Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2007

This forum is for ADULT conversations without nasty,derogatory comments.Express ideas,comments in a civilized manner.NO INSULTS here.Agree/disagree and why.Whether it be politics,religion,global warming,your next door neighbor.Can it be done?
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2007

I'll begin with the war in Iraq.Do you think we did all that is possible?Should we leave?

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2007

There's been more than enough damage, death, destruction, and blood shed over there; send out troops home. I was watching something on TV and the person talking said when we do withdraw the troops, the war will come to the USA. Did I hear this right?

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

This is a lot like the miscellanious thread that Grace created and no has been on there for a long time.

“Autumn”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Mysterious One wrote:
This forum is for ADULT conversations without nasty,derogatory comments.Express ideas,comments in a civilized manner.NO INSULTS here.Agree/disagree and why.Whether it be politics,religion,global warming,your next door neighbor.Can it be done?
The bloomin' cheek of YOu..

WHO the !!!*** do you think YOU are..

HOW dare YOU!

why YOU! MEAN LOW!!

HA HA HA HA!!.... JOKING,JOKING JOKING!

This is a very good idea, but also lets be careful, at the same time, not to knock the 'colour'
out of each other, where we will be afraid to say anything, which may not agree with another's opinion...

We know in the outside world how easily POLITICAL CORECCTNESS went completely
off the rails...

Since: Feb 07

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW dare YOU!
why YOU! MEAN LOW!!
This is a very good idea, but also lets be careful, at the same time, not to knock the 'colour'
out of each other, where we will be afraid to say anything, which may not agree with another's opinion...
off the rails...
P.C. Mafia is everywhere.

Intelligent ideas with insults? Hmmmmmm.

Okay, answer me this: why do people feel the need to perpetually knock certain governmental agencies all the time (i.e. chidren and family serviced or social services)? Even when they do something good, they get hammered. Why?

Since: Feb 07

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Sorry, that should read "Intelligent ideas WITHOUT insults".

“Autumn”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Mommy of four wrote:
There's been more than enough damage, death, destruction, and blood shed over there; send out troops home. I was watching something on TV and the person talking said when we do withdraw the troops, the war will come to the USA. Did I hear this right?
I must be careful in replying..
as I would be sensitve about insulting 'Your' President..

As I would be, were you to criticize our PM.

However,
I think it was an error of magnitude to have gone into Iraq,Saddam forecast, were they to do so, that it would take a while, but they would 'rue'
the day ...

Villan and all that HE was, his words have come to pass..
I could NEVER understand why they, so quickly took the spotlight
of Bin Laden and his 'Merry Men' and Afghanistan, and turned full focus
on ''Iraq'' thus enabling Osama to make an easy exit and become lost in thecrowds.

The hope of finding him now, I imagine, is slim.
The man has become a mythical character...

Years later, it seems, no solution has been found to the Iraq problem..
Thousands needlessly died, amongst them, many innocents..

Daily accounts of car bombs and other deprivations..and it seems, altho' we hear the opposite,
the insurgents have gained the upper hand entirely,in Iraq

Seeing is believing.

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Well, it seems to me that they began the war in the first place when they hit the twin towers. That was a very sad day. It doesn't matter, it the war comes to the states we will learn to live or die with the decision.

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

if the war*
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Mommy of four wrote:
Yes you heard right.The planned attack on Fort Dix is a recent example.Al-quida doesn't need Iraq,there are cells the world over.So I think its best to leave Iraq,direct funds to fight terrorist whever else needed.Iraq has made little effort to stand up on its own,indicating that they never will.at least in our lifetime.We were there long enough,Iraq didn't meet their responsibilities to step up to the plate so to speak,so that is our way out.
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Vee wrote:
This is a lot like the miscellanious thread that Grace created and no has been on there for a long time.
Yes it is.It is where I got this idea from.More for the nasty comments I got on know facts,being called all kinds of names,which any of us has had on topics,That I wanted to start fresh with them,to establish a more respectful dialog.I never had the need to be nasty in an answer to anyone.Whether I thought someone was "full of it" or deranged,I answer respectfully.However,growing up in this world,being human,I defend my stance only when someone gets insulting with me.Any of my past posts prove that.This is my attempt to do as Grace did.And I thank Grace for a great idea.I would like to see if some of our ill-mannered posters can come here and be civil.Express ideas,state opinions without attitude.
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW dare YOU!
why YOU! MEAN LOW!!
off the rails...
HI GRACE!!!You had me going there for a bit.You are right about being afraid to say anything to not be insulting.Our culture is volitile in sensitive subjects.I often wondered why this happens.I'm a sort of "strange person" in the area of not understanding why disagreements escalate to such violent levels.Is why I say our world hasn't reached a civilized mindset.There are a few I met that I consider attaining that goal(you're one of them,as is mommy of four,the big time etc.).Let's see how long this forum lasts before someone breaks the thread.To say what one thinks without meanness is a challenge.
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text>P.C. Mafia is everywhere.
Intelligent ideas with insults? Hmmmmmm.
Okay, answer me this: why do people feel the need to perpetually knock certain governmental agencies all the time (i.e. chidren and family serviced or social services)? Even when they do something good, they get hammered. Why?
Poor education,weened on drugs,pyscological disorders,the people that fall through the cracks in policies and become bitter I assume are some of the reasons.
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be careful in replying..
as I would be sensitve about insulting 'Your' President..
As I would be, were you to criticize our PM.
However,
I think it was an error of magnitude to have gone into Iraq,Saddam forecast, were they to do so, that it would take a while, but they would 'rue'
the day ...
Villan and all that HE was, his words have come to pass..
I could NEVER understand why they, so quickly took the spotlight
of Bin Laden and his 'Merry Men' and Afghanistan, and turned full focus
on ''Iraq'' thus enabling Osama to make an easy exit and become lost in thecrowds.
The hope of finding him now, I imagine, is slim.
The man has become a mythical character...
Years later, it seems, no solution has been found to the Iraq problem..
Thousands needlessly died, amongst them, many innocents..
Daily accounts of car bombs and other deprivations..and it seems, altho' we hear the opposite,
the insurgents have gained the upper hand entirely,in Iraq
Seeing is believing.
I see what you mean about talking sensitive subjects,getting posters angry.I'm not angry at your remarks.In fact,I agree with you.I'm not proud of Bush.At least so far.we are saying our opinions/views with out being mean.This is what I hope continues,albeit not easy,But I enjoy reading posts that are without insults.I will endevor to carry on my posting from this thread to other threads in responding.That is without insults.I'm just trying to grow here.
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Mommy of four wrote:
Well, it seems to me that they began the war in the first place when they hit the twin towers. That was a very sad day. It doesn't matter, it the war comes to the states we will learn to live or die with the decision.
Right you are!Time to deal with how to prevent,look over what why under a microscope,learn and correct.I was on top of the tower in 1986.I remember looking down on the top floor windows,then onto the catwalk on the roof.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

I think that meanness depends on the mind set of the individual. I dont know what I expected from my "something is missing thread." I expected one or two people to post and then hear from no one else as the old adage is...."If you cannot say anything nice about someone dont say anything at all." Then instead of following suit, like "how nice," or "good idea," I was shoved under a runaway train by one or two "subjects" and then when I responded in kind, one decided to leave with the tail between their legs, the one who spewed the insults, and then, Roy Roger's double intervened. I believe that if one cant stand the heat they need to stay out of the kitchen. I am also a firm believer that if anyone instigates, then the person being attacked has the right to respond. Anyway, I do a lot of negotiation in my day-to-day life and am quite well versed at adult conversation. Bear in mind that if things get too serious and rigid on here, there might be boredom and a few yawns. The gas is going up again. It was 2.94 today. Cars were at every pump, with cars behind them. I really wondered if anyone was going to remember about the 15th. Dumb if you ask me. Let us gas up today like fiends, so we have enough gas to get around on the 15th?????????? I got word that it will peak at 4 dollars a gallon. I work 10 minutes away. My mode of transporation could soon be the bicycle. Instead of boycotting the gas pumps on the 15th, let us all visit the bike shops. In droves. Get one with a cute open wicker basket in the front with cute little ice cream bells. Left and right directional signals. Reflectors. Wallah.
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Heres my next question.Do you beleive in God?Is this universe an natural occurance or was it created?Is the universe a giantic "snow globe" where GOD sees/hears all?Heres my take in a short version,not that I'm right,just how my little mind conceptualizes it all the best I can.As it says in the bible "in the beginning was darkness"."Let there be light" then the big-bang happened.While the matter spread out to the reaches of this universe,the mannipulation of matter was done to create the many life forms we see today,designed to evolve to survive in the changes in a pyshically dense environment.Telekenetic energy of a powerful spiritual being formed this dimension.We were placed in it.Given free will,a set of rules to live by if we choose to do so.Learn from our mistakes.Love if forced is never true love,so GOD gave us free will to choose him or reject him. As you can see this is a complex issue,many veiws,opinoins I have heard over the years.I never chastize ones beleif.That's part of life in this country,religious beleifs.Freedom of religion.I have no need to discount anothers,as crazy as mine may be,I put it up to show that I respect others right to beleif no matter have far from mine.So,if my take is way off,thats ok.No need to say "You're crazy"(I already know that).So,what is your view?
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Vee wrote:
I think that meanness depends on the mind set of the individual. I dont know what I expected from my "something is missing thread." I expected one or two people to post and then hear from no one else as the old adage is...."If you cannot say anything nice about someone dont say anything at all." Then instead of following suit, like "how nice," or "good idea," I was shoved under a runaway train by one or two "subjects" and then when I responded in kind, one decided to leave with the tail between their legs, the one who spewed the insults, and then, Roy Roger's double intervened. I believe that if one cant stand the heat they need to stay out of the kitchen. I am also a firm believer that if anyone instigates, then the person being attacked has the right to respond. Anyway, I do a lot of negotiation in my day-to-day life and am quite well versed at adult conversation. Bear in mind that if things get too serious and rigid on here, there might be boredom and a few yawns. The gas is going up again. It was 2.94 today. Cars were at every pump, with cars behind them. I really wondered if anyone was going to remember about the 15th. Dumb if you ask me. Let us gas up today like fiends, so we have enough gas to get around on the 15th?????????? I got word that it will peak at 4 dollars a gallon. I work 10 minutes away. My mode of transporation could soon be the bicycle. Instead of boycotting the gas pumps on the 15th, let us all visit the bike shops. In droves. Get one with a cute open wicker basket in the front with cute little ice cream bells. Left and right directional signals. Reflectors. Wallah.
Sometimes I felt like leaving topics for similar reasons.The inability of conversation without insult.Its tough.Nothing worthwhile is.I want to be a better person and not stoop down to lower levels of conduct in order to express myself.
Mysterious One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Interesting how when given facts,humans see them differntly.Perhaps a matter of perspective,the various ways each of us are brought up in.Preconceived notions.IQ,EQ levels in each individual?This I don't understand.Too complex.GOD only knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••