“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#129 Sep 10, 2013
Just went to Dentist..and I was eating lunch..with my chick pal Sara.. AND .she just kept LAUGHING.. I said "WHAT'S SO FUNNY"?

She said..."All your PEAS are falling out if your mouth"!!!

DAMN NOVOCAINE!!

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Winnfield, LA

#131 Sep 11, 2013
Anmooney wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a horrible time and so very sad. My father died in a motorcycle accident. It was tough looking after a bereaved mother who didn't want to carry on, my sister died at 43 as well so guess who's not looking forward to 43 :) Life throws various situations at you and those experiences have made me who I am, no doubt some good and some bad. I have never been this public about this before, a strange feeling throwing it all out there.....
his older sis & bro had already left home...and his mother that had never worked was absolutely lost as well... his bro & sis died young 30s/40s maybe...at 48 he doesn't think he'll live a long life but he WILL if I have anything thing to say about it!!!...

and don't worry about the nasty lil trolls...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#132 Sep 11, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
his older sis & bro had already left home...and his mother that had never worked was absolutely lost as well... his bro & sis died young 30s/40s maybe...at 48 he doesn't think he'll live a long life but he WILL if I have anything thing to say about it!!!...
Good morning Ola. I am happy to say I can't remember ever having a worst day in my life :)

Level 4

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#134 Sep 11, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
That must have been really tough on him being the only one at home.... my Mother was the same, she hadn't worked for a long time so had no social life outside of the family so she found it tough as well. That is terrible to loose both his sister and brother so young, no wonder he says what he does. It sounds as if you WILL have something to say about it :)

Thank you but they don't worry me.......

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Winnfield, LA

#135 Sep 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Ola. I am happy to say I can't remember ever having a worst day in my life :)
good morning...me neither even tho have some unpleasant memories with the ex...nothing this country gal couldn't handle...=)))

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#136 Sep 11, 2013
September 11, 2001...when my long time friend, lost her nephew in the World Trade Center...RIP Noel:(

I'm so sorry, you never got to meet your daughter...:(

Lizanne, God Bless your family...
Mon Cherie

Bethlehem, PA

#137 Sep 11, 2013
Watching the horror of those unfortunate souls jumping from the towers on that infamous day 12 years ago.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#138 Sep 11, 2013
Anmooney wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a horrible time and so very sad. My father died in a motorcycle accident. It was tough looking after a bereaved mother who didn't want to carry on, my sister died at 43 as well so guess who's not looking forward to 43 :) Life throws various situations at you and those experiences have made me who I am, no doubt some good and some bad. I have never been this public about this before, a strange feeling throwing it all out there.....
Hey Anmooney. My parents died in a road accident too, I posted about it earlier in this thread. I'm sorry for your loss. Time doesn't heal everything but it gives people a chance to accept things and learn to deal with them. I'm sure he would have been proud of the man you have become.

Level 4

Location hidden

#139 Sep 12, 2013
-Babybelle- wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Anmooney. My parents died in a road accident too, I posted about it earlier in this thread. I'm sorry for your loss. Time doesn't heal everything but it gives people a chance to accept things and learn to deal with them. I'm sure he would have been proud of the man you have become.
Hello Babybelle. My word, that is so incredibly sad, to be so young and to witness the accident. I can't imagine how you felt, the confusion and emotions you must have felt all these years from losing both your parents, just awful. I am struggling to find the right words . I was lucky in the sense that I was older and only lost one parent. Although my Mother was in a terrible place and wanted to commit suicide at least she was still with me. I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Your right, time doesn't heal everything, my sister struggled with it and attempted suicide several times, the last time she was successful, It was a long time ago for me and I was very angry for a while but you do accept it and live your life. Its strange really, even though they have died you still look for their approval sometimes, or just think, they would be proud of me, well I do anyway. My Mother has had a tough time over the years, she is remarried know but still suffers in her heart. The experience has made me who I am today and as I said earlier, some of that is good and some bad. You're very kind Babybelle and thank you for your kind words. I don't want to sound lame taking your last sentence, but you seem like a very intelligent and kind woman and they would have been very proud of you.

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Level 4

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#140 Sep 12, 2013
Anmooney wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Babybelle. My word, that is so incredibly sad, to be so young and to witness the accident. I can't imagine how you felt, the confusion and emotions you must have felt all these years from losing both your parents, just awful. I am struggling to find the right words . I was lucky in the sense that I was older and only lost one parent. Although my Mother was in a terrible place and wanted to commit suicide at least she was still with me. I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Your right, time doesn't heal everything, my sister struggled with it and attempted suicide several times, the last time she was successful, It was a long time ago for me and I was very angry for a while but you do accept it and live your life. Its strange really, even though they have died you still look for their approval sometimes, or just think, they would be proud of me, well I do anyway. My Mother has had a tough time over the years, she is remarried know but still suffers in her heart. The experience has made me who I am today and as I said earlier, some of that is good and some bad. You're very kind Babybelle and thank you for your kind words. I don't want to sound lame taking your last sentence, but you seem like a very intelligent and kind woman and they would have been very proud of you.
I am sorry for your losses. My sister has attempted suicide several times since losing her son a few years ago. She nearly succeeded the last time and is suffering from permanent damage to her kidneys as a result. I'm fortunate to still have her and can't imagine being without her. I think she has begun to come to terms somewhat. At least enough to stay here as long as she can. Life can be very hard and I admire people who are strong through it. Sometimes all you can do is keep breathing and put one foot in front of the other. One moment at a time.

Level 3

Location hidden

#141 Sep 12, 2013
Anmooney wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually cried when I read this. It was a really rocky road for a really long time for me. It was only when I got to my 20s that I felt like I could actually breathe again. I hope you are well.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#142 Sep 12, 2013
Second worse day/s. When I found out my grandson was extremely ill after his birth. For the next ten days of his life, I suffered a hundred years. Two of those ten days when my daughter called me crying so hard I thought at moments to hang up on her. I had no idea what she was going to say. What a battle that beautiful little baby put up to survive life. Was so incredibly hard to be so far away from them for me.

He really came into this world with a hell of a bang. Now...he is perfect in every way. He just turned 2 on the 9th of this month.

I'd like to add at this point that some of you on Topix was my complete saving grace at that moment. You guys really hung by me. I will be forever grateful to yous for it.

Level 4

Location hidden

#143 Sep 12, 2013
modernhippie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry for your losses. My sister has attempted suicide several times since losing her son a few years ago. She nearly succeeded the last time and is suffering from permanent damage to her kidneys as a result. I'm fortunate to still have her and can't imagine being without her. I think she has begun to come to terms somewhat. At least enough to stay here as long as she can. Life can be very hard and I admire people who are strong through it. Sometimes all you can do is keep breathing and put one foot in front of the other. One moment at a time.
Thank you Modernhippie. Losing a child is so very sad and should never happen, I cannot begin to imagine what your sister has ben through, sometimes we can't see through the dark clouds and we take drastic measures. I am glad to hear she is still with you, hopefully, in time, her heart and body will recover enough for her to start to slowly rebuild her life. She is lucky to have people around her who care and can be strong for her. Life can be so very cruel at times, it waits for no one and as you say, take a deep breathe and move forwards, sometimes thats all you can do.

Level 4

Location hidden

#144 Sep 12, 2013
-Babybelle- wrote:
<quoted text>I actually cried when I read this. It was a really rocky road for a really long time for me. It was only when I got to my 20s that I felt like I could actually breathe again. I hope you are well.
I am sorry if I upset you Babybelle, I can only but try to imagine how you felt over the years and I doubt that will come anywhere near. I admire your resilience to work through your life, their are so many different paths you could have taken. I know we have only spoken a few times over recent months Babybelle but you seem sorted in your mind, I hope that is the case.
I am fine thank you, just finding it difficult to concentrate at the moment, hence all my posts today and not enough work done. Apart from me upsetting you, I hope you are well too, take care....
Cesar

Baltimore, MD

#145 Sep 12, 2013
They're all exceptional thank you.

Level 3

Location hidden

#146 Sep 12, 2013
Anmooney wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry if I upset you Babybelle, I can only but try to imagine how you felt over the years and I doubt that will come anywhere near. I admire your resilience to work through your life, their are so many different paths you could have taken. I know we have only spoken a few times over recent months Babybelle but you seem sorted in your mind, I hope that is the case.
I am fine thank you, just finding it difficult to concentrate at the moment, hence all my posts today and not enough work done. Apart from me upsetting you, I hope you are well too, take care....
You didn't upset me. I have sent you a PM.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#147 Sep 12, 2013
Was asked to baby sit at a pal's house..No Biggie..

The home was INFESTED with FLEAS!!!

OMG!! They were jumping all over my clothes!!

BUG BOMBS!!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#148 Sep 12, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
Second worse day/s. When I found out my grandson was extremely ill after his birth. For the next ten days of his life, I suffered a hundred years. Two of those ten days when my daughter called me crying so hard I thought at moments to hang up on her. I had no idea what she was going to say. What a battle that beautiful little baby put up to survive life. Was so incredibly hard to be so far away from them for me.
He really came into this world with a hell of a bang. Now...he is perfect in every way. He just turned 2 on the 9th of this month.
I'd like to add at this point that some of you on Topix was my complete saving grace at that moment. You guys really hung by me. I will be forever grateful to yous for it.
DC, My husband and I went through this with our son...we will never forget the day he turned Blue on us....I thought my husband and I were going to pass out...not to mention, the doctor told us, there was noting more he could do for our son...OMG, did we cry...:(
It's a very long story...I could go on...but I will just say...he is now 26 and doing VERY well...I send Hugs to you and your daughter...I'm sure it was one Hell of a Birthday party...Awesome!!!
Level 3

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#149 Sep 12, 2013
The worst day of my life?

I think of W.C. Fields.

A woman drove me to drink—and I hadn’t even the courtesy to thank her.

—W.C. Fields

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#150 Sep 12, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
DC, My husband and I went through this with our son...we will never forget the day he turned Blue on us....I thought my husband and I were going to pass out...not to mention, the doctor told us, there was noting more he could do for our son...OMG, did we cry...:(
It's a very long story...I could go on...but I will just say...he is now 26 and doing VERY well...I send Hugs to you and your daughter...I'm sure it was one Hell of a Birthday party...Awesome!!!
My heart goes out to you. Is so hard to suffer a young child's moments. Such a helpless feeling. So lost in space and time. As if time itself has stopped. Is so good to hear your son is good to go.

Hugs to you and yours. Much thanks to you. Indeed, I am really good at throwing children's birthday parties. Is such a celebration throughout their youth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 2 min andet1987 2,334
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 2 min Crazy Beautiful 164
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 5 min Old Sam 28,852
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 6 min Old Sam 4,522
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 6 min andet1987 31,924
Add 2 Letters to Complete a Word 8 min andet1987 684
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 8 min Old Sam 24,090
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Sublime1 162,806
Poll Middle East Solutions 1 hr Bounty Hunter 25
Commander in Chief 1 hr Judge Its 15