14,000 draft notices sent to men born in 1800s

There are 10 comments on the Jul 11, 2014, KBCI CBS 2 story titled 14,000 draft notices sent to men born in 1800s. In it, KBCI CBS 2 reports that:

No, the United States military isn't trying to build a force of centenarians. It just seems that way after the Selective Service System mistakenly sent notices to more than 14,000 Pennsylvania men born between 1893 and 1897, ordering them to register for the nation's military draft and warning that failure to do so is "punishable by a fine and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBCI CBS 2.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#23 Jul 11, 2014
Catholic League of Duncey wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consort with closet cases. Don't be silly, silly.
I'll try...but really..Larry...I KNOW better..

I won't hide the truth so as not to embarrass you...it's why I'm here..

just M.E....

Silly

“Go ahead, be cruel & nasty... ”

Since: Nov 07

"you get back what you give"

#24 Jul 11, 2014
Umm, what was this thread about??? I mean it's hard to tell when it seems most threads turn into BS on this Forum, actually all of Toxic.:~/

Bunch of dingbats.{PA} lol
Catholic League of Duncey

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Jul 11, 2014
Simply_Red wrote:
Umm, what was this thread about??? I mean it's hard to tell when it seems most threads turn into BS on this Forum, actually all of Toxic.:~/
Bunch of dingbats.{PA} lol
You're welcome. I enjoy pricking right wing closet cases...but metaphorically only.
Tarpa

Lincoln, NE

#26 Jul 11, 2014
Apparently the Pentagon is way smarter than everyone suspects. They figured out the Greatest Generation did an effective job in WWII, so may be the draft notices were part of a plan to build up the U. S. military again?

Oops, sorry, I guess that was the WWI generation.

The really old guys did a good job too no doubt. Except for the fact that most of the recipients were probably already passed on, the Pentagon did a great job no doubt. LOL!

How will Communist China's or North Korea's or Iran's military ever compter with such genius in Washington D.C.'s Department of Defense?
james

New Delhi, India

#27 Jul 13, 2014
Land la ok

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28 Jul 14, 2014
How much did this cost us? just sayin'

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#29 Jul 14, 2014
Mister_E - lol...they'd probably be the only ones to show up..knowing the situation of the youth nowadays...spoiled rotten decay!!

Instigator - True.... for the most part.

Mister_E - Uh huh...glad you agree...you can't say "All" anytime!?!..but it's become a thing of the past to discipline the little brats..
the mentally ill public that doesn't think they should discipline their children..were the ones I was talking about..

Instigator - I suppose It's just a different world now, Mr E. And we of the older guard are expected to get the hell out of the way. And as we slowly pass on, the beliefs and ideals that we have lived by will go with us and new ones will be integrated. It doesn't mean we have to like what we see. And It sure as hell doesn't mean we have to go quietly.

I "SO" agree with both of you!
It wasn't my kids fault it was their spouses. LOL

Level 8

Location hidden

#30 Jul 14, 2014
Pretend postage costs $0.49 and the form and envelope cost $0.51, that is $14,000 dollars. I guess that is not much, but I wish it was better spent. How many other misakes like that cost us and add up?

Level 8

Location hidden

#31 Jul 14, 2014
Add in the salaries of the folks responsible...
Instigator

Canisteo, NY

#32 Jul 14, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Pretend postage costs $0.49 and the form and envelope cost $0.51, that is $14,000 dollars. I guess that is not much, but I wish it was better spent. How many other misakes like that cost us and add up?
Have to consider this was government envelopes, so they had to be at least a dollar :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 5 min Old Sam 31,551
Poll New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 9 min Old Sam 667
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 11 min Old Sam 28,506
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 13 min Old Sam 18,633
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 14 min Old Sam 14,275
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min Jennifer Renee 10,738
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 17 min -ThatsAllFolks- 140,145
motorcycle traveling stories 19 min liter of the pack 613
Things that make life eaiser... 39 min birthday gal 146
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr -ThatsAllFolks- 161,505
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr mr goodwrench 8,370
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 2 hr Cyan in CA 113
More from around the web