Worse Day of Your Life

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#176 Sep 27, 2013
modernhippie wrote:
Today has not been the worst day of my life but I haven't found a thread for a question I have. The start of my day was good. Even better than usual as of late. I felt strong and positive about some changes coming in my life. But for some reason my mood took a dive. A mid-day conversation with someone that I love was just a little irritating. For some reason my happiness developed a leak and lost air until I was actually depressed by the end of the day. I don't think just one irritation should have taken me down with such a drastic change. My question is, have you ever become suddenly unhappy but couldn't quite put your finger on the cause?
Sure...that's when you either go take a nap...a shower...or just have a Good cry...hope your day has gotten better...Hugs!!!

“Just me.......”

Level 8

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#177 Sep 27, 2013
Christmas Eve 2011 when I lost my mom. Still miss her like it was yesterday.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#178 Sep 27, 2013
MLR29 wrote:
that sux so close to the holidays...I was just a lil girl when my mawmaw died right before Christmas...my mama was a lil melancholy for yrs after that at holiday...maybe carry on some of her traditions to feel her close

Location hidden

#179 Sep 27, 2013
MLR29 wrote:
I understand how you feel...my dad passed away 12/27/2001...somehow Christmas hasn't been the same since then...:(

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#180 Sep 27, 2013
modernhippie wrote:
Today has not been the worst day of my life but I haven't found a thread for a question I have. The start of my day was good. Even better than usual as of late. I felt strong and positive about some changes coming in my life. But for some reason my mood took a dive. A mid-day conversation with someone that I love was just a little irritating. For some reason my happiness developed a leak and lost air until I was actually depressed by the end of the day. I don't think just one irritation should have taken me down with such a drastic change. My question is, have you ever become suddenly unhappy but couldn't quite put your finger on the cause?
Hi First I owe a deep thanks. For even hearing what I was saying before. I am never one to copy & paste very much ,but it seems this time it may be appropriate for you to maybe take a little of your advice.
"I have found that for me, when I'm deeply tired, things that are often manageable are more difficult to handle. I don't think many people can escape these low times. It doesn't mean that we're weak or ungrateful for what we have, just human and overwhelmed. I've noticed you have much positivity in your posts. I'm sure your attitude has gotten you through much. But none can be tough all the time. And 'tough' does not equal 'strong'. The strongest people in my experience are those who are smart and brave enough to gain help from others. Being the type of person you seem to be, I'd be surprised if you didn't have some others gladly willing to take on the mantle for you. Most of all, let yourself off the hook for feeling down. It happens. Be well,Modern Hippie!
I never used to know anything about what your saying "have you ever become suddenly unhappy but couldn't quite put your finger on the cause" BUT now over the course of the past few yrs. It has almost become an accepted part of my life.
When your'e aware of those moments coming on I do know it is handy to have an inner HAPPY place to be instead. Hope your having a better day. Peace. Rick

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#181 Sep 27, 2013
Losing family members, several. Different times.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#183 Sep 28, 2013
Really shouldn't look at it as a Loss,

Rather a Gain for the Time they were in your Life and the memories good and bad that no one can take from you except yourself,

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#184 Sep 28, 2013
Asitshouldbe wrote:
Losing family members, several. Different times.
That's so true -

losing family members and close friends,
and each, as you say, is felt & missed in
a different way - stirring the emotions
like a tidal wave.

In a sense, it's in the natural order of things..
that some of those close should depart
but very common to feel the void and miss that
person deeply.

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Level 4

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#185 Sep 28, 2013
wichita-rick wrote:
<quoted text> Hi First I owe a deep thanks. For even hearing what I was saying before. I am never one to copy & paste very much ,but it seems this time it may be appropriate for you to maybe take a little of your advice.
"I have found that for me, when I'm deeply tired, things that are often manageable are more difficult to handle. I don't think many people can escape these low times. It doesn't mean that we're weak or ungrateful for what we have, just human and overwhelmed. I've noticed you have much positivity in your posts. I'm sure your attitude has gotten you through much. But none can be tough all the time. And 'tough' does not equal 'strong'. The strongest people in my experience are those who are smart and brave enough to gain help from others. Being the type of person you seem to be, I'd be surprised if you didn't have some others gladly willing to take on the mantle for you. Most of all, let yourself off the hook for feeling down. It happens. Be well,Modern Hippie!
I never used to know anything about what your saying "have you ever become suddenly unhappy but couldn't quite put your finger on the cause" BUT now over the course of the past few yrs. It has almost become an accepted part of my life.
When your'e aware of those moments coming on I do know it is handy to have an inner HAPPY place to be instead. Hope your having a better day. Peace. Rick
Thank you Rick. I am feeling much better. I'm an analytical person and it bothers me when I don't understand something. I did figure out with some thought, what brought me down. The phone conversation I had was more hurtful than I wanted to admit to myself. I don't like it when I let someone have that much power over me. With a little more effort and some encouragement from people like you, I put myself back in control of my feelings. Allowing myself to feel compassion for the other person involved and myself, is the place that centers me. My 'happy place' as you say. Finding the balance of holding on and letting go, can be a tightrope walk sometimes. That's why it is so helpful to have people that will take us by the hand for just a second before we fall off. It is good to know that it can be found almost anywhere.
Even here, once in awhile.{:-)

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Level 4

Location hidden

#186 Sep 28, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure...that's when you either go take a nap...a shower...or just have a Good cry...hope your day has gotten better...Hugs!!!
I'm much better now, Marissa. Hugs backatcha!

“She's gone”

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#187 Sep 28, 2013
I have had some bad days, some I wasn't sure I would get thru. I prayed and I pushed and by the grace of God, I'm still going. ;-)
This thread reminded me of my sister, and I thought how unfair life can be. The only man she ever dated,( the guy next door) and the one she married for 34 years. Died of a massive heart attack, early one Christmas morning. And her only daughter, who was the picture of health, passed away in her sleep of a blood clot. Early last Mothers Day. Maybe my problems aren't so bad!
Keep the Faith
It's gonna be alright !

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Level 4

Location hidden

#188 Sep 28, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
what you are describing is not all that unusual...sometimes all it takes is one little thing...a good nights sleep & eating healthy helps to keep us balanced...I do ok with the sleep but refuse to eat healthy...=)
Thank you just_ola, I agree. Taking care of of ourselves in general, on a daily basis, helps to take on the harder times.
Ami in Miami

Miami, FL

#190 Sep 28, 2013
Big Time wrote:
Really shouldn't look at it as a Loss,
Rather a Gain for the Time they were in your Life and the memories good and bad that no one can take from you except yourself,
G F Y

Now you can delete this one, too.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#191 Sep 28, 2013
Ami in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
G F Y
Now you can delete this one, too.

GOOD

FOR

YOU

Wolfie,...

“He said What?!”

Level 5

Since: Feb 10

No Way! LOL

#192 Sep 28, 2013
Thanks to all who shared their heart.
It helped more than you can know.
I'm grateful, grateful.
I hope it helped you too.
<3
Level 6

Norway

#193 Oct 16, 2013
The past 6 months... All been the worst days of my life.
Never leave medical symptoms manifest until you're so sick you have to crawl into emergency... cheers and peace to you all.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#194 Oct 16, 2013
Well, one of the worst days I've known
was, when I learned of an acquaintance
[a gentle soul] who committed
suicide;

somehow, above and beyond the passing of others
I knew ..
that one cut clear to the soul...

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#195 Oct 16, 2013
When my SOUL MATE walked out of my Life...BUT ...NOT out of my HEART.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#196 Oct 16, 2013
DustNBones wrote:
The past 6 months... All been the worst days of my life.
Never leave medical symptoms manifest until you're so sick you have to crawl into emergency... cheers and peace to you all.
Good advice. Now...all I have to do ...Is take it!

Am doing this waiting thing at the moment. Thank you for this post.

“Sing a song of 6 pence”

Level 7

Since: Jun 12

Pocket full of wry

#197 Dec 31, 2013
Thought I'd had it. But it seems to be creeping up around the corner like a dark shadow now.
New Om for a new year ;; I refuse to worry about things I have no influence over. I refuse to worry about things I have no control over. I refuse to worry about things I have no ability to help with. I refuse to worry about bs drama from people who have hurt me in the past. >hearts< Happy 2014 folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 min Laura Beth 27,652
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 11 min Judy 123 2,928
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 16 min Judy 123 1,251
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 19 min Judy 123 62,288
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 21 min Judy 123 16,182
News Neil deGrasse Tyson explains weird, blue fire o... 22 min Pence of Tides 1
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 27 min -TheExam- 10,421
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min Camilla 223,432
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 40 min News Alert 6,105
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 15,587