Traffic Stop Turns Fatal as Man's Neck is Broken

Jul 14, 2009 Full story: snafu-ed.blogspot.com 167
In Livingston, LA, the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office has released dash cam video of a traffic stop in which a man was killed, his neck broken, when a deputy tried to restrain him. The office added that it felt its deputies followed procedure. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Happy Holidays”

Since: Nov 07

"you get back what you give"

#1 Jul 14, 2009
OMG..the vid gave me chills..sickening.

“Running Out Front”

Level 1

Since: Feb 08

Gods Country

#2 Jul 14, 2009
Guess some never learn!Sad this had to happen the way it did...
oakgrove

United States

#3 Jul 14, 2009
Following procedure does not involve killing a man by breaking his neck.
Awesome_O

Port Orchard, WA

#4 Jul 14, 2009
Well If the guy was stupid enough to hide drugs in his mouth he deserves it hasn't anyone watched cops when they catch somebody trying to hide drugs in there mouth they respond way harder the big dummy deserved it

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 14, 2009
This is sad.
RichieB

Slidell, LA

#6 Jul 14, 2009
The officers were more concerned with making a bust than protecting that man's life. Granted, the guy was an idiot, but he doesn't deserve to die because he's trying to hide something in his mouth.I can understand the need to gather evidence, but to the point of murder? I don't think so. An officer has the right to take a life if necessary to protect themselves or other bystanders. They don't have the right to take a life to gather evidence.

“Out in the West Texas”

Level 1

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

#7 Jul 14, 2009
oakgrove wrote:
Following procedure does not involve killing a man by breaking his neck.
And how many years of experience do you have as a law enforcement officer?
Watching "Cops" programs doesn't count.
The dude was clearly resisting and had to be subdued by whatever force was necessary.
The most dangerous situation for a lone officer is exactly what transpired in the video.
Without the officer's actions, the dude likely would have tried to take the officer's firearm.

Since: Jul 07

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jul 14, 2009
All because he wanted to take some drugs.

Some day I hope society will look at this video and be horrified that a man had to die because we allowed government to dictate to us how we might enjoy ourselves.

You can have sex, but it has to be with your wife, not a prostitute. You can take drugs, but they have to be prescribed or medicinal, not recreational. You can drink alochol, but not on Sundays.

This is very sad.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#9 Jul 14, 2009
That is a clear case of another cop losing control and getting away with murder. You normally cuff a guy after he gives you his license?

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#10 Jul 14, 2009
Apparently,in Louisiana drug possession is punishable by the death penalty.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#11 Jul 14, 2009
quattrone wrote:
All because he wanted to take some drugs.
Some day I hope society will look at this video and be horrified that a man had to die because we allowed government to dictate to us how we might enjoy ourselves.
You can have sex, but it has to be with your wife, not a prostitute. You can take drugs, but they have to be prescribed or medicinal, not recreational. You can drink alochol, but not on Sundays.
This is very sad.
How about this. Its perfectly legal for a girl to give away sex,or even to trade it for dinner and drinks.But if she sells it,thats illegal. Can you think of anything else that you can give away,but not sell?
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#12 Jul 14, 2009
So where was the taser, or were they saving the charge for an old lady.

smf's
oakgrove

United States

#13 Jul 14, 2009
William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the officer's actions, the dude likely would have tried to take the officer's firearm.
How do you figure? pigs will make up anything to get away with personal vendettas. He showed no sign whatsoever of "taking the officers firearm". By the way, I have a long line of family law enforcement in my tree. I don't need personal experience as a cop to know the difference between right and wrong. This cop was just a power abusing sissy who can't keep his personal feelings outside of work. Or he was just a sissy. Why didn't he taze him like all the other pigs do?
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#14 Jul 14, 2009
oakgrove wrote:
<quoted text>How do you figure? pigs will make up anything to get away with personal vendettas. He showed no sign whatsoever of "taking the officers firearm". By the way, I have a long line of family law enforcement in my tree. I don't need personal experience as a cop to know the difference between right and wrong. This cop was just a power abusing sissy who can't keep his personal feelings outside of work. Or he was just a sissy. Why didn't he taze him like all the other pigs do?
You wont make any points with penna, his statements are always self serving.
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#15 Jul 14, 2009
Did any one notice how many civilians stopped to offer help??

Most are too familiar with Louisianans finest.

Albany, NY

#16 Jul 14, 2009
Omg they call that following procedure! They in this case should have tasered him and waited for whatever he swallowed to pass.After all they were placing him into custody for resistance anyway.
Carter

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jul 14, 2009
Where was the taze gun ? He first asked him to open his hand at what point did it get to his mouth? You had three officer they broke his hyoid bone in order to do that you have to strangle him.
Carter

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jul 14, 2009
taser
Bodini

Williamson, WV

#19 Jul 14, 2009
That cop should be in the OCTAGON, Prize fighting.,..DAYUM..!
'
Maybe he has missed his calling and should further it in the U.F.C......Hmnnnnn

My money is on the cop.. WHEW!!
'
UNBELIEVABLE!!
'
Let the dude go on and swallow it.. and if he OD's.THen he O.D'S..... dunno..
'
dh
'
CRAZY-SEAL

'
I see you my friend!
'
dh
'

“If The Shoe Fits”

Medina, Ohio

#20 Jul 14, 2009
RichieB wrote:
The officers were more concerned with making a bust than protecting that man's life. Granted, the guy was an idiot, but he doesn't deserve to die because he's trying to hide something in his mouth.I can understand the need to gather evidence, but to the point of murder? I don't think so. An officer has the right to take a life if necessary to protect themselves or other bystanders. They don't have the right to take a life to gather evidence.
The guy killed himself by being an idiot. He was a drug addict. Drugs kill, one way or another. Now if we could just get rid of the rest of the drug addicts in this country things would be much more peaceful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 3 min andet1987 4,016
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 55,305
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 4 min beatlesinafog 5,193
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3,007
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 8 min andet1987 26,739
What's your tip for the day? 8 min beatlesinafog 1,836
Holiday Trolling? 8 min ferrerman 5
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 28 min stoffel 133,674
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr stray-cat 152,740
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr UnderstandPeople 25,837