that I'm the selfish one

You make up
your mind
and decide
that you need some time
and I look like the bad guy
so I don't know
what to do!
Sounds like you need to give the guy some time. He probably wants to (try)mend things with another ? But never fear she will never my dear, so dry those tears and spread your cheer ! Soon she will leave and there u will be. For better or worse u guys made your bed. Best of luck to u and the duck .
Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#489 Apr 30, 2013
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you need to give the guy some time. He probably wants to (try)mend things with another ? But never fear she will never my dear, so dry those tears and spread your cheer ! Soon she will leave and there u will be. For better or worse u guys made your bed. Best of luck to u and the duck .
OMG... The English language is a form of communication!

Conversation isn't just crossfire where you shoot and get shot at! Where you've got to duck for your life and aim to kill! Words aren't only bombs and bullets....... no, they're little gifts, containing meanings!

That's my gift. I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck's back. If it's not positive, I didn't hear it. If you can overcome that, fights are easy.

DeVine.

Since: Feb 13

Step Into My Realm

#499 May 4, 2013
Anonymous DeVine wrote:
Baby, it's the way you grabbed me,
the way you whispered in my ear,
the names you called me,
before you lost it.
It's the way you tore at my shirt,
the way you hit me,
the force you used,
before you went lower.
It's how many people pinned me,
the way you kissed my neck,
the way you thought you did no wrong,
before I screamed with all my might.
It's the way you yelled at me,
the way you told me to shut up,
the way you helped hold me down,
before you reached down my pants.
It's the way I felt pinned beneath you,
the way I wiggled just to be free,
the way I screamed all over again,
before you panicked and ran away.
It's the way I kept your name a secret,
The way that no one knows what happened,
the way I hate you,
before, I thought I loved you.
wow.....just wow....

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#501 May 4, 2013
Anonymous DeVine wrote:
Why do we let the ones who surround us hurt us so badly? Those we cherish more than the sweetest of kisses, the warmest of hugs, the best of our laughs..
The people we grow to love and hate to live without, regardless of the endless fights and harsh words-like knives to eachothers backs, daggers to our hearts...
Always finding a way to forgiveness, make peace, start again-No matter how predictable our vicous cycles are, there remains the fact that in order to appreciate the ones we love we must also at some point come to hate them...
Hate what they say about others in their absence, hate their annoying little quirks, hate even more how we find ouselves drawn to love them no matter what...
We torture our souls, subject our hearts to being broken, feel the wetness of tears shed from the inconsolable words spoken in anger and frustration..
Like clockwork we endure all love has to offer, with warnings and all-fully aware that the outcome of a dying love or friendship has consequences and regrets like nothing else in life...
Impossible to find comparison in any other act or experience we find ourselves a part of..Most of us cannot imagine existing in solitude so we compromise ourselves, our actions, to have a hand to hold along our journey, a shoulder to cry on, an arm to lean on...
So much is sacrificed in the name of love yet if thought about, our losses are almost always greater in this than if we chose to walk alone...
Knowing this changes nothing, it remains the only constant thing about loving and losing-we lose...
Lose sight, lose sleep, lose ourselves, lose eachother, lose our minds, lose faith, lose our way, lose our purpose, lose direction...
Each and every love in my life is behind me, above me, below me...so now i must decide
i choose the only place left in this world that I haven't walked, the path of solitude...
I am not afraid as I have known the greatest & worst in people, I have lived underneath heaven as well as in hell and have danced with the Devil while God stood in line...
I will be loved and will be able to love again, but to truly know and have it I must say goodbye to the falsity of what love has been to me and become loveless
I can no longer lose...I am so ready
Adrian...LOVE IS OVER-RATED!!... Has been Commercialized, repeated volumes of the words " I Love You" ..cease to interest and Poets have dramatized this fragile emotion sensuously.... LOVE Always finds it's way into a heart THAT will accept it's Divine presence... Willingly.. SO ROCK ON, Devine!!!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#502 May 5, 2013
In high school I fell in love with a young man who was half American Indian. My father wouldn't tolerate it. Many many years later my dad commented to my sister that this man had become a good husband and father and always provided for his family. It thrilled me and saddened me at the same time.

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#503 May 5, 2013
omg wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you need to give the guy some time. He probably wants to (try)mend things with another ? But never fear she will never my dear, so dry those tears and spread your cheer ! Soon she will leave and there u will be. For better or worse u guys made your bed. Best of luck to u and the duck .
Ducks quack

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#506 May 6, 2013
Dead huh? Well that's so depressing I might go slit my wrists.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#510 May 14, 2013
ADRIAN DeVINE wrote:
I became an asterisk in your mind's eye
while my owns swelled up full of indignation
and resentment towards you,
love, never my own of course,
but someone else's
and it's in your name
that I write these verses
in hopes of clearing up the air a bit
between you and me.
I am the forgotten for sure,
I have come to terms with my fate
and maybe, just maybe
I should had used your name in vain
like most people do
who can't withstand the rain
hence my flooded heart
through the wear and tear of time
a dusted piece of antique furniture
a clock with no arms
a frigid block of ice
unreachable by your sights
untouchable by your touch
oh, how I barely knew you love
at the old railroad station
you kept missing your stop.
Unpunctual love
I'll always have you know
that my roots never sailed
never to seek anything else
NICE, kiddo!!

“Happy Valentines Day”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Coming Soon

#511 May 14, 2013
Crying is how your heart speaks,when your lips can't explain the pain you feel...:O(
Sweetie-Pie

United States

#518 May 21, 2013
I loved, which was purgatory.

I lost, which was hell.

and I survived.
Heaven!

"When an emotional injury has taken place, the body begins a process as natural as the healing of a physical wound. Let the process happen. Trust that nature will do the healing. Know that the pain will pass and, when it passes, you will be stronger, happier, more sensitive and aware..."

- from the Author's Notes

"How to Survive the Loss of a Love"

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#519 May 21, 2013
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
I loved, which was purgatory.
I lost, which was hell.
and I survived.
Heaven!
"When an emotional injury has taken place, the body begins a process as natural as the healing of a physical wound. Let the process happen. Trust that nature will do the healing. Know that the pain will pass and, when it passes, you will be stronger, happier, more sensitive and aware..."
- from the Author's Notes
"How to Survive the Loss of a Love"
WOW! Thanks....BUT a memory of A place you both visited , a song, a certain food,..ANYTHING can trigger THAT memory of that Loved One..Who passed away, or broke up with ya...THEN.. You may cry..OR You.. will just SMILE with your heart of a treasured memory.. THAT will never tarnish... TIME DOES HEAL ALL WOUNDS... But a BROKEN HEART.. Needs a bit longer...Psace~
Sweetie-Pie

United States

#520 May 21, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> WOW! Thanks....BUT a memory of A place you both visited , a song, a certain food,..ANYTHING can trigger THAT memory of that Loved One..Who passed away, or broke up with ya...THEN.. You may cry..OR You.. will just SMILE with your heart of a treasured memory.. THAT will never tarnish... TIME DOES HEAL ALL WOUNDS... But a BROKEN HEART.. Needs a bit longer...Psace~
"one thing I forgot:

after the
pain of parting
comes the
happiness of healing.

rediscovering
life,
friends,
self.

Joy."

I don't have a broken heart, CC
Sweetie-Pie

United States

#521 May 22, 2013
"to give you up.

God!
what a bell of freedom
that rings within me

no more waiting for
letters
phone calls
post cards
that never come.

no more creative energy
wasted
In letters never mailed.

and, after awhile,

no more insomnia.
no more insanity.

some more happiness.
some more life.

all it took was giving you up.

and that took quite a bit."
Sweetie-Pie

United States

#522 May 22, 2013
"I shall miss loving you.

I shall miss the
Comfort
of your embrace.

I shall miss the
Loneliness
of waiting for your
calls that never came.

I shall miss the Joy
of our comings,
and the Pain
of your goings.

and,
after a time,
I shall miss

missing
loving
you."

“Dancin' in the Rain”

Level 4

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#524 May 22, 2013
Sad eyes ..
Turn the other way
I don't wanna see you cry

Sad eyes ..
You'd knew there'd come a day
When we would have to say Good~bye ~~

The BG's

“Happy Valentines Day”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Coming Soon

#525 May 22, 2013
Sometimes we must be hurt in order to grow.We must fail in order to know.We must lose in order to gain because some lessons in life are best learned thru pain.......
Sweetie-Pie

United States

#530 May 23, 2013
SHADOW DeVINE wrote:
<quoted text>
She left me, I'm still here as you can see, you silly old hermaphrodite.
Smart she.
Sweetie-Pie

United States

#531 May 23, 2013
SHADOW DeVINE wrote:
<quoted text>
She left me, I'm still here as you can see, you silly old hermaphrodite.
Dumb twit.
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#532 May 25, 2013
"The hottest love has the coldest end..."
Vince royner

Baltimore, MD

#538 Jun 2, 2013
Last month I lost a love, the greatest happiness I ever knew. Basically over money. I was always giving the last 5 years for her. Seldom gave me any gifts. If low on my budget, I still gave. Last month she needed money (again) and as before promised to repay the next day. She did'nt. Took off to another state for 4 days with friends. Would'nt answer my calls ( at that time I did'nt know she went away). She knew that was my last bit of money. So I had 4 days no money and no food. A neighbor provided meals. When she came back, is when I found out she left town,I said no more loans. She said her mother was on the eay to pick her up. I left. A few minutes later emails came in and very nasty filth messages! Even a death threat. I called police and showed them the text messages. However, I was very angry yet a few days later I know I still love her, never will hate her. But can't have someone with such rage in my life. Those 5 years were fantastic. No regrets. She got involved with drugs. When her source of money for it stopped, I guess she's going through withdrawl. Or at least partial withdrawl since she has others to indulge in whatever they can get. I said to her she needs a detox program. I never loved anyone more than her. At least I had that great love life. Knew the joys of such. So no regrets. Better to have known it than never having one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min wichita-rick 155,459
I Haven't Had____? In ages (Sep '12) 7 min Law D Doll 1,013
Ohio pair say unhurried burglar fed dog bologna... 16 min Christshariahns 1
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Doug77 8,880
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 18 min anne bonny 474
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min NoahLovesU 142,843
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 23 min ms_Sweeter 7,675
Why do YOU get on Topix? 35 min Princess Hey 59
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 1 hr mr goodwrench 814
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr -Lea- 28,798