True Love--What every Gal wants...

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#226 Apr 28, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, maybe not.
Some guys are willing to do that. Problem is they do so usually because they can't get women without doing so. That's why a lot of times you'll see an older man with a younger hot trophy wife, but she's not with him because she's passionately in love with the guy.
In the end the woman is stuck with someone who offers so little that no women would want him except for the fact that he can buy her stuff. That really isn't much of a relationship ... lets call it what it is ... legalized prostitution.
Every relationship is either giving or taking on some level, there are no exceptions, from mother and child to old fart and gold digger.
Dr Fill

Huntington, NY

#227 Apr 28, 2014
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
Every relationship is either giving or taking on some level, there are no exceptions, from mother and child to old fart and gold digger.
Yep.....

Question:

Would you rather be monetarily poor and in a loving relationship or rich in a non loving relationship?

8-)
Roxie Darling
Level 6

Since: Jan 13

.

#228 Apr 28, 2014
Trust me, what a gal wants and what a gal gets are two different things.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#229 Apr 28, 2014
Dr Fill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.....
Question:
Would you rather be monetarily poor and in a loving relationship or rich in a non loving relationship?
8-)
Monetarily poor, loving relationship! I don't see talking to a Bentley as being all that fun or being in a 40,000 square foot home, alone except for the maid .... Maybe if the pool boy was hot...... kidding :) I like being monogamous.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#230 Apr 28, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
This maybe true....It may also be true that as we age more of us ladies are alone because we put less stock in things. So, if all you have to offer me are material things, you go right into the "friend zone"
If I am going to be alone holding your hand..... then I may as well be alone.....all alone and not doing your laundry and cleaning up behind you!
I've been attached at a lot younger age than most people. It's not like I was single and doing what a lot of 20 year olds were doing and playing the field, but still I've always been that way. I was happy single ... I really enjoyed myself. I didn't need someone else.

It kind of had to be just right or I wasn't interested in just being with someone who I kind of liked. Good looking wasn't enough. Sweet and good looking wasn't enough. Sweet, good looking, intelligent wasn't enough. There's something more than that. I personally can't really put a finger on what it is, but I know it when it's there. I just the best word that sums it up is electric.

I wasn't even interested in just being with a girl that I kind of liked for sex. I'd rather just break up with her, if I know it's not there and let her move on and me move on. I wasn't even interested i being with girls who would have been happy if I just had sex with them. If that's all you can offer me, I kind of want more than that. I really hate breaking up with girls too and making them cry. About the least favorite thing for me. They ask what they did wrong and they really didn't do anything wrong. It just wasn't there for me.

I know everyone is different and a lot of people feel better with someone, which is fine, but I think when you can be independently perfectly happy and self sufficient, to where you don't need someone to provide you with things (it would mean very little to me if someone could buy me things ... if that's primarily what someone can offer me, I'm not interested) it provides more opportunity for a healthy and happier relationship that is meant to be as opposed to one you are settling for or trying really hard to make work.

It shouldn't be a lot of work, I feel. Yes there will be ups and downs, but a lot of work, I don't think so.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#231 Apr 28, 2014
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
Every relationship is either giving or taking on some level, there are no exceptions, from mother and child to old fart and gold digger.
Yes, but I think what you are looking for says a lot about your character. IMO, if you want to be well off, how about you put in the effort and work that it takes, instead of looking for someone to mooch off of. Cause that's what you are when you take that approach.

Yes, I had things I wanted to, but they weren't material things. I don't view myself as a mooch ... because I wanted things that you can't buy.
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#232 Apr 28, 2014
I don't want no love I'm too self absorbed and needy and my Birthday is coming up!
I'm fine flying 'solo' and very much happy!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#233 Apr 28, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
I don't want no love
So, you want love?

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#234 Apr 28, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I think what you are looking for says a lot about your character. IMO, if you want to be well off, how about you put in the effort and work that it takes, instead of looking for someone to mooch off of. Cause that's what you are when you take that approach.
Yes, I had things I wanted to, but they weren't material things. I don't view myself as a mooch ... because I wanted things that you can't buy.
You are judging based on your opinion of her imagined character. If it makes them happy (the old fart and gold digger) who cares? There are some really strange couples out there, if they are truly happy, good for them. Maybe he wants a plasticized trophy wife and she wants things that are expensive. That would make them a great match.
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#235 Apr 28, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you want love?
I don't know what I want! My fan's say I'm 'needy' so I want to concentrate on being 'needy' and 'self absorption'!
Dr Fill

Huntington, NY

#236 Apr 28, 2014
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text> You are judging based on your opinion of her imagined character. If it makes them happy (the old fart and gold digger) who cares? There are some really strange couples out there, if they are truly happy, good for them. Maybe he wants a plasticized trophy wife and she wants things that are expensive. That would make them a great match.
Yep.....just look at that Basketball owner in the news.
He has his trophy wife (companion), and she has her moneybags......As long as they are both happy that's all that matters. Although I can't imagine her being happy in every regard, and that's where the give and take comes in.....

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#237 Apr 28, 2014
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text> You are judging based on your opinion of her imagined character. If it makes them happy (the old fart and gold digger) who cares? There are some really strange couples out there, if they are truly happy, good for them. Maybe he wants a plasticized trophy wife and she wants things that are expensive. That would make them a great match.
I don't really care, but not caring doesn't change the nature of something.

It's also not an imagined character ... it's the real character. One person is essentially a live in hooker and the others a john who treats her nice. That this arrangement makes them happy or that it's a great match and the live in hooker found a john who is okay with that, doesn't change the nature of the relationship.

Again, I don't' really care, but I also don't particularly care about what the exact distance the earth is from the sun at any given moment in time, but I know there is a distance and it's a fact that this distance is what it is.

Kinda reminds me of this when he talks about who the biggest garden tools are:

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#238 Apr 28, 2014
Dr Fill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.....just look at that Basketball owner in the news.
He has his trophy wife (companion), and she has her moneybags......As long as they are both happy that's all that matters. Although I can't imagine her being happy in every regard, and that's where the give and take comes in.....
Seems the owner had it coming. The GF said she would get them (owner and his wife) back, the wife sued her for 2 million in property. The owner had been to court twice for not renting to people because of their race. I'm rather surprised anyone played for him, it's very clear he is a racist.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#239 Apr 28, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what I want! My fan's say I'm 'needy' so I want to concentrate on being 'needy' and 'self absorption'!
I don't know about that. I usually skip over all that stuff.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#240 Apr 28, 2014
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems the owner had it coming. The GF said she would get them (owner and his wife) back, the wife sued her for 2 million in property. The owner had been to court twice for not renting to people because of their race. I'm rather surprised anyone played for him, it's very clear he is a racist.
I'm not defending the guy at all, but I've heard of black women complain about rich black men dating white women. I also think if all these people who are so livid at him would not be spewing so much venom at a black woman who felt that way and would want her fired from her job. There's a complete double standard with racism in this country.

You've got Spike Lee b1tching about white people moving into Harlem. Where's the outrage about that? Where are people calling for boycotts. Where's the NAACP. Can you imagine if anyone who is white and prominent came out and said they don't want black people in their neighborhood?

The double standard is so engrained, I don't even care. Everyone else can be racist, and it's okay, but if a old coot is racist it's all over the place.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#241 Apr 28, 2014
Do you think if Spike Lee owned properties in Harlem that he would rent them out to white people? Honestly? Black people will still go see his movies ... Even though he's racist, but just not against black people.

Again. I'm not defending the guy. I find his views offensive, but no less than I find these other people's views. I don't think it's right to pick and choose when racism is okay or not. It's either never okay or stfu when it happens.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#242 Apr 28, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Do you think if Spike Lee owned properties in Harlem that he would rent them out to white people? Honestly? Black people will still go see his movies ... Even though he's racist, but just not against black people.
Again. I'm not defending the guy. I find his views offensive, but no less than I find these other people's views. I don't think it's right to pick and choose when racism is okay or not. It's either never okay or stfu when it happens.
So if you knew he was a racist would you play for him? He was about to get his second lifetime achievement award from the NAACP, don't they vet the recipients? Just thoughts that run through my head....

I have no time for racists, doesn't matter if they are black or white. As for anyone moving in to the neighborhood, it was big deal when I was kid (under 5) in my neighborhood. A few neighbors were upset that a black family was moving in, one family moved out. I didn't understand what the big deal was, I still don't care what color anyone is.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#244 Apr 28, 2014
anonymous ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Wait- who was getting the Lifetime Achievement award- Spike Lee or Sterling?????
Sterling has no business owning a team in a predominantly black league. I hope the NBA judges him harshly. The leagues are supposed to vet these owners. The NFL kept Limbaugh from buying in because of his obvious racism.
Well said. And while we're at it, why don't we also stop obvious racists such as Spike Lee from attending games...
Sam

Manassas, VA

#245 Apr 28, 2014
anonymous ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Wait- who was getting the Lifetime Achievement award- Spike Lee or Sterling?????
Sterling has no business owning a team in a predominantly black league. I hope the NBA judges him harshly. The leagues are supposed to vet these owners. The NFL kept Limbaugh from buying in because of his obvious racism.
Why not? No one anywhere would own a business if THAT were the case Ferret! You libtards won't be happy until we're back in the stone ages.
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#246 Apr 28, 2014
Of course it's what we want.....doesn't everybody? We want to be special in it. We want to feel like queens and in return we'll treat him like a king. I guess some people want lots of lust and sex and many different people to provide them with that....I think the one guy/one girl head over heels in love idea is the tops...so yeah, this gal wants true love. Is that really too much to ask or is this thread just stating the obvious?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Denny CranesPlace 68,499
What happened to the POLITIX forum ? (Feb '15) 7 min greymouser 21
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 11 min I didnt like that 20,747
What Turns You Off? 14 min Merged Zamasu 144
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 16 min Notification 78
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Merged Zamasu 210,026
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 21 min greymouser 6,733
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr Sublime1 2,755
More from around the web