Next Last

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#23 Feb 23, 2014
Buenas dias! Y'all!

Eye wood too sea sum son this mourning.

The worst thing you can say in front of a Portuguese speaking person in English is: "Just a minute, I'm going around the corner for this brush."

“Big Green & Little Red”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Scottsdale Pond, Novato

#24 Feb 23, 2014
Que esta pasando aqui, no entiendo nada???

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#25 Feb 23, 2014
Hopkin wrote:
Que esta pasando aqui, no entiendo nada???
Just a minete, I'm going around the cona fodes broche.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#26 Feb 25, 2014
My wife took her test yesterday. They asked if she knew the names of two rivers that flow next to Tennessee. She replied, "The Meesiseepee and the Misery."
W0rd

Jackson, MO

#27 Feb 25, 2014
I wasn't impressed with the idea of singing the Nation Anthem in Spanish.
I would like to learn French and Spanish.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#28 Feb 26, 2014
W0rd wrote:
"Jose can you seeee!"

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Been There,Done That,Now What?

#29 Feb 26, 2014
What,...No Foreigners Allowed?
Alias

Jackson, MO

#30 Feb 26, 2014
Crazy Jae wrote:
What,...No Foreigners Allowed?
Of course they are allowed ... just don't wish for us to sing 'our' song in their language.

Hey CJ:)

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Been There,Done That,Now What?

#31 Feb 26, 2014
Tee Hee Hee,...

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32 Feb 26, 2014
We be all freakin' furners unless we be speakin' Nahatl.

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#33 Feb 26, 2014
IMO the issue is not so much when traveling to other countries, though yes you should learn the basics of the dominant language wherever you're going, that the issue is people who come to live in the US and never master English. This is not only Spanish speakers, but Chinese and Filipino, and others. They seem to learn enough just to get by like you would going to be a tourist but they always slip back into their native language whenever they can, not an immersion program into English like they need to, to really master it. This makes me think that they want to live in America, but not be an American! If I'm going to move to another country like for a job or a guy or something, I'm gonna become fluent in their dominant language either before I go, or immediately as I can once I get there.
FTW

United States

#34 Feb 26, 2014
Jenji wrote:
IMO the issue is not so much when traveling to other countries, though yes you should learn the basics of the dominant language wherever you're going, that the issue is people who come to live in the US and never master English. This is not only Spanish speakers, but Chinese and Filipino, and others. They seem to learn enough just to get by like you would going to be a tourist but they always slip back into their native language whenever they can, not an immersion program into English like they need to, to really master it. This makes me think that they want to live in America, but not be an American! If I'm going to move to another country like for a job or a guy or something, I'm gonna become fluent in their dominant language either before I go, or immediately as I can once I get there.
Exactly! It is up to you to adapt to the culture, not up to the culture to accommodate you.
Ozzie

Lafayette, CA

#35 Feb 26, 2014
Te Amo..

wherever you are.

always, Oz

sorry.. got hooked on the TV series {Under the Dome}

its true..
Anon

Jackson, MO

#36 Feb 26, 2014
W0rd wrote:
Buenas dias,... Hello, Hi and How are you?

They can sing it in the shower, anywhere in their own homes, in their cars, and many places in public. They should not be allowed to do it when the room is full of Americans at a major event in 'our' country.

They may sing it quietly alongside us and I suppose we could put a monitor up there so they can sing it .. Hmmm, that would be an interesting sound out loud together, now that I think of it.

- Spanish
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Let's play them at same time and see how it sounds. I don't mind sharing .. but I do hope they display exemplary appreciation for what our country does for them. Suppose we could show a bit more appreciation for those that abide with our United States .. conditions.

“Big Green & Little Red”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Scottsdale Pond, Novato

#37 Feb 27, 2014
FTW wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! It is up to you to adapt to the culture, not up to the culture to accommodate you.
U.S. culture has become very accommodating - with the taxpayer footing the bill!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 13 min honeymylove 6,714
News The Earth is making a very weird noise, and sci... 52 min wichita-rick 6
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,752
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr -TheExam- 38,885
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Geno 32,079
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr what a russsh 150,826
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 225,985
More from around the web