Is Legalized Marijuana Working ?

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#23 Mar 8, 2014
tallyho wrote:
seems to me I have a legal right to possess pot .. then i can get it cheaper from the street than store ...
weeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll lll
I can see where you're coming from. It is not devoid of all merit. Still it is likely the black market would be smaller in a legalized setting and much easier to control. We still have a black market for Alcohol but it is multitudes smaller than it was during prohibition. Every consumer good has a black market. Illegal or not. From tobacco to electronic goods. We don't make those things illegal because of that fact.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.

#24 Mar 8, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I can see where you're coming from. It is not devoid of all merit. Still it is likely the black market would be smaller in a legalized setting and much easier to control. We still have a black market for Alcohol but it is multitudes smaller than it was during prohibition. Every consumer good has a black market. Illegal or not. From tobacco to electronic goods. We don't make those things illegal because of that fact.
Excellent point FTW, and just like any other black market the quality of the Mari Juana is less than desirable in most cases, you get what you pay for. I'm sure some care givers sell illegally to their friends but most can't grow enough to keep their patients supplied legally so why jeopardize that and sell illegally.... and if they do at least the money stays at home and not funding some Mexican drug Cartel
Independent

United States

#25 Mar 8, 2014
SLY WEST wrote:
Excellent point FTW, and just like any other black market the quality of the Mari Juana is less than desirable in most cases, you get what you pay for.
Though true to a certain degree, not all BM products come from drug cartels.
I know several "home growers" locally that produce as fine a product as you will find in any store.
It is also a good reason to decriminalize as opposed to legalizing so we can grow our own. It isn't as hard as some might believe to grow your own quality product.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.

#26 Mar 8, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Though true to a certain degree, not all BM products come from drug cartels.
I know several "home growers" locally that produce as fine a product as you will find in any store.
It is also a good reason to decriminalize as opposed to legalizing so we can grow our own. It isn't as hard as some might believe to grow your own quality product.
No it isn't that hard at all to grow great smoke, initial start up costs for necessities, a vacant room, a whole lot of research on the strains you're gonna grow, and most importantly good seed stock, 75% of the quality is genetic, 25% is environmental.

I wouldn't be opposed to legalization under alcohol guidelines, I can legally brew 500 gallons of beer per year for personal consumption without being taxed, so do the same for weed.

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#27 Mar 8, 2014
SLY WEST wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point FTW, and just like any other black market the quality of the Mari Juana is less than desirable in most cases, you get what you pay for. I'm sure some care givers sell illegally to their friends but most can't grow enough to keep their patients supplied legally so why jeopardize that and sell illegally.... and if they do at least the money stays at home and not funding some Mexican drug Cartel
The War on drugs has never been about harm reduction. As a matter of fact, the lack of actual regulation from it only causes harm exponentiation. Drug laws only multiply the dangers and harm that they do to society. Be it from criminal records or from tainted product.

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#28 Mar 8, 2014
Not in con necticut...it seems my corrupt state govt is more comfortable with allowing the illegal stuff to be imported...

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#29 Mar 8, 2014
POTHOLES are Being FIXED...Guess SO!!

Sales TAX Babe!!
Pothole Fix

Dayton, OH

#30 Mar 8, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
POTHOLES are Being FIXED...Guess SO!!
Sales TAX Babe!!
They'll just shovel YOU into that hole after some dumb high sonofabitch runs over you at 162 MPH, but if other commuters happen to be lucky, they'll dump a little asphalt patch on top to smooth it all out...
Yeah

Dayton, OH

#31 Mar 8, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The War on drugs has never been about harm reduction. As a matter of fact, the lack of actual regulation from it only causes harm exponentiation. Drug laws only multiply the dangers and harm that they do to society. Be it from criminal records or from tainted product.
Keep on thinking that, Beavis. You sound like a libtard!

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#32 Mar 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Keep on thinking that, Beavis. You sound like a libtard!
Liberal?? Me?? Ohhh my my my. You are severely mistaken. Look at some history and actual data instead of just Prison-complex system propaganda and you're own personal disdain.
Only an ignorant retard would call me a libtard or any liberal moniker.
Common Sense

Dayton, OH

#33 Mar 8, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Liberal?? Me?? Ohhh my my my. You are severely mistaken. Look at some history and actual data instead of just Prison-complex system propaganda and you're own personal disdain.
Only an ignorant retard would call me a libtard or any liberal moniker.
If you approve of drug use, U R a lib.

Why?

1. Personal responsibility. Do U believe in it?
2. Personal safety. Do U feel safe working with druggies?
3. I get it, people will do what they want. But why make it easier for them to kill (you or me) through personal incompetence, and get away with it?????

If someone doesn't have any respect for themselves, why should I have any respect for them?
Common Sense

Dayton, OH

#34 Mar 8, 2014
Not to mention, it's still ILLEGAL under FEDERAL STATUTES. Last time I checked, FED trumps STATE, for better or for worse.
Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#35 Mar 8, 2014
Still not allowed in this state. All this reading about it just makes jones -ing that much harder. :(

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

.

#36 Mar 8, 2014
What's "marijuana"?
Independent

United States

#37 Mar 8, 2014
Commander Bunny wrote:
What's "marijuana"?
That would be like lettuce to you mate.

:^`P

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

.

#38 Mar 8, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be like lettuce to you mate.
:^`P
Naw Man, never touch that lettuce stuff, it gives me the plop-plops.

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#39 Mar 8, 2014
WOO!! HOO!! For Michigan!!! sorry y'all just make sure ya" transport it right!! and 12 plants for yourself is a lot of good weed!!!!
Camilla

San Diego, CA

#40 Mar 8, 2014
Commander Bunny wrote:
What's "marijuana"?
Guessing ya never saw the Flick -
Grade School Auditoriums,circa late 60's or
Maybe early 70's - Black & White (maybe)

Around the same time Art Linkletter's daughter flew
Huge news, all the Moms warned about "funny" candy
And not to Take a Bite, Not one bite.

That and the album HAIR; quite the combo -
A Giant, Ying/Yang Yes/No YoYo
- Just Say No came later -

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#41 Mar 8, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>If you approve of drug use, U R a lib.
Why?
1. Personal responsibility. Do U believe in it?
2. Personal safety. Do U feel safe working with druggies?
3. I get it, people will do what they want. But why make it easier for them to kill (you or me) through personal incompetence, and get away with it?????
If someone doesn't have any respect for themselves, why should I have any respect for them?
You're not a very big thinker. I never said I approve of drug use. I'm a Constitutional conservative who can see that the government has no right or granted authority to regulate how people use their bodies. It is an infringement on peoples personal rights and only multiplies the damage done on society. Do I feel safe working with drug addicts? No. Fact is we already do.
Ever heard of Employment at Will? That little nugget would give an employer to not hire, and/or fire those who decide to do drugs in their free time.
Do I believe in personal responsibility? Hell yes I do! One reason I don't support the War on Drugs. I never said you should respect someone for doing drugs. I'm telling you, you should respect personal rights.
Drug prohibition only multiplies the damage done to society from drugs. Go look at at the War on drugs thread on Weird and read it.

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#42 Mar 8, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>If you approve of drug use, U R a lib.
Why?
1. Personal responsibility. Do U believe in it?
2. Personal safety. Do U feel safe working with druggies?
3. I get it, people will do what they want. But why make it easier for them to kill (you or me) through personal incompetence, and get away with it?????
If someone doesn't have any respect for themselves, why should I have any respect for them?
Common Sense? Nope! You don't have it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 min TheJerseyDevil 33,383
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Sharlene45 197,855
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 41 min syamsu 205,489
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 42 min Knock off purse s... 146,587
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 53 min Bezeer 8,397
Word association (Jun '07) 54 min Bezeer 5,285
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 55 min Bezeer 3,788
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 710
2words into 2new words (May '12) 3 hr Sharlene45 3,929
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Deer Whisperer 60,011
More from around the web