Posted in the Weird Forum
#1 Apr 23, 2013
An Elementary School Teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!
1. Don't change horses until they stop running.
2. Strike while the bug is close.
3. It's always darkest before Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water but how?
6. Don't bite the hand that looks dirty.
7. No news is impossible.
8. A miss is as good as a Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new math.
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust me.
12. The pen is mightier than the pigs.
13. An idle mind is the best way to relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's pollution.
15. Happy the bride who gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is not much.
17. Two's company, three's the Musketeers.
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what you put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and you have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don't succeed get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you see in the picture on the box.
24. When the blind lead the blind get out of the way.
25. A bird in the hand is going to poop on you.
And the WINNER and last one!
26. Better late than pregnant.
Since: Mar 13
#2 Apr 23, 2013
Wow ! ;~)
I like this one ...
The son asks the father why a man can't have more than one wife.
The father answers, "Son, when you get older you will understand, we have laws to protect those that can't protect themselves."
Add your comments below
|Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14)||2 min||Michael Satterfield||865|
|Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13)||6 min||Judy 123||7,382|
|Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12)||7 min||Huh||7,933|
|***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10)||8 min||Judy 123||78,290|
|lets play follow the word! (Jul '08)||11 min||Judy 123||39,464|
|keep a word drop a word (Sep '12)||13 min||Judy 123||7,403|
|"man" words||15 min||Judy 123||561|
|El's Kitchen (Feb '09)||26 min||NeverMissed||39,519|
|What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08)||33 min||Lumajuice||158,236|
|Rest in Peace, Spock||1 hr||-badboy-||373|
|6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08)||1 hr||Doug77||27,651|
Find what you want!
Search Weird Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC