Kill a python, win a prize?

Dec 6, 2012 | Posted by: Hitesrunprincess | Full story: www.ksdk.com

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is announcing the 2013 Python Challenge with a goal of increasing public awareness about Burmese pythons and how this invasive species is a threat to the Everglades ecosystem, including native wildlife.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

They're wanting them LIVE? Screw that. Kill 'em where you find 'em take the head for proof. Its not like the PYTHONS are endangered... Why do they want them alive? To return them to Burma?

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

Sandy Shores

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

whats the prize if i do kill one????

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 6, 2012
 

“Hey Moe ! ! !”

Level 8

Since: May 12

Alapaha , Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 7, 2012
 
Dangerous way to earn a maybe buck
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 7, 2012
 
Kill, kill, kill...
Sounds like an old Arlo Guthrie song.
Parden pard

Catasauqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 7, 2012
 
Donkey Estonkey wrote:
Kill, kill, kill...
Sounds like an old Arlo Guthrie song.
Good call.! I like background music when killing Pythons.It tames the beast they say.Even the alligators smile,,,,,
Rejoice be Heard

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 7, 2012
 
good eating i hear

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Syloc wrote:
Dangerous way to earn a maybe buck
How? You see snake,stand back about 20 feet,shoot snake with shotgun loaded with #5 shot. Dead snake. Cut off head,collect bounty. Sounds simple to me.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 7, 2012
 
Who wrote:
Watch out for PETA nutters though, they're more dangerous and unpredictable than the pythons.
Besides, wouldn't you rather have the pythons than the PETA nutjobs?
Plausible alibi: "I swear Officer,just as I pulled the trigger on this huge f**king python some crackpot threw themself in front of the snake."

ooooops

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bama Yankee wrote:
Hard to get past, what would i do, if twelve year olds, had racks like that, when i was growing up....lol....

“Hey Moe ! ! !”

Level 8

Since: May 12

Alapaha , Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 7, 2012
 
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>How? You see snake,stand back about 20 feet,shoot snake with shotgun loaded with #5 shot. Dead snake. Cut off head,collect bounty. Sounds simple to me.
They want them alive.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Syloc wrote:
<quoted text>They want them alive.
The video say's dead or alive.....

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Who wrote:
Watch out for PETA nutters though, they're more dangerous and unpredictable than the pythons.
Besides, wouldn't you rather have the pythons than the PETA nutjobs?
The PETA "nutjobs" might make an exception in your case.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 8, 2012
 
Donkey Estonkey wrote:
Kill, kill, kill...
Sounds like an old Arlo Guthrie song.
"Alice's Restaurant".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 8, 2012
 
Syloc wrote:
<quoted text>They want them alive.
I kayak in the 'Glades often enough - I've seen the things a coupla times, in the 8 - 10-foot range. FF&W knows perfectly well that the only way to eradicate the damn' things is to put a bounty on 'em.
It's just not quite PC to do so.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I kayak in the 'Glades often enough - I've seen the things a coupla times, in the 8 - 10-foot range. FF&W knows perfectly well that the only way to eradicate the damn' things is to put a bounty on 'em.
It's just not quite PC to do so.
They should do it anyway, the environment is way more important tan PC....this challenge seem's like they might be slowly growing into it....feeling their way, so to speak....

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 8, 2012
 
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>They should do it anyway, the environment is way more important tan PC....this challenge seem's like they might be slowly growing into it....feeling their way, so to speak....
One can only hope.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Ol' Larry "Obastard's 2nd official ass kisser" is here everyone, we can breathe a sigh of relief.
Do something about your mental constipation so you can breathe a sigh of relief, a'hole.
PETA people, who care about our fellow creatures, are the good guys, with one exception, when the creature is you.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 8, 2012
 
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Do something about your mental constipation so you can breathe a sigh of relief, a'hole.
PETA people, who care about our fellow creatures, are the good guys, with one exception, when the creature is you.
"According to records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA has killed more than 25,000 animals (mostly dogs and cats) at its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia."

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 8, 2012
 
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
"According to records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA has killed more than 25,000 animals (mostly dogs and cats) at its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia."
If that is true, it's because no one was willing to adopt them. All in all, PETA's mission is to treat animals with respect, compassion, and dignity, and to protect their rights as fellow forms of life. I fail to see what is wrong with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••