Firework lodges in man's chest

Firework lodges in man's chest

There are 40 comments on the WTNH story from May 31, 2012, titled Firework lodges in man's chest. In it, WTNH reports that:

A Minnesota man is in critical condition after surgeons removed an unexploded firework from his chest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aspirin Between My Legos

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 31, 2012
The was mortarfied by his stunt.

“Jody”

Level 7

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 May 31, 2012
Was he drinking? This could be an example of bottle before rocket.

“More Brains Than .....”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

#4 Jun 1, 2012
Really Topix?

You blocked my all caps post?
Duh

Barboursville, WV

#5 Jun 1, 2012
Well, it's alot better change than using the crack of his arse for a launcher-thingy.... ouch.
'
THis happened to me one time... But only one time..
&fe ature=fvwrel
'Duh

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6 Jun 1, 2012
boob tube

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Jun 1, 2012
A Darwin award candidate for 2012.

"Awwww, who-needs to read those silly instructions...I got thissssssssss!"

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#8 Jun 1, 2012
do you really believe they include instructions in illegal fireworks ....

still trying to figure out how the Mayor of NYC is interfering in your gun laws...

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 Jun 1, 2012
Stupid is as stupid does. This was stupid. Mortar fireworks are illegal for a good reason. This man should be the Poster Child for illegal fireworks. I hope the doctors & bomb squad are working on him far from any buildings so innocent people aren't harmed should it explode.

I hope he doesn't have children. Can you imagine more like him?

Level 5

Location hidden

#10 Jun 1, 2012
tallyho wrote:
do you really believe they include instructions in illegal fireworks ....
still trying to figure out how the Mayor of NYC is interfering in your gun laws...
Here in Florida, people can buy fireworks at WalMart. I was on a return line in WalMart and was looking at a fireworks display. There are instructions on the package on how to use them. These were legal fireworks. No mortar bombs. Things like Roman Candles in the package.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#11 Jun 1, 2012
Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in Florida, people can buy fireworks at WalMart. I was on a return line in WalMart and was looking at a fireworks display. There are instructions on the package on how to use them. These were legal fireworks. No mortar bombs. Things like Roman Candles in the package.
I was being a bit of a smart azz ... people don't always realize that the paper fuse can be very deceptive , in line burn [can't see it]
or a flash burn for one ... and gun powder explodes . even the pros
[ licensed pyro-techs] can be fooled

but yes thanks for the info , we only need to go to PA. or have a licensed tech get them

Level 5

Location hidden

#12 Jun 1, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being a bit of a smart azz ... people don't always realize that the paper fuse can be very deceptive , in line burn [can't see it]
but yes thanks for the info , we only need to go to PA. or have a licensed tech get them
My daughter used to say "better a smart azz than a dumb azz". I don't know where you are and how far you have to go to PA for fireworks. I just like to sit in my backyard and look skyward to see the fireworks display from the parks in Margate. Used to live across the street from a park in another community. I would grab a lounge chair by the pool and watch the fireworks.

When I was a kid growing up in Brooklyn, NY, you could see the weekly fireworks display at Coney Island from my bedroom window.

Level 5

Location hidden

#13 Jun 1, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Off Topic FYI, my daughter loves Pepe Le Pew. He is her favorite cartoon character. She has alot of Pepe stuff.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#14 Jun 1, 2012
yes , where I live I'm one of the highest buildings .. and the best part is I get to see all fireworks , 360 degrees from all of the small towns around and ours here is about 100 yards from me ... also see the air shows as my building is a marking point , can feel the jet exhaust heat at times ....

Level 5

Location hidden

#15 Jun 1, 2012
tallyho wrote:
yes , where I live I'm one of the highest buildings .. and the best part is I get to see all fireworks , 360 degrees from all of the small towns around and ours here is about 100 yards from me ... also see the air shows as my building is a marking point , can feel the jet exhaust heat at times ....
I had that same advantage when I lived in Alexandria, VA. My building was at the King Street exit on Shirley Hwy. Inner Beltway. You could see the Washington Monument from our terrace. We were on the top floor, southwest corner. Saw all the fireworks in Falls Church and other towns to the west, including DC Proper. We would go up to the roof to see the Potomac River. We could see parts of it from our terrace if we leaned over a bit. The building was C shaped. If it were straight, we wouldn't have that problem.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#16 Jun 1, 2012
Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
I had that same advantage when I lived in Alexandria, VA. My building was at the King Street exit on Shirley Hwy. Inner Beltway. You could see the Washington Monument from our terrace. We were on the top floor, southwest corner. Saw all the fireworks in Falls Church and other towns to the west, including DC Proper. We would go up to the roof to see the Potomac River. We could see parts of it from our terrace if we leaned over a bit. The building was C shaped. If it were straight, we wouldn't have that problem.
kinda fun in a way

Level 5

Location hidden

#17 Jun 1, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
kinda fun in a way
I was thinking about the old stomping grounds yesterday and looked up my old work address - 305 King Street, Olde Towne Alexandria. I also looked up some restaurants that I liked. I see Hard Times Chili is still in business as is Bullfeathers Pub.
<Gail sings> Mem or ries.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#18 Jun 1, 2012
Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking about the old stomping grounds yesterday and looked up my old work address - 305 King Street, Olde Towne Alexandria. I also looked up some restaurants that I liked. I see Hard Times Chili is still in business as is Bullfeathers Pub.
<Gail sings> Mem or ries.
stayed on post , was there only 8 weeks
Duh

Barboursville, WV

#19 Jun 1, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Duh tries to slap hands with uh,, Pepe.. but witholds.. Does'nt wanna get the ----------stinky finger...???//

Oh...Oh... Oh... Peace Tally ...
Terduh. lol

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#20 Jun 1, 2012
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Duh tries to slap hands with uh,, Pepe.. but witholds.. Does'nt wanna get the ----------stinky finger...???//
Oh...Oh... Oh... Peace Tally ...
Terduh. lol
ter

Level 5

Location hidden

#21 Jun 2, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was post? Sorry you didn't have an opportunity to explore Alexandria. Beautiful city. Cobblestone streets. Used to get my heels caught between the stones until I learned to wear sneakers and put on my heels at work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 5 min Dman 7,857
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Jennifer Renee 18,474
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 16 min -Prince- 146,065
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 17 min beatlesinthebog 10,353
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 19 min beatlesinthebog 2,735
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 21 min F_R_E_D 58,098
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 42 min DanFromSmithville 201,613
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 53 min Sharlene45 194,493
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 2 hr andet1987 197
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 5 hr dress you up 8,531