Lets be civil for a change

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21 May 12, 2007
Mysterious One wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes I felt like leaving topics for similar reasons.The inability of conversation without insult.Its tough.Nothing worthwhile is.I want to be a better person and not stoop down to lower levels of conduct in order to express myself.
Personally, there were times when I had no faith and I thought there could not be a God when he allows children to be kidnapped, murdered, people through no fault of their own to be homeless, hungry, alone, people to be murdered by terrorists that he created, nine eleven,people who tow the line only to struggle to make ends meet, having to beg borrow and steal, the elderly having to decide if they want to eat or buy medications they need to keep on living when they have no future, and it was a test of my will and my faith. Three years ago this higher authority proved that he did not exist. So no. I dont believe there can be. Reminds me a lot of the Wizard Of Oz. Dorothy said to Frank Morgan, "You are a very bad man." He replied, "No my dear, I am a very good man, I am am a very bad wizard." One thing that I do know. Once you take something from me, you cannot take it away from me twice. The worst thing that happened to me, already did. I admire those people that get knocked down, pick themselves up, and still believe. I love that song by Tub Thumping, "I Get Knocked Down." I too, get up again, but it is not my choice.

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#22 May 12, 2007
Yes, I believe in God!! He is the creator, the alpha, the beta, the beginning and the end. Anyone can deny God but the instant they're in a life or death situation the first thing they say is, "God, help me!"
God and I talk all the time and I have done many things He's not proud of me for. I ask for his forgiveness each morning and night.
When you go to bed at night, ask God if he approved of everything you did this day. He will help you see the faults and I have many. I am moody and can't stand to see one human hurt another, mentally, physically or emotionally. I do have a streak in me that will loose control at times and I will lash out. Especially if I see someone I care about being treated wrong.
I am not God but a sister in God and I want to live life in a positive manner and be ready when He comes knocking on my door. I owe many people an appology but it's to the point it wasn't excepted but it's their rights. I love everyone anyway. Take care and remember to treat people the way you want to be treated..
Mysterious One

United States

#23 May 13, 2007
I have no problem if someone beleives or not.It has always been a personal choice to me,if one chooses either way.Each of us has free will to choose.So be it.Preists,Cardinals,Rabbis,tv evangelists cannot save me or you,only you can repent,answer for your sins.This is why I never spurt-force my beleifs on anyone.You can ask,I can tell,it is still up to you only.I never protest for religious cause such as in abortion.If you're going to hell for something you did,thats on you.So I say to people "worry about what you do".Thank GOD I never had an argument over religion,as least so far.I heard arguments over it.I accept anyones beleif or non-beleif.Its worked for me.I have no need to insult anyone over it because of acceptance.
Mysterious One

United States

#24 May 13, 2007
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, there were times when I had no faith and I thought there could not be a God when he allows children to be kidnapped, murdered, people through no fault of their own to be homeless, hungry, alone, people to be murdered by terrorists that he created, nine eleven,people who tow the line only to struggle to make ends meet, having to beg borrow and steal, the elderly having to decide if they want to eat or buy medications they need to keep on living when they have no future, and it was a test of my will and my faith. Three years ago this higher authority proved that he did not exist. So no. I dont believe there can be. Reminds me a lot of the Wizard Of Oz. Dorothy said to Frank Morgan, "You are a very bad man." He replied, "No my dear, I am a very good man, I am am a very bad wizard." One thing that I do know. Once you take something from me, you cannot take it away from me twice. The worst thing that happened to me, already did. I admire those people that get knocked down, pick themselves up, and still believe. I love that song by Tub Thumping, "I Get Knocked Down." I too, get up again, but it is not my choice.
I respect your doubts,and I'll give you no argument over it.It is your right.This is what I mean in exchanging thoughts,ideas,opinions without insults.
Mysterious One

United States

#25 May 13, 2007
My next question:global warming.I beleive it is happening.Indisputable facts were gathered:ice core readings that show trapped atmospheric polltant levels from thousands of years ago,tree ring readings,records of wheather from the beginning of recording such,all show up-down trends that are natural through out those many centuries,but never has a sharp rapid rise in pollutants-temperatures till 1990.I stated such info on the GW thread,and of course the insults are typed so fast,I wonder if their keyboards are steaming.So,debate on Global warming,ideas or whatever your thoughts,are welcome here,free of low-brow insults to posters.
Franko

Vancouver, Canada

#26 May 13, 2007
Mommy of four wrote:
Well, it seems to me that they began the war in the first place when they hit the twin towers. That was a very sad day. It doesn't matter, it the war comes to the states we will learn to live or die with the decision.
the way I understood it was that the INTEL on the twin toweres was that this was the signal that more JIHAD was about to happen in the USA and that the attack on IRAQ was the USA's message that they were not going to sit around quietly and allow themselves to be attacked. "think twice before you do this"..

Also, I read the Conspiracy Theory that the search of weapons of mass destruction was just a smokescreen, and that the real mission was to subvert the efforts of the groups that were planning more 9-11 type attacks and gain more intel on them.

I remember the famous comment of the general who commandeered the attack on Pearl Harbour "I am afraid we may have woken a sleeping giant!".
Franko

Vancouver, Canada

#27 May 13, 2007
Mysterious One wrote:
<quoted text>HI GRACE!!!You had me going there for a bit.You are right about being afraid to say anything to not be insulting.Our culture is volitile in sensitive subjects.I often wondered why this happens.I'm a sort of "strange person" in the area of not understanding why disagreements escalate to such violent levels.Is why I say our world hasn't reached a civilized mindset.There are a few I met that I consider attaining that goal(you're one of them,as is mommy of four,the big time etc.).Let's see how long this forum lasts before someone breaks the thread.To say what one thinks without meanness is a challenge.
I applaud your noble goal
Franko

Vancouver, Canada

#28 May 13, 2007
Vee wrote:
I think that meanness depends on the mind set of the individual. I dont know what I expected from my "something is missing thread." I expected one or two people to post and then hear from no one else as the old adage is...."If you cannot say anything nice about someone dont say anything at all." Then instead of following suit, like "how nice," or "good idea," I was shoved under a runaway train by one or two "subjects" and then when I responded in kind, one decided to leave with the tail between their legs, the one who spewed the insults, and then, Roy Roger's double intervened. I believe that if one cant stand the heat they need to stay out of the kitchen. I am also a firm believer that if anyone instigates, then the person being attacked has the right to respond. Anyway, I do a lot of negotiation in my day-to-day life and am quite well versed at adult conversation. Bear in mind that if things get too serious and rigid on here, there might be boredom and a few yawns. The gas is going up again. It was 2.94 today. Cars were at every pump, with cars behind them. I really wondered if anyone was going to remember about the 15th. Dumb if you ask me. Let us gas up today like fiends, so we have enough gas to get around on the 15th?????????? I got word that it will peak at 4 dollars a gallon. I work 10 minutes away. My mode of transporation could soon be the bicycle. Instead of boycotting the gas pumps on the 15th, let us all visit the bike shops. In droves. Get one with a cute open wicker basket in the front with cute little ice cream bells. Left and right directional signals. Reflectors. Wallah.
One of our local newspapers suggested that half the parents who drive their kids to and from school every day go less than 5 blocks and they coud easily walk. HOwever, if you are in sales, trucking, and other indistries requireing travel, you are SOL and the cost of fuel will soon pass on within the cost of consumer goods ... there is a cascade effect.

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

#29 May 14, 2007
Thanks Franko...helpful information there.. how are you?

Vee

Location hidden

#30 May 14, 2007
Mommy of four wrote:
Thanks Franko...helpful information there.. how are you?
He is virtually 30. Arent we all?
Grace Nerissa

Bray, Ireland

#31 May 14, 2007
Mysterious One wrote:
<quoted text>HI GRACE!!!You had me going there for a bit.You are right about being afraid to say anything to not be insulting.Our culture is volitile in sensitive subjects.I often wondered why this happens.I'm a sort of "strange person" in the area of not understanding why disagreements escalate to such violent levels.Is why I say our world hasn't reached a civilized mindset.There are a few I met that I consider attaining that goal(you're one of them,as is mommy of four,the big time etc.).Let's see how long this forum lasts before someone breaks the thread.To say what one thinks without meanness is a challenge.
Thanks,'' Mysterious One''

Yes indeed there is a very fine dividing line, and the whole question of "PC" has gone off the scale, even, I believe, some children have been scolded for saying Baa Baa Black Sheep in the nursery rhyme of that name.. they got it entirely mixed up, at that rate if you went to buy a pair of black shoes, you would have a problem expressing it: Crazy:

With regard to civility on a public forum, the line is equally blurred...
There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, in a good hot healthy argument, like one sees on a lively TV debate.

As human beings, we are blessed with different emotions, all of which add to each personality and these are what give people shade and colour and show a rounded vibrant human being...

I respect this ENORMOUSLY... To me, it can be compared to a jigsaw puzzle, if you had a vivid blue sky in the puzzle but you chose to put in grey, because you were afraid it would be too expressive... how lacking it would be.

In the same way, with people, self expression is EVERYTHING, it is a gift that we have here and moreover we are free to use it.... That's why I would not like to 'curb' any one personality and deny them of being 'themselves'

It goes without saying I am not referring to the person who might grossly insult and offend another...Vee was right to the letter when she suggested
to quote her "If someone instigates an argument, the other has right of reply'' Absolutely correct...

My motto would be, as I see it...
Not to be outrageous in comment...
but equally, neither to be too bland...
but above all ... to strike the happy medium here.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Level 3

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#32 May 14, 2007
Mysterious One wrote:
This forum is for ADULT conversations without nasty,derogatory comments.Express ideas,comments in a civilized manner.NO INSULTS here.Agree/disagree and why.Whether it be politics,religion,global warming,your next door neighbor.Can it be done?
What are you, trying to start trouble?(haha lol hee haw)

Vee

Location hidden

#33 May 14, 2007
Gomer wrote:
<quoted text>
shut up..........R E M O G!!!!!

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Level 3

Buffalo, NY

#34 May 14, 2007
Vee wrote:
<quoted text> shut up..........R E M O G!!!!!
;o)

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

#35 May 14, 2007
If I'm virtually 30 then why is gravity pulling my skin South??? LMAO!!!

“Your Wife!”

Location hidden

#36 May 14, 2007
Mommy of four wrote:
If I'm virtually 30 then why is gravity pulling my skin South??? LMAO!!!
Must be those tornados ?Mommy!

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#37 May 14, 2007
Mysterious One wrote:
I don't see how I missed this one.....

whAT did you say about ME...?

LOL
Grace Nerissa

Bray, Ireland

#38 May 14, 2007
The Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how I missed this one.....
whAT did you say about ME...?
LOL
Yes, TBT, Mysterious One said it about YOU, MO4 and me,

And ... Gracious thanks...

Though, were it left to me,

I would add on MANY more, from my point of view..

It is an honour and a pleasure knowing MOST of the people here..
EVERYONE has something of value and there are wonderful things in each human being's character that we can learn from and...in turn...
they take from us...

We are ALL special:

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#39 May 14, 2007
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, TBT, Mysterious One said it about YOU, MO4 and me,
And ... Gracious thanks...
Though, were it left to me,
I would add on MANY more, from my point of view..
It is an honour and a pleasure knowing MOST of the people here..
EVERYONE has something of value and there are wonderful things in each human being's character that we can learn from and...in turn...
they take from us...
We are ALL special:
Oh Great,

you always take Mysterious One's side,

thats not fair.....LOL
Mysterious One

Auburn Hills, MI

#40 May 14, 2007
Gomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to avoid it.I fall into the trap of getting nasty when a poster gives an insult,as other posters said "no need to go so low,we are adults here".I enjoy debates such as Hardball with Chris Matthews.Debate without insults or cuss words.I strive to keep above that level,but I'm human and when someone goes below the belt,then I go below the belt,and its elementary school days again.So I hope to have at least one thread where any of us can go when tired of topics going from the subject to mostly insults,and have a sigh of releif to chat in a civilized context.Its the way I prefer to remain.A person in control of temper.A place where we need not defend our opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 3 min wichita-rick 7,648
Why did Ozzie say..."Winter is Coming"? (Oct '11) 11 min Bev G 26
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 23 min greymouser 17,716
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min honeymylove 230,797
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 46 min honeymylove 1,364
I Like..... (Mar '14) 59 min North Mountain 1,884
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 1 hr aka Deja Blue 6,779
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr DumpTrump 35,067