I couldn't get out to go back to where I work.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#41835 Feb 10, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>You will want your coffee with that :)
definitely. Thanks Denny......

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#41836 Feb 10, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
thus making them calorie free, lol ...
ah, the art of virtualism, gotta love it, ha!...
I certainly do. And think of the concept of having no dishes to wash.....lol

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#41837 Feb 10, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>TR could pick up her BF and break him in 1/2. He's a skinny guy. I get her to do stuff for me, except run the machine. Theres one right way to do it, and an infinite number of ways to do it wrong. I avoid frustration by doing it myself.
I totally understand, I thought I was the only one around here with control issues.....lol

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#41838 Feb 10, 2013
Abby Normal One wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning. We have 3 feet of snow here and huge drifts. Everything is closed. We are lucky. We haven't lost power but we have a generator.
Thank you for the welcome. I couldn't get out to go back to where I work.
Hi Abby. 3 feet? You must be up in the NE somewhere. I don't mind a little snow, but 3 feet AIN'T a little.....lol

Glad you are safe and warm and still have power....

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#41839 Feb 10, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Abby. 3 feet? You must be up in the NE somewhere. I don't mind a little snow, but 3 feet AIN'T a little.....lol
Glad you are safe and warm and still have power....
Thank you. I grew up with these storms so it is not as big a deal as some one who just has a storm laid on them. The news makes more of them then the people who live here. I can't believe the news gave it a name. lol the weather people wouldn't do that.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#41840 Feb 10, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>I totally understand, I thought I was the only one around here with control issues.....lol
I thought we all had control issues? I guess some one has to give sometimes.

Did you find the bodies in the moat? lol Who is missing?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#41841 Feb 10, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly do. And think of the concept of having no dishes to wash.....lol
Exactly and less in our landfills, oh yeah! lol ...

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#41842 Feb 10, 2013
Oneluckygal wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you should ask, I''m dealing with a bit of creosote right now. The one we had in the actual chimney was a doozy, we don't use it anymore. Now we just try to keep a hot enough fire to burn out the stove pipes.
I guess I should clarify; ours wouldn't be a chimney, then, it would be a stovepipe that goes all the way up through the roof.
So how did you deal with a fire in the chimney? I cut the air off to the stove and it worked, thank God. Tink sent me some info about it and I learned that keeping a HOT fire is a preventative, too.
TY.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#41843 Feb 10, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to forget them. Thats my one phobia..... well that and ladders, but I took a digger off a ladder, and have good reasons for that.
Spiders give me the willies.
As to chimney fires, the clean log LG mentioned is good, but if you go down to the stove store you can pick up a chimney sweep brush for pretty short money, also a service you can offer customers after all the leaves are picked up. Also burning nothing but good dry hardwood lessens the creosote buildup. Don't burn Pines/hemlock indoors either.
Good morning Rotor!
You fell off a ladder, TOO? I didn't think that spiders gave me willies that badly, I mean they crawl on me all the time in my work, ONE at a time; but after seeing that, I too got the WILLIES!
That's a great idea about using the chimney brush for our customers, I had decided to get one of those too.
There's a spray called 'Creosote Buster' that apparently does NOT work. And I know, no pine. We save that for the outside bonfires.
Most of our wood is seasoned, but there's a batch of logs in there that hisses and sizzles when I put a log of it in. It's all mixed together in the stacks. We're new at this, we'll get better, I hope.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#41844 Feb 10, 2013
Yeah a good "first in first out" system is the way to go with wood or get 4-5 chords in the summer and by the time you're ready to burn it's all seasoned.

The going rate for doing a sweep is 100-300 buck get a couple dozen of those in the fall and you could be sitting pretty for the winter.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#41845 Feb 10, 2013

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

#41846 Feb 10, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I should clarify; ours wouldn't be a chimney, then, it would be a stovepipe that goes all the way up through the roof.
So how did you deal with a fire in the chimney? I cut the air off to the stove and it worked, thank God. Tink sent me some info about it and I learned that keeping a HOT fire is a preventative, too.
TY.
He climbed up on the roof with the waterhose. Lucky he didn't pass out from the smoke, it was bad. Can't be sure the chimney didn't crack, so we just never used it again.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#41847 Feb 10, 2013
My grandmother lost her house to a woodstove pipe fire. That was a pretty exciting night.
ummm the process to clean a circular pipe is the same as for a lined chimney.
As far as putting out a fire, they make a "Road flare" type thing that uses up all the 02 and smothers it. you just light it and toss it in the stove or fireplace.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#41849 Feb 10, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning Rotor >>smiles and waves<<
>>gives you a cup of coffee<< >> gives you a bear hug <<
1144 ...
Good morning Lovely Lady! Nice to see you check in, was worried about you last night with the storms moving through. Now they say those storms are gonna turn into another big blizzard for the northeast, dang! Do you have a weather radio? I hate the middle of the night storms. Said a prayer for you. Stay safe!
<3

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#41850 Feb 10, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Yeah a good "first in first out" system is the way to go with wood or get 4-5 chords in the summer and by the time you're ready to burn it's all seasoned.
The going rate for doing a sweep is 100-300 buck get a couple dozen of those in the fall and you could be sitting pretty for the winter.
With Hubby down so much of last Summer, and really only able to wield an ax since late October, we didn't get much in store for the Winter. We have 11 acres of woods, hubby and my cousin took his 4X4 out there and found a lot of already dead wood, they've been splitting all Winter now. Most of the stuff is seasoned pretty good but like I said, some of those logs hiss. GREAT idea about offering the sweep service to our customers, Hubby loves it!
God willing no more accidents for hubby, we should be much more prepared next Winter.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#41851 Feb 10, 2013
Oneluckygal wrote:
<quoted text>He climbed up on the roof with the waterhose. Lucky he didn't pass out from the smoke, it was bad. Can't be sure the chimney didn't crack, so we just never used it again.
Holy cow! He IS as crazy as I suspected he is!
Thank God nothing worse happened!

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

#41852 Feb 10, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
My grandmother lost her house to a woodstove pipe fire. That was a pretty exciting night.
As far as putting out a fire, they make a "Road flare" type thing that uses up all the 02 and smothers it. you just light it and toss it in the stove or fireplace.
That sounds cool! Our stoves go out the wall then up, so we just have to shut off the air and damper, go outside and disconnect them to clean out the problem. Stone house, so no worries except the roof..

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#41853 Feb 10, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
THAT is good to know! I'll be getting that. I had a fire extinguisher, but didn't have to use it. There's no attic, all the ceilings are cathedral, so I could see what was going on up there. I shut the flu and sealed the stove vent, took about 10 seconds but it went out. Filled the house with smoke, from the black paint on the outside of the stovepipe.
Thanks for that link, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 5 min TALLYHO 8541 314
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Wolftracks 151,116
Kidnapped 400-pound Sasquatch statue found 7 min Mitt s Airtight D... 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min TurkanaBoy 127,898
Come on...Tell me a joke (Jan '08) 24 min Joke 7,067
Bill Cosby 28 min TALLYHO 8541 237
Fergson Police Dept. 33 min flbadcatowner 443
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr Mitt s Airtight D... 15
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Deer Whisperer 37,494

Weird People Search