Snake on a plane: Tiny reptile grounds 370 passengers in Australia

Sep 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Campbell Reporter

A tiny Asian snake was found on a Qantas Boeing 747 airliner in Australia, leading to 370 passengers being grounded overnight.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2013

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Vancouver, Canada

#1 Sep 24, 2013
Imagine if it was a Huntsman spider,it'll ground the whole airport.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#2 Sep 24, 2013
Tourex wrote:
Imagine if it was a Huntsman spider,it'll ground the whole airport.
Had to look it up to see what a Huntsman spider is. Wish I hadn't. LoL.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Sep 24, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to look it up to see what a Huntsman spider is. Wish I hadn't. LoL.
That could induce me to take up skydiving.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4 Sep 24, 2013
land snakes alive

“walkin', fishin', the liberry”

Since: Jun 08

...i like 'em all....

#5 Sep 24, 2013
....australia's got some purty 'no-kiddin' critters.....i mean, right out in the kidz sandbox....

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6 Sep 25, 2013
won't want to pet one

SUJ

“Your posts still ”

Level 6

Since: Mar 10

make me giggle

#7 Sep 26, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to look it up to see what a Huntsman spider is. Wish I hadn't. LoL.
Can you imagine? People keep these as pets=From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Goliath bird eater (Theraphosa blondi) is a spider belonging to the tarantula family
It is considered to be the second largest spider in the world (by leg-span) and it may be the largest by mass.
These spiders can have a leg span of up to 28 cm (11 in) and can weigh over 170 g (6.0 oz)
When disturbed, Theraphosa blondi, the Goliath tarantula, can produce a rather loud hissing noise by rubbing together the bristles on its legs. This is said to be audible to a distance of up to 15 feet (4.5 m)
T. blondi have fangs large enough to break the skin of a human (1.93.8 cm or 0.751.5 in). They carry venom in their fangs and have been known to bite when threatened
Females have an average life span of 15 to 25 years. The female lays anywhere from 100 to 200 eggs, which hatch into spiderlings within two months.
[sic: Dare ya to go look at the picture now, lol] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Theraphosa_...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#8 Sep 26, 2013
SUJ wrote:
<quoted text> Can you imagine? People keep these as pets=From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Goliath bird eater (Theraphosa blondi) is a spider belonging to the tarantula family
It is considered to be the second largest spider in the world (by leg-span) and it may be the largest by mass.
These spiders can have a leg span of up to 28 cm (11 in) and can weigh over 170 g (6.0 oz)
When disturbed, Theraphosa blondi, the Goliath tarantula, can produce a rather loud hissing noise by rubbing together the bristles on its legs. This is said to be audible to a distance of up to 15 feet (4.5 m)
T. blondi have fangs large enough to break the skin of a human (1.93.8 cm or 0.751.5 in). They carry venom in their fangs and have been known to bite when threatened
Females have an average life span of 15 to 25 years. The female lays anywhere from 100 to 200 eggs, which hatch into spiderlings within two months.
[sic: Dare ya to go look at the picture now, lol] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Theraphosa_...
are you sure you aren't spinning a web here ?????

snickers

SUJ

“Your posts still ”

Level 6

Since: Mar 10

make me giggle

#9 Sep 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure you aren't spinning a web here ?????
snickers
Two thousand comedians out of work, and we're stuck with you.
;D

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#10 Sep 26, 2013
SUJ wrote:
<quoted text> Two thousand comedians out of work, and we're stuck with you.
;D
Analytic philosophers are also interested in the methodology of analytic philosophy itself, so tell me about it

SUJ

“Your posts still ”

Level 6

Since: Mar 10

make me giggle

#11 Sep 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Analytic philosophers are also interested in the methodology of analytic philosophy itself, so tell me about it
Ha! Maybe later, dear. I've got a headache.
;)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#12 Sep 26, 2013
SUJ wrote:
<quoted text> Ha! Maybe later, dear. I've got a headache.
;)
never mind will do it myself

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#13 Sep 26, 2013
SUJ wrote:
<quoted text> Ha! Maybe later, dear. I've got a headache.
;)
answered your question on El's thread.. yes we do as our legal system is based upon the English court of law

not to confuse with the English common law almost one in the same though

SUJ

“Your posts still ”

Level 6

Since: Mar 10

make me giggle

#14 Sep 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
answered your question on El's thread.. yes we do as our legal system is based upon the English court of law
not to confuse with the English common law almost one in the same though
Thank you! I'll go check it out in a few minutes. 23 more threads, 22 more threads, 21 more threads....
;)

Since: Dec 13

San Jose, CA

#15 Dec 4, 2013
Two thousand comedians out of work, and we're stuck with you.

__________
My XBOX classic games Fifa 14 A new hot games! Look forward to your competition!
Mein Name: Kresse, Xiedetele
More information:[url=http://www.fi facoinsbox.com/]FIFA 14 UT Coins[/url]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white... 3 min Old Sam 176
Words or names starting and ending with the sam... 4 min Old Sam 206
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 6 min ---Word Woman--- 205
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Subduction Zone 115,069
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 7 min Cyan in CA 40,136
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Princess Hey 145,018
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Old Sam 6,021
What's your tip for the day? 14 min Emerald 786
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 33 min Roxie Darling 18,453
Fergson Police Dept. 33 min Digital Etiquette 307
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••