Worse Day of Your Life

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#109 Sep 4, 2013
The day we burried my father who died suddenly from a cardiac event at 56 when he was a picture of health preceeding it.

But at the gathering of family and friends back at the homestead, one of my best friends brought his precious newborn daughter for us hold and cherish.

It reminded me in this time of darkness...that life is truly a continum..

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#110 Sep 4, 2013
I'm going to go with 45 minutes on one day. When I got the news my mother passed. I wailed for 45 minutes. Was a sound I have never made and I could not stop. After that..was good to go. Never wept, nor cried again for my mom.

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#111 Sep 4, 2013
Sometimes it helps to read the suffering of others to remind us ... We don't know the stories of all the tragedies that goes on around us and with those we are acquainted. I hadn't intended to put mine in here, though I've mentioned them out there before.

I'm going through such a tough time right now that I've been believing I'm going through the worse of times. I can't even imagine that with all I've endured in this lifetime. Perhaps it's because I'm feeling a bit old and tired.

I didn't read many respond to the "What made life worth living afterward?"

My answer would be, first to fix what hurts me so bad now and to be near enough to listen and help another who may be suffering similarly.

I don't need to walk a mile in anyone else' shoes to have compassion for those that are hurting. It astounds me to know of those who have suffered pain and then watch them purposely hurt others. Wow!

Peace and compassion to all you and yours

“Greybox Rambler”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

In the woods...

#112 Sep 4, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you the best...but I hope you agree...children shouldn't be dying...even though I know they do as well...the thought of it...is even worse...when it could have been your own child...
Thank you Marissa.
I agree children shouldn't be dying, but like everything in this world they do.

#1 on my list would have been the day our only son Brandon died...that was May 18th 1978 and he was three months old.
I or my wife have never really gotten over it.

I'm happy your son survived...I really am!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#113 Sep 4, 2013
Scarbelly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Marissa.
I agree children shouldn't be dying, but like everything in this world they do.
#1 on my list would have been the day our only son Brandon died...that was May 18th 1978 and he was three months old.
I or my wife have never really gotten over it.
I'm happy your son survived...I really am!
Oh Bob, How I wish your son Brandon, whould have lived...like I said...babies should not be dying...I have tears in my eyes...:(

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#114 Sep 4, 2013
Leaving my plane ticket... on the dresser.. WHEN I am at the Boarding Dock..

“Sing a song of 6 pence”

Level 7

Since: Jun 12

Pocket full of wry

#115 Sep 4, 2013
The 32 days after I pleaded with my brother to accept life support instead of allowing him to die naturally.

http://youtu.be/_YbVsEhNuT0

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#116 Sep 4, 2013
Melody_E wrote:
The 32 days after I pleaded with my brother to accept life support instead of allowing him to die naturally.
WHOA! I can see...Where you may have thought THAT was better for him..at the Time..THAT maybe He could miraculously get better..If his body was resting..Hmmm...We ALWAYS HOPE FOR THE BEST...and WE HATE THE THOUGHT Of LETTING GO...of our Loved Ones through death..

You Did..What you thought was Best... Prayers of strength and Comfort for you..Ya know.. If the role was reversed.. am sure YOUR brother would have made the same decision.. as you did...PEACE ~

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#117 Sep 9, 2013
When I SAW an entire Homeless Family..asking for spare change.. AND..I spent my LAST $20..;(

Level 4

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#118 Sep 10, 2013
The day my father died when I was 17 and he was only 43..

Level 4

Location hidden

#119 Sep 10, 2013
Thank you :)

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#120 Sep 10, 2013
Anmooney wrote:
Thank you :)
YW...my bf's dad died when he was 14 (dad was in 40s) aneurysm - died instantly at work ... I know how it changed his life forever...
Level 6

United States

#121 Sep 10, 2013
Dad passing away suddenly... The day before my birthday (2012).

Level 4

Location hidden

#122 Sep 10, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
YW...my bf's dad died when he was 14 (dad was in 40s) aneurysm - died instantly at work ... I know how it changed his life forever...
It is a horrible time and so very sad. My father died in a motorcycle accident. It was tough looking after a bereaved mother who didn't want to carry on, my sister died at 43 as well so guess who's not looking forward to 43 :) Life throws various situations at you and those experiences have made me who I am, no doubt some good and some bad. I have never been this public about this before, a strange feeling throwing it all out there.....
Ami in Miami

Miami, FL

#123 Sep 10, 2013
Anmooney wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a horrible time and so very sad. My father died in a motorcycle accident. It was tough looking after a bereaved mother who didn't want to carry on, my sister died at 43 as well so guess who's not looking forward to 43 :) Life throws various situations at you and those experiences have made me who I am, no doubt some good and some bad. I have never been this public about this before, a strange feeling throwing it all out there.....
A strange feeling reading the junk that people throw out here on Offbeat, too...and expect ANYONE to believe it.

Level 4

Location hidden

#124 Sep 10, 2013
Ami in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
A strange feeling reading the junk that people throw out here on Offbeat, too...and expect ANYONE to believe it.
I suppose Ami, you can believe what you want to believe. Yes people do exaggerate and lie on Topix but most people do tell the truth. Me personally, I wouldn't lie about something like my father dying as it wasn't a good time in my life, whether you believe or not is your choice.

Location hidden

#125 Sep 10, 2013
Melody_E wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your loss...I know it had to be a VERY hard time in your life...feel free to cry on my shoulder...Take care.

Location hidden

#126 Sep 10, 2013
avon5735 wrote:
The day we burried my father who died suddenly from a cardiac event at 56 when he was a picture of health preceeding it.
But at the gathering of family and friends back at the homestead, one of my best friends brought his precious newborn daughter for us hold and cherish.
It reminded me in this time of darkness...that life is truly a continum..
For what it's worth...my mother was also 56 at the time of her passing. I lost my BEST friend that day...:(

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#127 Sep 10, 2013
Anmooney wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose Ami, you can believe what you want to believe. Yes people do exaggerate and lie on Topix but most people do tell the truth. Me personally, I wouldn't lie about something like my father dying as it wasn't a good time in my life, whether you believe or not is your choice.
Don't pay any attention to the trolls. There are plenty of honest people on here who don't mind sharing truthfully, knowing that while we work through our pain, it helps to talk and having others be able to relate makes us feel not so alone.

Level 4

Location hidden

#128 Sep 10, 2013
ShadyBits wrote:
<quoted text>Don't pay any attention to the trolls. There are plenty of honest people on here who don't mind sharing truthfully, knowing that while we work through our pain, it helps to talk and having others be able to relate makes us feel not so alone.
Thank you ShadyBits. They don't worry me to be honest. I know, I have met quite a few really nice people since I have been on here and found them to be honest and had a lot of fun in the process. This is the first time I have posted anything really personal on the site. This happened to me quite a few years ago so it is not as raw as it was, certain times you miss them and it is good to talk about it. Their are a lot if people who have been In much tougher emotional situations than me. Thank you again for your kind words.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min Still On Free Foot 21,448
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 47 min UnderstandPeople 6,846
News Man Smashes Glass Door After Chicken Order Delayed 1 hr Parden Pard 12
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Parden Pard 46,233
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr wichita-rick 7,824
The letter E (Jun '13) 1 hr andet1987 1,550
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 1 hr andet1987 7,192
Trolliday Inn -- We'll leave the light on for you 1 hr Spotted Girl 32
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 2 hr I DONT LIKE YOU 65
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 213,123