NY man sues for every penny on Earth

NY man sues for every penny on Earth

There are 33 comments on the WTAG-AM Paxton story from May 19, 2014, titled NY man sues for every penny on Earth. In it, WTAG-AM Paxton reports that:

Anton Purisima is a man who knows how to think big. The New Yorker has filed a 22-page handwritten suit in a Manhattan court for two undecillion dollars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAG-AM Paxton.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hmm

Toronto, Canada

#1 May 19, 2014
Anton Purisima is a man who knows how to think big. The New Yorker has filed a 22-page handwritten suit in a Manhattan court for two undecillion dollars. The sum, written as two followed by thirty-six zeros, is likely a new record for a demand in a lawsuit, the New York Postsays. It's also more money than even exists in the world by a long shot, Gothamist notes, but at least there are more than a thousand defendants to bear the brunt. They include the New York City Transit Authority, the entire city of NYC, Au Bon Pain Store, LaGuardia Airport, a Kmart store, a dog owner, several health care providers, and 1,000 John Does.
protoham

Westminster, MD

#2 May 19, 2014
Sound like this man need to be awarded 2 years in jail for being a pain in the butt to the public.
Steve

Europe

#3 May 19, 2014
protoham wrote:
Sound like this man need to be awarded 2 years in jail for being a pain in the butt to the public.
Times that by ten. Knowing the Yanks, they'll give him something ridiculous like 200 years.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#4 May 19, 2014
Steve wrote:
<quoted text> Times that by ten. Knowing the Yanks, they'll give him something ridiculous like 200 years.
Not in New York. There, some liberal activist judge who doesn't believe in award caps will probably pin a medal on him and up the amount.
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#5 May 19, 2014
Dr_Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in New York. There, some liberal activist judge who doesn't believe in award caps will probably pin a medal on him and up the amount.
Yup, you're the real victim. Never forget that.
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#6 May 19, 2014
I don't think the court is going to be undecillion on this case. In fact, the will be unanimous. (To dismiss, obviously.)

“Yeah, but...”

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#7 May 19, 2014
How long would it take to count that many pennies?
Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 May 19, 2014
I have 27 cents in my pocket. Suppose I don't wanna hand it over?

From my cold dead hands!
Paris Hilton

Medford, NY

#10 May 19, 2014
What a moron. I would ask for every quarter on earth!!!
Parden Pard

Whitehall, PA

#11 May 19, 2014
Paris Hilton wrote:
What a moron. I would ask for every quarter on earth!!!
UMMM,,??? Would it be OK iffen I asked for every dollar,,???? jeshhh,,,just askin,,,,!
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#12 May 19, 2014
Parden Pard wrote:
<quoted text>
UMMM,,??? Would it be OK iffen I asked for every dollar,,???? jeshhh,,,just askin,,,,!
You can take any funny remark and turn it into something stu pid.

“ I DO WHAT I LIKE............ .”

Since: Mar 14

AND I LIKE WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!

#13 May 19, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>
You can take any funny remark and turn it into something stu pid.
That would be your witless and juvenile puns you are so proud of.
Puns are the lowest form of wit.

#14 May 19, 2014
Why doesn't it say what this loon is suing for?
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 19, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That would be your witless and juvenile puns you are so proud of.
Puns are the lowest form of wit.
See, you're flat out immune to a train of thought.

I didn't follow on the exact same concept as dilf's post, and then in my version ruined it.

Of course my puns are low humor. But they didn't wreck or virtually repeat dilf's joke.

Can you figger it out now? Maybe ur hom skool teechur is available for a phone consult.

Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16 May 20, 2014
Well, copper is valuable these days. :/

“Circa 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

lightly salted

#17 May 20, 2014
SimplyLoveYou wrote:
Well, copper is valuable these days.:/
Following is a brief chronology of the metal composition of the cent coin (penny):

The composition was pure copper from 1793 to 1837.
From 1837 to 1857, the cent was made of bronze (95 percent copper, and five percent tin and zinc).
From 1857, the cent was 88 percent copper and 12 percent nickel, giving the coin a whitish appearance.
The cent was again bronze (95 percent copper, and five percent tin and zinc) from 1864 to 1962.
(Note: In 1943, the coin's composition was changed to zinc-coated steel. This change was only for the year 1943 and was due to the critical use of copper for the war effort. However, a limited number of copper pennies were minted that year. You can read more about the rare, collectible 1943 copper penny in "What's So Special about the 1943 Copper Penny.")
In 1962, the cent's tin content, which was quite small, was removed. That made the metal composition of the cent 95 percent copper and 5 percent zinc.
The alloy remained 95 percent copper and 5 percent zinc until 1982, when the composition was changed to 97.5 percent zinc and 2.5 percent copper (copper-plated zinc). Cents of both compositions appeared in that year.
...as posted by the U.S. Mint...
http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/fun_fact...
Julep

Medford, NY

#18 May 20, 2014
Enzo49 wrote:
<quoted text>
Following is a brief chronology of the metal composition of the cent coin (penny):
The composition was pure copper from 1793 to 1837.
From 1837 to 1857, the cent was made of bronze (95 percent copper, and five percent tin and zinc).
From 1857, the cent was 88 percent copper and 12 percent nickel, giving the coin a whitish appearance.
The cent was again bronze (95 percent copper, and five percent tin and zinc) from 1864 to 1962.
(Note: In 1943, the coin's composition was changed to zinc-coated steel. This change was only for the year 1943 and was due to the critical use of copper for the war effort. However, a limited number of copper pennies were minted that year. You can read more about the rare, collectible 1943 copper penny in "What's So Special about the 1943 Copper Penny.")
In 1962, the cent's tin content, which was quite small, was removed. That made the metal composition of the cent 95 percent copper and 5 percent zinc.
The alloy remained 95 percent copper and 5 percent zinc until 1982, when the composition was changed to 97.5 percent zinc and 2.5 percent copper (copper-plated zinc). Cents of both compositions appeared in that year.
...as posted by the U.S. Mint...
http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/fun_fact...
Thank you, that ws mint!!!!

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#19 May 20, 2014
Penny wise, pound foolish.

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#20 May 20, 2014
Maybe he's a crazy wishing well guy? If that's the case then he has many wishes to make! Maybe he'll wish for all the pennies in the world. Oh, wait a sec..........

#21 May 20, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you're flat out immune to a train of thought.
I didn't follow on the exact same concept as dilf's post, and then in my version ruined it.
Of course my puns are low humor. But they didn't wreck or virtually repeat dilf's joke.
Can you figger it out now? Maybe ur hom skool teechur is available for a phone consult.
You are in desperate need of a mental health evaluation. You show multiple signs of Cluster B personality disorders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 2 min andet1987 205
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,334
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,773
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,905
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,129
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,501
Say Something Nice. (Oct '09) 24 min Kelly Joanne Cannon 2,801
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min Lumatrix 167,330
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 58 min Grace Nerissa 9,363
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 1 hr SLY WEST 16,068
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr Alain Vain 12,762
Has anyone on here told lies about you? (Dec '11) 6 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 254
More from around the web