Lets be civil for a change
Mysterious One

United States

#81 May 18, 2007
Traffic red light runners are commom now in S.E. Pennsylvania(more like Trance-a-vain yah).Spoke with a few from other parts of this state that make the same observation of this region,and that is 24/7 around here.How are drivers in your area?I use the phrase Trance-a vania yah to refer to the apparent state of mind,they look like they are in a trance,or so vain that they drive without looking at the road-its looking in the mirror for grooming.

Since: Feb 07

Newington, CT

#82 May 18, 2007
Mysterious One wrote:
Traffic red light runners are commom now in S.E. Pennsylvania(more like Trance-a-vain yah).Spoke with a few from other parts of this state that make the same observation of this region,and that is 24/7 around here.How are drivers in your area?I use the phrase Trance-a vania yah to refer to the apparent state of mind,they look like they are in a trance,or so vain that they drive without looking at the road-its looking in the mirror for grooming.
Are you talking about people who run red lights, or are you talking about people who make right turns on red?
Mysterious One

Auburn Hills, MI

#83 May 18, 2007
George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about people who run red lights, or are you talking about people who make right turns on red?
Red light runners are just that.When so many -no turn on red-signs were put up,there are those who turn anyway,so I consider that running a red light.What I speak of are those that are approaching a traffic signal already red and drivers go through making a left turn on a busy 4 lane highway.I live 80ft from such an intersection and any time of day I see drivers coming to this red light and can clearly see a red light,slow down to see if they can drive through it as soon as a car/s pass.Some drive through regardless of oncoming traffic,horns blowing at the violators,an few collide here and there.Philadelphia put up traffic light cameras on Rosevelt Blvd. were several deaths were from red light runners.Even with public announcements,drivers still ran red lights.The tv news video taped drivers doing it.The cameras caught the license plate #s and citations were issued.It finaly got to these drivers that a red light means stop.They see the red traffic light.Some take advantage of the small lot for stores near me to get past waiting for the light when there are other cars ahead of them.They can't go through the red light because of that,so they drive around it using said parking lot.These are the same drivers that use this intersection daily(neighbors,deliveries,com muters).
Mysterious One

Auburn Hills, MI

#84 May 18, 2007
Not so many years ago,I would come back home in the early morning hours(12am-3am)and at those hours seldom a driver would pass a red light.It seems unbeleivable now that I write this,that drivers actually waited for the light to turn green at those hours!A few would stop at a red light,look around for cop car,if none wait a bit,then go through the red light.Most would wait the full time for the light to change.Now Its don't bother to stop unless its too many cars passing with no chance to go through,during the 8am-7pm hours.

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#85 May 18, 2007
Come to Atlanta and the surrounding area's, dah-link, run one, your tag number is cought in a nice photograph!

paisleyposey

“END THE FED!”

Level 1

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#86 May 19, 2007
Mysterious One wrote:
Reader's Digest ran an article that reported the most dangerous situations for drivers. They said that; when observing the laws, interstate driving was the safest of all.
Deadliest accidents for drivers; 4-way stops with speed limits at 35 mph or lower, usually within 5 miles of the home.
The danger is in the drivers, who do not stop. Side-impact is your biggest danger as a driver. I'll wager Vee will back me up on this one...
The reason the 5 miles within home area is so statistically dangerous, is that we let down our guard more when in familiar surroundings.
Vee, am I right?

Newington, CT

#87 May 19, 2007
The problem here, with putting up so many "no turn on red signs" is that it actually gums up traffic. My state seems to be one fat parking lot, especially in town, and the last thing people want, is rush hour at all hours of the day, where they live. DoT and the municipalities, have not an inkling about traffic flow, when they put these signs up. They just put them up willy nilly, and the end result, it creates even more traffic problels than it has fixed.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#88 May 19, 2007
"She's got Sammy Davis Eyes!" - Kim Carnes

Newington, CT

#89 May 19, 2007
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
"She's got Sammy Davis Eyes!" - Kim Carnes
Try again.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#90 May 19, 2007
George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text>Try again.
Betty Davis??

Newington, CT

#91 May 19, 2007
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Betty Davis??
Yes.

And who is Madeline?

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#92 May 19, 2007
Madeline is the little girl kidnapped in the algarve, Portugal last week or so. The family was on vacation.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#93 May 19, 2007
George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
And who is Madeline?
http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

George this is noe a world-wide story..

There's a major hunt on for this beautiful child...

If you are into 'praying' please pray..

Newington, CT

#94 May 19, 2007
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
George this is noe a world-wide story..
There's a major hunt on for this beautiful child...
If you are into 'praying' please pray..
They haven't found her yet???? Do they have any leads or anything of that nature?

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95 May 19, 2007
George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text>They haven't found her yet???? Do they have any leads or anything of that nature?
ZERO George,
Despite the fact that it is being given world-wide publicity.. hey have drawn a blank..

They thought they had a lead last week, but they pulled someone, it seems, in a desperate effort to be seen to be 'getting somewhere' but
that effort also seems to have come to to nothing ...

I, personally, feel though, and it's anyone's guess, that whoever took her, was highly organised, in their evil ways, as, to be able to
dodge THIS amount of publicity takes 'some doing'

However, I dare say, the police are beavering away, behind the scenes, and, very likely, not showing their full hand, so to speak.. for fear of being swarmed by the ever-present and invasive media.
Mysterious One

United States

#96 May 19, 2007
paisleyposey wrote:
<quoted text>
Reader's Digest ran an article that reported the most dangerous situations for drivers. They said that; when observing the laws, interstate driving was the safest of all.
Deadliest accidents for drivers; 4-way stops with speed limits at 35 mph or lower, usually within 5 miles of the home.
The danger is in the drivers, who do not stop. Side-impact is your biggest danger as a driver. I'll wager Vee will back me up on this one...
The reason the 5 miles within home area is so statistically dangerous, is that we let down our guard more when in familiar surroundings.
Vee, am I right?
I agree.

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#97 May 19, 2007
Courtesy

Help make posting on TOPIX a pleasurable experience for your fellow TOPIX posters. Be considerate and follow these rules and suggestions:

Smoking, eating, drinking or playing radios or tape recorders without headphones are prohibited in Forums and on Threads. Violations can lead to citations and fines.

Pets completely enclosed within special carrying cases and police, guide, service and signal dogs are the only animals permitted on TOPIX.

Please do not leave paper or other refuse on the Threads.

Allow disembarking posters to leave the topic first before you post, providing them with enough room to depart safely and efficiently.

Please yield your seat to standing seniors and people with disabilities on a crowded thread, particularly if you are in a seat close to the train doors.

Set your mobile phone to vibrate, if possible.

Keep your voice low when conversing with fellow posters and on your mobile phone.

Newington, CT

#98 May 19, 2007
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
ZERO George,
Despite the fact that it is being given world-wide publicity.. hey have drawn a blank..
They thought they had a lead last week, but they pulled someone, it seems, in a desperate effort to be seen to be 'getting somewhere' but
that effort also seems to have come to to nothing ...
I, personally, feel though, and it's anyone's guess, that whoever took her, was highly organised, in their evil ways, as, to be able to
dodge THIS amount of publicity takes 'some doing'
However, I dare say, the police are beavering away, behind the scenes, and, very likely, not showing their full hand, so to speak.. for fear of being swarmed by the ever-present and invasive media.
Was in the grocery story this evening. Saw the cover of "People" magazine. Her picture was on it, along with a big fat headline saying "Girl kidnapped out her parents room while on vacation".

paisleyposey

“END THE FED!”

Level 1

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#99 May 19, 2007
The Big Time wrote:
Courtesy
Help make posting on TOPIX a pleasurable experience for your fellow TOPIX posters. Be considerate and follow these rules and suggestions:
Smoking, eating, drinking or playing radios or tape recorders without headphones are prohibited in Forums and on Threads. Violations can lead to citations and fines.
Pets completely enclosed within special carrying cases and police, guide, service and signal dogs are the only animals permitted on TOPIX.
Please do not leave paper or other refuse on the Threads.
Allow disembarking posters to leave the topic first before you post, providing them with enough room to depart safely and efficiently.
Please yield your seat to standing seniors and people with disabilities on a crowded thread, particularly if you are in a seat close to the train doors.
Set your mobile phone to vibrate, if possible.
Keep your voice low when conversing with fellow posters and on your mobile phone.
Well, I've had many Coors Lights.
So I will take your great advice.
Goodnite, everyone! John Boy, Jim Bob and the like.
I'll make my way back in the morn...
Mysterious One

United States

#100 May 22, 2007
Whats up for your Memorial day weekend?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min 8541 MARINE 25,131
News Branded for Bernie: Dozens Get Inked With Free ... (Feb '16) 10 min Dan Doyle 12
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 17 min Bovenzi13 3,602
Things That Are Solid,... 30 min Bullet Proof 23
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 37 min andet1987 1,109
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 49 min Regolith Based Li... 222,155
Things that make life eaiser... (Apr '15) 1 hr Bovenzi13 843
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 5,440
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 1 hr F_R_E_D aka Ohio Sam 2,982
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr DumpTrump 221,966
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 3 hr Paisley_Posey 35,402
More from around the web