Weird crime: Ripley, N.Y., woman cited for stealing school vote signs

Feb 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Erie Times News

The skinny: Chautauqua County sheriff's deputies said a Ripley, N.Y., woman drew more attention to a contentious school debate by stealing a couple signs from a yard on Feb.

Comments
41 - 60 of 90 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2013
angry taxpayer

North East, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Oh yes I can, just state the facts to back up your claim....let us all know
happyripleyres

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

The truth is Mrs. Krause and Mrs. Ormsby both being paid an average salary for their positions. The have put many years into continuing their educations. They have spent time and money pursuing the required degrees to hold the jobs they have. I believe they are here for the right reasons. They are student advocates. The are former teachers who understand that side of the debate also. They are mothers of RIPLEY students who want to see all kids from this town have any advantage they can. Stop expecting Ripley to give bottom barrel administration salaries. You get what you pay for and this town got a great deal.
angry citizen

North East, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

happyripleyres wrote:
The truth is Mrs. Krause and Mrs. Ormsby both being paid an average salary for their positions. The have put many years into continuing their educations. They have spent time and money pursuing the required degrees to hold the jobs they have. I believe they are here for the right reasons. They are student advocates. The are former teachers who understand that side of the debate also. They are mothers of RIPLEY students who want to see all kids from this town have any advantage they can. Stop expecting Ripley to give bottom barrel administration salaries. You get what you pay for and this town got a great deal.
You continue to listen to the Board's version of the facts. Both administrators are probably paid the average salary of administrators in Chautauqua County, however the average is comprised from a group that has been employed for 1-30 years. A fair comparison would be the average of several recent hirings at those beginning numbers. With your logic the salary for a first year teacher should be the average of all teachers employed no matter how many years of experience they have. How do you justify 100% District paid health insurance for life for Krause and her husband? That benefit is non-existent for any Administrators in Chautauqua County with the exception of former Ripley principals Wakeman and Hammond. Hamels gets it for 10 years. This unnecessary benefit will cost taxpayers over $1,000,000 over the next 20-25 years. Those facts cannot be disputed-just read their contracts. It's fine to be pro-tuitioning, I personally am for combining schools, however I'm objective when it comes to the School Board's failure to be responsible to our community. It's time you did your own thinking/homework instead of blindly following a Bob Bentley or Rowe or Krause or Ormsby.I don't fault any of those administrators for signing a contract with that kind of benefit but I am disgusted that the Board of Education would offer it. Don't for a second dispute that the hiring policy is not "friends and family".
angry taxpayer

North East, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Well stated!
funny

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Just close the school problem solved
happyripleyres

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

I have not read the contracts for every school in the county. I do know the school is not an independent entity. The independent auditors have not found malfeasance on the part of any administrator or board member.
The money is spent, fairly or not. If you want to shut down the school to combine resources with another district to give the kids a richer education you have my vote. Even if Ripley gets test scores up it is still too small. We can give our kids more by helping our host school keep their extracurriculars varied.
Orca Winfrey

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Isn't this article about someone stealing something?
funny

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

You're right
were my car

Brocton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Orca Winfrey wrote:
Isn't this article about someone stealing something?
nope who the petafile
funny

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Yes Wanda is a pedafile she tried to rape the kids out of an education
RR

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

funny

Are you kidding me! She's is trying to save this school! You really need to get your facts straight before you run your mouth! She has done so much to help these kids and keep them in the school that they want to be in!! The BOE is the one thats screwing the kids out of an education!
RR

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

^above in reply to Funny not Orca Winfrey
funny

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I'm just calling it like it is

RR
RR

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Well your wrong because she's someone who wants to keep the kids here. She definitely is not "raping the kids of an education" ... you are thinking of the wrong Bentley
funny

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

If you keep the kids in Ripley you will be raping them off an education opportunities are key for the future
RR
Officer Tackleberry

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Did the woman steal something or not?

Answer the question.
funny

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Yes she did

Officer
RR

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Funny

Maybe instead or trying to tear this school apart. They should work on building it up... There are teachers willing to teach more classes but administration wont allow it. You really need to quit using the word "rape" because the children are not being "raped" of an education and it's not the best word to use.
Marley Money

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

The kids will be just fine. Heck, I feed mine asbestos sandwiches at least twice a week.
RR

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Officer Tackleberry wrote:
Did the woman steal something or not?

Answer the question.
She did not steal anything. A sign was posted in someones yard that said " screw the kids, save the teachers, vote no." She was on the no "team" why would she steal a sign that supported the no side? Well she didn't because she removed the sign because her and the rest of the no "team" (and many others) took the sign as offensive. She (and others on the no team) thought someone on the no side put the sign up and it was offensive and disrespectful the public. The sign definitely should have been phrased differently.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••