Cops: Jehovah's Witnesses Faced Bulle...

Cops: Jehovah's Witnesses Faced Bullet Barrage

There are 276 comments on the The Smoking Gun story from Oct 1, 2013, titled Cops: Jehovah's Witnesses Faced Bullet Barrage. In it, The Smoking Gun reports that:

OCTOBER 1--Incensed that two Jehovah's Witnesses approached him in the front yard of his home, an Arkansas man allegedly had his wife retrieve his 9mm handgun from the residence and then fired 19 rounds at the pair's vehicle, police report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Smoking Gun.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#320 Oct 15, 2013
I find religiously fervent folks to be so darn funny!

"Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."

George Carlin

Level 1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#321 Oct 15, 2013
On a whole he had a pretty good head on his shoulders.. And was no dummy.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#322 Oct 15, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
I find religiously fervent folks to be so darn funny!
"Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."
George Carlin
"god is all powerful all perfect all knowing and all wise....somehow....just can't handle money"

Level 1

Location hidden

#323 Oct 15, 2013
Matt9969 wrote:
<quoted text>
"god is all powerful all perfect all knowing and all wise....somehow....just can't handle money"
. you say he can't get a grip on it..???
OR it seems ta run right through his fingers?? Or the middle man AKA.. WTS.. seems to spend it before it get's to him..??
. I hope they have something better then Walmart up there...hee hee.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#324 Oct 15, 2013
As far as money goes, the jw's view money as a means to put printed words on paper, uninspired quotes and the seven men in the east each having a individual worth of 53 million dolllars. They just don't have a wal mart up there, they have a walmart/watchtower...aka waltower, with billions of cash on hand and 1 dollar spent on charity.

Level 1

Location hidden

#325 Oct 15, 2013
Matt9969 wrote:
As far as money goes, the jw's view money as a means to put printed words on paper, uninspired quotes and the seven men in the east each having a individual worth of 53 million dolllars. They just don't have a wal mart up there, they have a walmart/watchtower...aka waltower, with billions of cash on hand and 1 dollar spent on charity.
. Pittance is their Charity.. they provide schools and training.. ONLY for those that get in lots of hours.. And unless you call the Kingdom Ministry school Charity.. I don't think that other Businesses call their training charity..

Level 1

Location hidden

#327 Oct 15, 2013
Dr SOS wrote:
<quoted text>"they provide schools and training"
Lol,
YEAH SURE,
THEY PROVIDE SCHOOLS AND TRAINING ON HOW TO FOLLOW THE WTS DOCTRINE AND PUBLISH AND PRINT MAGAZINES FOR THE SOLE BENEFIT OF A RELIGIOUS AGENDA.
THROW THEM OUT IN THE REAL WORLD AND A REAL COLLEGE EDUCATION THEY WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME TYING THEIR SHOELACES.
LOL.
. Uh huh..that is exactly what I was saying..

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#328 Oct 15, 2013
If no one knows they are there, I say bullets for godhead..!

I love stevie Nicks

Wausau, WI

#329 Oct 15, 2013
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus' truths say its the trinity translations that contradict his truth like this truth----
John 17:1-6---While praying to his Father, Jesus teaches, his Father= the only true god, and one must know the one who sent him( Father) and know Jesus to get eternal life--verse 6 = YHWH( Jehovah)
so the teaching of a trinity is basically calling Jesus a liar, and yes they will be held accountable. Paul taught the same as Jesus--1 cor 8:6--one God to all--the Father.
I really believe you need to concern yourself with the PERVERTED GB and the cult followers of jws being accountable for ALL the SLANDER against GOD and his true people, along with Slaughtering Gods word changed in a book of fairy tails for jws to believe, I sure wouldn't want to be in their or your shoes on judgment day.
I love stevie Nicks

Wausau, WI

#330 Oct 15, 2013
Sure they teach, they teach to being better Dangerous Cult Zombies and to brainwash the innocent ones at the door to give them falsified and misleading information and to gather more dangerous cult zombies as many of them are leaving and they cant have that happen.

“No Allah: know peace”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#331 Oct 15, 2013
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
being mislead doesn't make one stupid--what is Gods name--allah is a title not a name so you must think you know Gods name.
The name of the God of the Bible is spelled with the Hebrew letters yod, heh, vau, heh. Giving it the vowels, in English it would be Yahweh. Since there is no "J" in Hebrew, it ends up being a case of stupidity to continue calling the God of the Bible by the false name "Jehovah"

Level 1

#332 Oct 15, 2013
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are calling Jesus a liar then--he taught---satan is the ruler of this world.
Well, Satan is a myth, so yeah. Jesus got that wrong. Now, to be fair, I think that he was simply speaking in error, rather than (deliberately) lying.

The Bible makes it clear that for the children of Israel, the God of the Bible is the ONLY God, the source of all good, AND of all evil.

Level 1

#333 Oct 15, 2013
Matt9969 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are calling the watchtower a liar because you teach jesus came back invisibly in 1914 and began ruling.
The authors of the watchtower are either liars, or incredibly ignorant of what the Bible actually teaches. Or both...
I love stevie Nicks

Wausau, WI

#334 Oct 15, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The authors of the watchtower are either liars, or incredibly ignorant of what the Bible actually teaches. Or both...
I tend to believe its both maybe a bit more of the LIAR area, due to they know what they are doing by misleading all these brainwashed cult robots.. They know they gain control with each thing they document and these cult Zombies eat it up like gold and they count on that HOWEVER they are getting somewhat wiser and doing their own research and leaving the dangerous cult, the halls are pretty empty now days, so they will once again change some stupid doctrine just to keep the few that are to brain dead to research on their own and will stay at all costs.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#335 Oct 16, 2013
Be whatever you want to be. But! Do not come to my door with it.

If a human lives in America and has not heard the word of God ...somehow ...someway...Then, I don't what to say.

Oh yes I do. Go away....
Fleetwood Mac Lover

Wausau, WI

#336 Oct 16, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right because you Nazis blame the two lady preachers for getting themselves shot at.
Don't bother blaming the PSYCHO who was shooting at them Obviously they forced him to do it.
If this was ANY OTHER PEOPLE rather than Jehovah's Witness womwn you would not even think about blaming the victims.
Nazi.
Anti-JWism is becoming more like antisemitism every day.
Your Really one Totally sick and twisted sick PIG!
NOBODY is blaming the two ladies who were ran off
And IF the victims ARE INDEED GUILTY , they should have to be Punnished for disturbing his home. And comparing being a NAZI to jws always in trouble w/breaking laws and disturbing innocent householders is just INSANE,Hitler was Demonized and possessed by the devil sort of like the dangerous cult of jws they have acted in the same manor.
Let me tell something jws or not I would chase those women off my property too, not w/ any Guns or violence does that make me a NAZI and HITLER follower too? What a idiot

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#337 Oct 16, 2013
Matt9969 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, you are serving satan as well, you are under his rule too. You are direct proof.
I have 0 trust for any mortal except the servants of the true God and his appointed king--but that is limited as well.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#338 Oct 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked into many religions--the only ones who teach Jesus' truths are the JW teachers--Why is that? Because 99% of all who claim to be Christian don't know Jesus' teachings enough to compare them to what they are being taught.

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#339 Oct 16, 2013
He may have over done it but on the other hand the man has a right to defend his property. I don't believe in the charges he faces since there were no bullet holes in car. I have had them come by my house and not want to leave after asked. I had to get ugly with them. On another note: I know folks have posed as them to break in and who knows what background they come from and what there true intentions are.

Level 1

Since: Feb 07

RI

#340 Oct 16, 2013
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked into many religions--the only ones who teach Jesus' truths are the JW teachers--Why is that? Because 99% of all who claim to be Christian don't know Jesus' teachings enough to compare them to what they are being taught.
No, you cannot say with certainty that the only ones who teach Jesus' truths are JWs. The only thing you CAN say is that YOU happen to like the interpretations set forth by JWs, and to YOU they appear to be true.

There is absolutely NO proof that JWs or any other religions teach "truth." They teach beliefs. Either you resonate with the beliefs being taught, or you do not. Simple as that. Beliefs are NOT facts. JWs are no more the "one, true religion" than any other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 16 min quilterqueen 3,241
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 18 min quilterqueen 3,950
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 19 min quilterqueen 47,742
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) (Jan '15) 22 min quilterqueen 1,404
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 24 min quilterqueen 10,641
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 24 min honeymylove 6,580
True False Game (Jun '11) 25 min quilterqueen 15,922
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 225,420
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr -Sprocket- 150,665
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr Brandiiiiiiii 31,047
More from around the web