Weird crime: Ripley, N.Y., woman cite...

Weird crime: Ripley, N.Y., woman cited for stealing school vote signs

There are 90 comments on the Erie Times News story from Feb 15, 2013, titled Weird crime: Ripley, N.Y., woman cited for stealing school vote signs. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

The skinny: Chautauqua County sheriff's deputies said a Ripley, N.Y., woman drew more attention to a contentious school debate by stealing a couple signs from a yard on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
creeper

United States

#82 Jun 1, 2013
I'm curious how renting the school to an outside group (town/library) will work. Which section of the school would be rented out? How will security be maintained to ensure safety of the remaining students?(After all, everyone has to be buzzed in from the State Street side as other doors are locked at all times.) Will walls be going up within the building to segregate the school from these other public areas? What will that cost and who will foot the bill? Typically landlords are responsible for maintenance. What will that incur? I just don't understand how this will benefit the taxpayer in the long run.
And I'd like you to note that you completely lost the relevancy of my original quote. I'll try to spell it out for you so you understand. A thief is a thief and simply put, if they admit it, you can trust the fact that they are a thief,perhaps an honest thief, but nothing more. You might use more caution towards that person. However if you are lied to, whether admitted or not, and you know you are lied to, you can never trust that person again. There are many town people that feel they have been lied to in spite of putting their trust in the same group of people. Wanda didn't burn down a building or cause any bodily harm to anyone, she took down a controversial sign. If it were anyone else, it might have been forgotten and forgiven. But because it was done by someone who the RCS school board has named public enemy number one, its has essentially become a witch hunt.
I have plenty of regrets. Deciding Ripley might be a good place to raise my children is one of them. Having a cup of coffee with Wanda is NOT one of those regrets. And if you still feel she can't be trusted for taking down a ridiculous sign, I'll take it as your advice not to put a sign in my yard.

Since: May 13

Fredonia, NY

#83 Jun 1, 2013
creeper wrote:
I'm curious how renting the school to an outside group (town/library) will work. Which section of the school would be rented out? How will security be maintained to ensure safety of the remaining students?(After all, everyone has to be buzzed in from the State Street side as other doors are locked at all times.) Will walls be going up within the building to segregate the school from these other public areas? What will that cost and who will foot the bill? Typically landlords are responsible for maintenance. What will that incur? I just don't understand how this will benefit the taxpayer in the long run.
And I'd like you to note that you completely lost the relevancy of my original quote. I'll try to spell it out for you so you understand. A thief is a thief and simply put, if they admit it, you can trust the fact that they are a thief,perhaps an honest thief, but nothing more. You might use more caution towards that person. However if you are lied to, whether admitted or not, and you know you are lied to, you can never trust that person again. There are many town people that feel they have been lied to in spite of putting their trust in the same group of people. Wanda didn't burn down a building or cause any bodily harm to anyone, she took down a controversial sign. If it were anyone else, it might have been forgotten and forgiven. But because it was done by someone who the RCS school board has named public enemy number one, its has essentially become a witch hunt.
I have plenty of regrets. Deciding Ripley might be a good place to raise my children is one of them. Having a cup of coffee with Wanda is NOT one of those regrets. And if you still feel she can't be trusted for taking down a ridiculous sign, I'll take it as your advice not to put a sign in my yard.
And you don't feel that she has lied? There were many flat out lies in each mailers that she sent, and just so you know, I don't say that because the BoE told me she lied, I say that because I did the research myself, and it wasn't hard to find the truth in most cases. What I find odd is why everybody believes every word she says, when the facts clearly contradict her.
creeper

United States

#84 Jun 2, 2013
As I said before, we can agree to disagree.
abc

United States

#85 Jun 3, 2013
CLCS is the bet and only choice for our students they have the best facilities in the area they have the most room for expansion if needed they have more and more than any other school district in the area. we need a regional school district Brocton Westfield Ripley CLCS will make a great school. this is the best choice and I give a hand to Ripley School board for trying to make a better learning environment for our children it may not save us big money but it will save us something even if it is a drop in the bucket you get enough drops it adds up to a bucket.

the sign may have been wrong but you can't steal and think that is right. the town voted and they voted to tuition so live with it and support the new school system and the children here.
I moved here yrs ago and am proud to live here we our raising our children here and our happy with the choices the schools are making.

it takes us as parents to raise our children the right way and teach them right from wrong be a parent do what is the best choice for your child and support his or her education at CLCS.

I can't believe that anyone thinks that CLCS is not the best option at this time for RCS students look around we cannot support he educational needs of our children CLCS has the building the choices and the ability to help our kids so support the right choice and try to help the town out in a positive way
Westfield Res

Dunkirk, NY

#86 Jun 3, 2013
What was the final result of the charge of taking the sign? Has she gone to court yet?
rcs girl

Dunkirk, NY

#87 Jun 10, 2013
Mrs.Bently is crazy and sends out flyers of lies and lies to people to get them to support her but the community voted and the best choice won so she needs to stop
good for ripley

Carlisle, MA

#88 Jun 10, 2013
You go RCS girl you got the right ideal
what happened

West Hartford, CT

#89 Jun 27, 2013
What did she get or did they let her off
what happened

West Hartford, CT

#90 Jun 27, 2013
Does this have anything to do with suing the school
wondering

Westfield, NY

#91 Jun 28, 2013
what happened wrote:
Does this have anything to do with suing the school
Ya, come to think about it, where is this law suit??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min SLY WEST 162,983
Photo recovery software to recover deleted SD Card 9 min shuiguobaobei 1
Word Association (Jun '10) 13 min wichita-rick 27,686
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 30 min Whiny1 8,100
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 31 min Whiny1 18,778
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 31 min Whiny1 9,842
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 32 min Whiny1 1,692
REAL motorcycle traveling stories. 45 min Cash 28
DILF Sets 30 minute record 1 hr andet1987 11
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 1 hr Crazy Jae 31,963